TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fire and Knives

The Definitive Guide to Edwin/Silent.

Guest Fire and Knives

I'm in the process of putting together a Genesis hype package for the Lockdown match right now, but as I'm doing so, it's becoming apparent that there's really no way to adequately capture the entire feud in one promo. So, what I've done is compiled the original foundation of Edwin/Silent as throughly as I can for the benefit of those who either weren't present for it or have forgotten some of the relevant details. This starts in the JL on July 12th, 2002, so I'll be throughly impressed with anyone who reads it all, but you should be able to glean the important bits by skimming a promo here and there. I hope this helps.

Here we gooooo.

PROMO - "The Dark Is Rising." The first Edwin/Silent confrontation in the SWF.

PROMO - "This Is How She Reminds Me." Angel's introduction.

Promo - Violator

Promo - Violator, Part II A pair of MacPhisto flashbacks. Or maybe they're not.

PROMO - "Party Hard." Kibagami goes clubbing to an Andrew W.K. soundtrack. No, I am not making this up. Read.

Promo - Frontier Psychiatrist Z is added to the mix. Comedy abounds.

SWF GROUND ZERO Silent debuts in the WF at the end of the WarGames match...

PROMO - "The Art of War." Another key flashback, and the Art of War quotes begin in earnest. You love that gimmick like you love your mother.

Promo - Violator, Part III The final flashback, and the feud officially enters a gray area. Scary.

SWF Storm, August 2nd, 2002 Edwin stops Raynor from facing Silent in his debut match, Thoth questions Nekura about Silent's appearance, and Z puts his ass firmly into a sling.

SWF Smarkdown, August 5th, 2002 Silent's WF debut vs. Z in a hardcore match.

PROMO - "The Ghost of Christmas Past." Silent wakes up, and Nathaniel Kibagami goes back to Phoenix.

SWF Storm, August 9th, 2002 Silent vs. Chris Raynor in a strap match.

Promo - Of Broken Necks and Bitter Paths More on Edwin's past, and the tension between MacPhisto and Raynor starts to show.

PROMO: Colour Your World. Z puts HIS ASS IN A SLING.

PROMO - "Twenty-Four Hours." Silent. Z. Levity, the Love Rollercoaster, and a cage match.

SWF Smarkdown, August 19th, 2002 Silent vs. Z in a steel cage, and Alex Zenon Takes A Dive.

SWF APOCALYPSE Silent brawls to a no-contest with Annie Eclectic and no-sells the Hollowpoint Driver, and Chris Raynor turns on Edwin MacPhisto thanks to Chris Wilson and Silent...and a tape of a match in Phoenix from 1996 is aired on pay-per-view.

SWF Storm, August 30th, 2002 The ramifications of Apocalypse are made clear as Edwin/Raynor and Thoth/Silent both begin.

SWF Storm, September 6th, 2002 Raynor costs Edwin the SWF title against El Luchadore Magnifico.

Promo: The End of the Clan The Clan is dead, and Thoth/Silent seems imminent.

SWF Smarkdown, September 23rd, 2002 An impromptu tag match results in a volatile confrontation just before Genesis III - Edwin MacPhisto and Thoth take on Chris Raynor and Silent.

PROMO - "Why Should You Come When I Call?" The link between Silent and Thoth is finally clarified.

SWF GENESIS III Edwin MacPhisto and Nathaniel Kibagami both relive their greatest failures. Thoth defeats Silent in the Hell In A Cell match, and this time, it's NOT Silent's decision; in the Last Man Standing match, Edwin MacPhisto becomes the first man in the SWF to use the Demonstar Driver - and in doing so, he breaks Chris Raynor's neck.

Promo - In The Fade Edwin MacPhisto exits the SWF with hardly a word, and barely a sound. It would be more than a year before he'd been seen again in any capacity.

PROMO - "Angels of the Silences." Yuuichiro and Nathaniel seem to come to terms, and thanks to Angel, Silent seems laid to rest. He would eventually return under his real name -- Nathaniel Kibagami -- but would be plagued by injuries and general bad luck (and chronic no-showing.) He never recaptured the form he'd had when he entered the SWF. At least, not until last week, he hadn't.

And there you have it. Enjoy.

K.

Edited by Kibagami

Whoa, kudos. Talk about flashback city. In hindsight the Violator promos are a bit fruity if essential, but I'm still proud of most of what's there. The best thing to come out of all of this, though, was Strangler's comment on "Frontier Psychiatrist":

Nice promo. Like the people above me said, the humor was a refreshing change from Outcast's promos about a dead wife, Edwin and Silent's promos about some dead girl and stalking each other, and Wilson blowing things up.

Still cracks my shit up. Woo.

Guest Fire and Knives

I'm bumping this because it's still pretty fuckin' cool that I bothered to do it at all.

K.

I look at this. Then I look at Toxxic/Kibagami, which was nominated (I can't remember by who, possibly by Spike, bless him) for Feud of the Year 03-04, which can be summed up like this:

YOU BEAT ME YOU BASTARD!

*CRACK!*

HA-HA!

Flesher, when the HELL are those awards going to be done?

Most likely over the break, after my last final. If people really want them up sooner, they can dig up and post specific-post links to all the nominated matches. Otherwise, it's just going to have to wait.

You know, after re-reading a few of these, it's almost sad to see who we've lost over the years. As much as I love the Edwin/Silent match, Raynor's Genesis III opus is perhaps the emotional highpoint in the fed's entire history.

And Edwin's farwell promo still rocks. :)