TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Daredevil21

Observation

Guest AlwaysPissedOff

A-FRIGGIN-MEN, Jay. Bout time somebody got this thread back on track.

Guest Maurizio C... Version 2
like a dirty whore with toothache and a sore urethra

that was actually funny

so you come here pimping your forum... so that means that it's you the jackass that NEEDS this board, right?

God... I wanted to be a wrestling writer and look the depths I've fallen into... fighting with Cuntysmith and his asshole friends... better go play Silent Hill2 now... wonder if this situation will continue forever, every week these assholes come here and disrupts things...    

these people here love me...

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

As a regular poster of smarkboard...let me reitterate:

Who are you?

Guest Daredevil21

Jay I didn't say that you two weren't doing your jobs the best you could. I know most of the mods don't even visit the board anymore, so that's what I meant when I made the suggestion for more mods. Clearly you guys have outside lives and that's a good thing, but you can't tell me that this board even compares to the old one. I guess I just miss the old days too much to like this one, but perhaps it's just cause this one can't compare to the old one. I know some posters are well meaning, but some flat out suck and purposely and those seem to be the ones who are the majority of the bad posters group. I respect you Jay and that's why I'm not gonna argue with you and that's not me saying that most of your points are valid, cause they are. I'm just not real happy with what I see when I see the Smarks Board.

Guest Pegasus Kid

Let me make this perfectly clear: Maurizio vs WDI ends now.  I don't want to see another stupid post.  I don't want to see any flames.  I don't want to see any cheap one liners with a shameless plug at the end.  I'M SICK OF IT!  If you continue your little war, I will ban you.  If you manage to find a way around the ban, I will restrict all of your posting rights so that no matter what you write, the only thing that comes up is "I'm the creamy centre in the Hardy Boyz double stuff Oreo."  This is your only warning.

Guest AlwaysPissedOff

Am I the only one who sees that this back and forth bickering is retarded? You guys just need to chill out.

Guest Tha Cunnysmythe
so you come here pimping your forum... so that means that it's you the jackass that NEEDS this board, right?

What does that really mean? That makes absolutely no sense to me.

God... I wanted to be a wrestling writer and look the depths I've fallen into... fighting with Cuntysmith and his asshole friends...

Oh, the aspirations you once had... *sheds a tear* Now you're stuck misspelling people's names in an attempt to flame them. Cuntysmith? You ripped that off from TheGheym. A twisted, strange man who has stalked me and many others in tha past. A man who you apparently look up to and hope to emulate. You poor, poor man. You could have been Bob Ryder's understudy... *sigh*

Oh, and you fell to those depths months ago. This is the highpoint of your week, admit it.

every week these assholes come here and disrupts things...

Okay. Daredevil is a regular poster here. He posts a thread not unlike those that YOU YOURSELF have posted in the past, about the board going downhill or being crappy or whatnot. He mentions (in passing, mind you) another board which he prefers. You mention as a final, grammatically abhorrent line that the board sucks. And when the posters defend the board you say they come and disrupt things. That's like lighting a fuse and getting mad at the dynamite, or setting off a nuclear weapon prior to blaming the radiation for the CANCER.

Can't forget the pimping.

World Domination, Inc.

World Domination, Inc.

World Domination, Inc.

World Domination, Inc.

Hey, I have to represent.

EDIT: Okay, I'll say no more.

ok, no cheap one liners (not the fact that I had absoloutely NOTHING to do with it in the first place, but go figure...).

As daredevil said there's not that sense of community anymore, but to me that's because back in the days of the delphi forum the smark population was not as it is today. there were less insider fans and those who *knew* acted mature enough.

today, thanx to vince and his sportz entertainment, every wrestling fan, from 10 years old to 60 and more, knows how the biz operates... of course they know the funny side of it, not the Pillman shooting, JYD smocking, RVD doping side of the deal, so it's basically a field open to anyone. Plus, there's only one big fed so people has less to talk about. You can open just an amount of decent thread before starting to debate on Booker T's hairstyle and so forth.

It's too bad because, as a lingtime Old School folder lover, I see that the only folder with people is th wwf one while the old school is full of "do you remember that guy" threads that relly can go on for 4/5 posts before fading.

the qulity of wrestling sites is another thing that put fans to sleep. back in the day one could talk about madden, keith, scaia, crz, shannon, ruder, scoops, scoopthis, ignwrestling, wrestleline, ranstylvania, emzee, nwwwo and others. today the internet is open to anyone that wanna write (me included) so those that really wanna express themselves open a site instead of writing on boards like this one.

I don't see it as a good thing. call me pessimist but I think that in 2/3 years the wwf will have gone back to it's '93 days and the biz will finally cease to be he great thing it is.

sad story.

Guest AlwaysPissedOff

I agree wih everything said, MC. I can't really add more to it, but what you stated was pretty much right on the money.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

i dunno why everyone's all down on the wwf folder. sure there's alot of shit there but there's alot of really intelligent posters who STILL manage to have great conversations. Jay and the others catch the trolls quickly expect for that one night when professor beljar and his many identitys floded the folder.

so i say smarkboard and the wwf folder rock and will be even better with more mods.

Guest The Masked Yodeler

Make bps21 a mod, so he may dispense his healing light on the WWF folder.

That is all.

Guest Sek
today, thanx to vince and his sportz entertainment, every wrestling fan, from 10 years old to 60 and more, knows how the biz operates...

I'd say that was the sheets and the Internet's doing. SPORTZ ENTERTAINMENT dropped the facade of pro wrestling being a legit contest, but all the backstage drama and details on how the biz operates comes right off the 'net.

Vince can be blamed for a lot, but not this.

sek, you didn't understand what I was trying to say:

We longtime insider fans (I talk for myslf, that is) know the biz as well as anyone could. We started talking about it back in the day. SPORTZ ENTERTAINMENT is basically Vince giving an interview like "Yes. Wrestling is staged. we've got superstars instead of wrestlers. wrestling is shit. wwf ain't wrestling. it's an action adventure series" but of course they'll leave the truth to meltzer, keller, most people fans of this boom don't know about.

and thess semi-fans come on message boards since anyone has got the 'net today. They see wwf and come here.

about polls, I'd advice Bower to create a poll a week at the top of the page, so we can talk and vote, a la meltzer.

Man I miss college life, when I could just sit around, browse the web and drink whenever I felt like it. Then again I browse the web whenever I want here at work, if only I could booze it up, oh well.

Some of you stilll take this board too seriously, btw.  later.

Guest Sek
sek, you didn't understand what I was trying to say:

You said Vince was responsible for people knowing all the backstage gossip, and I said he wasn't. I don't see the misunderstanding.

We longtime insider fans (I talk for myslf, that is) know the biz as well as anyone could. We started talking about it back in the day. SPORTZ ENTERTAINMENT is basically Vince giving an interview like "Yes. Wrestling is staged. we've got superstars instead of wrestlers. wrestling is shit. wwf ain't wrestling. it's an action adventure series" but of course they'll leave the truth to meltzer, keller, most people fans of this boom don't know about.

Thats right, most fans don't know about the sheets. They don't know who the BACKSTAGE POLITICANS OF DOOM~! are, so basically the only people who wrestling is "ruined" for is those who willingly read the sheets and get all the third and fourth hand gossip reported as facts and let it color their view of the shows.

and thess semi-fans come on message boards since anyone has got the 'net today. They see wwf and come here.

I love how everyone who isn't an ubersmark and obsesses over every .01 rating point or all the backstage DRAMA is a "semi-fan" or as Grandmasta Keith would say "a rube". Christ forbid someone actually watch the shows to be entertained and not with a stopwatch to time the length of each rest hold.

I don't mean to berate newer fans. Only it's a fact that a *rube* 9 times out of 10 is a bore to talk with. usually the conversation with one of them is on the line of these subjects:

- Hogan is an icon and he's better than that boring Benoit.

- the wwf RULZ!

- ECW? What's that? USWA WHAT?!

- Test is underrated. he's big and tall and he RULZ, too!!!

You see, the thing I hate more than a rube itself is when the guys starts acting cool and putting down Hogan, Flair and the old timers in genral without making a difference. He'll go with the flow... but when you start asking him why he hates hogn and thinks he's a cancer he'll asnwer you "Well... uh... everyone says that, so..."

Hey, I was like that, so I'm not some old timer against new guys. It's just that these newer wwf fans come on the board and kill the damn thing with 30 KOTR topics or 50 HBK topics every month.

Guest Spaceman Spiff
I don't mean to berate newer fans. Only it's a fact that a *rube* 9 times out of 10 is a bore to talk with. usually the conversation with one of them is on the line of these subjects:

- Hogan is an icon and he's better than that boring Benoit.

You see, the thing I hate more than a rube itself is when the guys starts acting cool and putting down Hogan, Flair and the old timers in genral without making a difference. He'll go with the flow... but when you start asking him why he hates hogn and thinks he's a cancer he'll asnwer you "Well... uh... everyone says that, so..."

So, which is it?  Hogan is or is not an icon?  Aside from actual in-ring skill, Hogan > Benoit.

As for this actual board, sure it may be slow sometimes, but I love the Quick Reply and the ability to "turn off" signatures.

Guest Denny Burkholder

We're all rubes. Some of us just don't know it yet.

Denny

Guest Loss4Words
Charles "Loss4Words" Williams was a bad poster back in the day

Well, I was right when I heard that this thread was disgusting.  Good Lord Jay. :)

Guest PYNAGE
ECW? What's that? USWA WHAT?!

At any rate , I post at WDI (I am Hungry Jack)  , butttt thats not the issue .  

My question for MC , and for that matter , lots of people , is why all the constant ECW jock-riding ?

Sure , maybe they were 'innovative' and 'ahead of their time' , but goddamn, their best run was 7 YEARS AGO!!!!

ECW was the bomb and the diggy , in NINETEEN NINETY FUCKING FIVE!

The product they put out from 96 onward largely sucked copius amounts of dick , what with the Justin Credible going over everyone and his grandmother , Jason EVERYWHERE , and NICOLE GODDAMN BASS . Sure, there were bright spots (Tajiri/Crazy , Whipwreck/Tajiri as a team ,the Duds in general ) but it seems to me , that the only things to get excited about after that were former ECW stars returning , and after the initial shock value of that , it became a bore to watch the same old shit , evey match , every show .

To me , ECW got caught up in it's own hype .  I mean,  every association has to EVOLVe , to change with the times . ECW may have been ahead of its time at its inception , but remember , ECW came to be in 1993! it died in 2001 . 8 years is a long time to go without growing at all as a style , let alone a promotion . It was always the same , Highspot this , profanity  that ,table this  , watch Tommy Dreamer break himself , fade to black .  All I'm saying is I would rather watch WWF  , than ECW . MAYYYYBe not SOME select ECW matches , but they are few .

In closing , ECW is dead . stop fellating the corpse. Let it go .

(as an aside , USWA was Sportz Entertainment from Top to Bottom , and masturbatory booking at it's finest ...Lawler champion? FEH.)

Guest Denny Burkholder

>>In closing , ECW is dead . stop fellating the corpse. Let it go.<<

I agree. Nobody should speak kindly of something that no longer exists, because it is discourteous to those who didn't care for it in the first place.  :)

Hmm.... guess I better rethink the whole "Circa" concept. Nevermind.

Denny

well, many people remember ECW more as an urban legend that the real deal. The fed that revolutionized wrestling... the profanity... the drunk wrestlers... the bouncing checks... wow, when XPW will finally die I guess someone will remember them in good spirit, too :0

Guest admin

This board will soon be converted to IBfourms (a PHP driven w/ my_sql backend once it finshes the beta stages)  Its made by same developers as ikonboard and will be much more reliable, have many more options. and more things.  It looks really neat right now.

This board will soon be converted to IBfourms (a PHP driven w/ my_sql backend once it finshes the beta stages)  Its made by same developers as ikonboard and will be much more reliable, have many more options. and more things.  It looks really neat right now.

Admin I like you dude but are you on drugs? I think you responded to wron topic dude! ??? ???

last night (Italy time) I logged on and I got directed to 411 wrestling... ok, i applied for that site but still contnt they got *funny* colors ans I agree with the mod, their forum is not eceptional... well, I'm moody today. I was dreaming something then woke up so... no matter what happens with this forum and the site, let me say it's been my pleasure to post here since the beginning (sort of). I'm not a computer wizard, so reading about servers and shit just don't explain it to me.

from keith to cubano to the very memebers of this forum, well, it's been a great ride. hope to resolve things the best way.

Guest crandamaniac

read the thread in general chat, figured yall would want 2 read this so..

BIZUMP!