TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

Baseball Preview

San Francisco @ Florida

4pm ESPN2

Kirk Rueter (10-5) vs. Mark Redman (14-9)

The series moves to Florida for game 3, tied at one game apeace. These are the games the Marlins need to win. They've got an 80s Cardinals type of team. Play in a big pitcher's park, and build with speed. The Marlins may need to win both games in Pro Player to win, because I'm not sure they can beat Jason Schmidt in Pac Bell Park.

Atlanta @ Chicago Cubs

8pm ESPN

Greg Maddux (16-11) vs. Mark Prior (18-6)

So I guess fox can't be bothered with the postseason? It's better this way. ESPN's presentation is more professional. Their announcers are shit sometimes, but otherwise the programs are top notch. As for the game, Mark Prior is the future, and he's pitching at home. Greg Maddux will need all of his experience to win this one.

Guest Bobby Cox is God

See the sig.

ANd remember, Maddux is 11-2 lifetime vs. the Cubs. Maddux will be pumoed, he's in his final days as a Brave.

51-33 with a 3.15 ERA career at Wrigley. Most of that likely comes from his days as a Cub. And its 11-3 against the Cubs.

Problem with Maddux is that his K rate has taken a hit the last two years.

If he wants to boost that tonight, all he has to do is load the bases at the start of an inning. The Cubs will take care of the rest.

If he wants to boost that tonight, all he has to do is load the bases at the start of an inning. The Cubs will take care of the rest.

Ouch. It hurts because it's true.

Ouch. It hurts because it's true.

Tell me about it. As a Cubs fan, it pained me to type that...but it had to be said.

Guest Bobby Cox is God

Take all the exception you want, I love the guy, but he's playing my Braves and I'd boo my mother if she was playing aganist the Braves.