TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

The ONE and ONLY World Series Thread

If the Yankees had just lost I would agree with you guys saying the Yankees fans should be happy to be there. But when a team quits on you, it kills you. From experience this year, Flyers/Sens. I don't care that the Flyers lost, but I care that the Flyers didn't seem to give a shit. And I wanted them to blow the whole team up.

Goddamn, what the fuck is with some of you people?

Has it now become acceptable to fail? That not doing your best is now okay?

I must have missed the memo when failure became acceptable.

Second best is still a loser. They're just as bad as the team that finishes in dead last, if not even worse, since the last place team never got a chance to blow it.

I never realized that it is now okay to sit around and know that there is someone better then you out there, and you do nothing to make it so that you become the better one.

I'm not just saying this because I'm a Yanks fan. Every grade that isn't a 100, I feel like a failure. Every question wrong on a quiz or a test, I feel like a failure.

I look at my GPA and midterm grades, and I feel like slitting my writs. Because with grades like that, I deserve to be called a failure.

Every time I see someone else do better then me, it eats me alive inside. Because it means that person is better then me, that person owns me, and I can't do anything about it until I do better then them.

I demand success of myself, and I find that it is absolute BULLSHIT that other people are satisfied with losing.

Guest Anglesault
I can understand being upset that they didn't win a series that they should have, but talk about ungrateful. Every fan of 28 other teams would give anything to be in your place right now,

BULLSHIT.

No one wants their team to get to the World Series and give up.

And losing is losing. I don't care if you finish 2nd, 10th or 30th, you're still a loser.

And I find losing to be unacceptable.

I can understand being upset that they didn't win a series that they should have, but talk about ungrateful.  Every fan of 28 other teams would give anything to be in your place right now,

BULLSHIT.

No one wants their team to get to the World Series and give up.

And losing is losing. I don't care if you finish 2nd, 10th or 30th, you're still a loser.

And I find losing to be unacceptable.

This mean your a Marlins fan now? ;)

Guest Anglesault

I respect the Marlins, because they are winners.

The same can't be said for my team.

Josh Beckett press conference on ESPN right now...one shit already dropped on national TV.

<little counter appears in corner of screen saying "1">

"I don't think you heard me quite right... I said 'shit'... on television"

Goddamn, what the fuck is with some of you people?

Has it now become acceptable to fail?  That not doing your best is now okay?

I must have missed the memo when failure became acceptable.

Second best is still a loser.  They're just as bad as the team that finishes in dead last, if not even worse, since the last place team never got a chance to blow it.

I never realized that it is now okay to sit around and know that there is someone better then you out there, and you do nothing to make it so that you become the better one.

I'm not just saying this because I'm a Yanks fan.  Every grade that isn't a 100, I feel like a failure.  Every question wrong on a quiz or a test, I feel like a failure.

I look at my GPA and midterm grades, and I feel like slitting my writs.  Because with grades like that, I deserve to be called a failure.

Every time I see someone else do better then me, it eats me alive inside.  Because it means that person is better then me, that person owns me, and I can't do anything about it until I do better then them.

I demand success of myself, and I find that it is absolute BULLSHIT that other people are satisfied with losing.

:huh:

You're very young, aren't you?

If you feel like a failure if you don't win at everything, or aren't perfect, you're going to have a very miserable life.

I never said you shouldn't be upset that they lost. I'm saying that if you're wishing death upon someone who was only a small part in the loss than you're an ungrateful whiner who doesn't deserve to be a fan of a team that's been as successful as the Yankees.

Bleh, hey its immediate postgame loss distress syndrome and I as an A's fan know it too well. It'll take a few days then they'll be over it once the heart ripped out of your chest feeling goes away.

I never said you shouldn't be upset that they lost. I'm saying that if you're wishing death upon someone who was only a small part in the loss than you're an ungrateful whiner who doesn't deserve to be a fan of a team that's been as successful as the Yankees.

It's helping me blow off steam. It's either that or walk around until someone makes a snide remark and I take it out on them.

Again, show me a good loser and I'll show you someone who will never win anything in their life.

As for my method of beliefs, combine that with a complete lack of self confidence and a pessimistic outlook on life, as well as anger problems, and I'm more or less guaranteed to be dead before I'm 30.

So, it'll be a miserable and short life.

Guest Anglesault
I never said you shouldn't be upset that they lost. I'm saying that if you're wishing death upon someone who was only a small part in the loss .

A small part?

He blew a game single handedly!

When you only have four games to lose, that's huge.

you're an ungrateful whiner who doesn't deserve to be a fan of a team that's been as successful as the Yankees.

The past is the past. They were successful then.

They've failed for three straight years with no real reason to suggest an upswing.

We could be heading into a drought. I think that's reason to complain.

I dunno; David Robinson always struck me as a good loser. At the very least, he was a graceful loser.

He's not going to be remembered as a loser though, will he?

Winning kinda does change your perception in people's minds.

And if he was a good loser, he wouldn't have had the fire and drive to come back and succeed.

Losing gracefully on the outside doesn't make you a good loser on the inside.

Guest FrigidSoul
Josh Beckett press conference on ESPN right now...one shit already dropped on national TV.

<little counter appears in corner of screen saying "1">

"I don't think you heard me quite right... I said 'shit'... on television"

*watches a Dragon come out of the ground during the press conference and eat Don Zimmer*

I dunno; David Robinson always struck me as a good loser. At the very least, he was a graceful loser.

And if he was a good loser, he wouldn't have had the fire and drive to come back and succeed.

Well, by that standard, the Yankees shouldn't be considered losers, either.

You have a very narrow definition of "drought."

With the exception of the Marlins, Spurs, Bucs, and Devils, every major professional team in America and part of Canada is in a drought.

Dear Florida Marlins:

THANK YOU!!!!!

Signed,

Red Sox Nation

Boo fucking hoo, the Yankees are finally human again. It would have been more poetic if Boone made the last out, but I'll settle for Posada. George, we'll take Torre off your hands right now if you don't want him.

Guest Anglesault
If you feel like a failure if you don't win at everything, or aren't perfect, you're going to have a very miserable life.

Then so be it.

I'd rather be a miserable pessimistic perfectionist than a happy go lucky moron who accepts failure.

Guest Anglesault

3 years and counting, with nothing to assure me that it's ending next year or the year after that.

Well, by that standard, the Yankees shouldn't be considered losers, either.

He won going out. He went out on top.

It's another reason as to why John Elway is put up onto a higher pedistal; because he went out a winner.

Jordan tarnished his legacy by coming back and playing two years on a non-championship team. His legacy has gone from Ultimate Winner to Person Who Never Learned To Quit.

Though, to his credit, he never did quit.

I don't know what I'd rather be: a failure or a quitter.

Though a quitter is always a failure, but a failure isn't always a quitter.

Oooh, THREE YEARS!! Oh my, it's the Curse of the Weavino that's tormented these poor Yankee fans to deprive them of their first World Championship since way back in 2000!

3 years and counting, with nothing to assure me that it's ending next year or the year after that.

Yeah, and you'd won four out five until that, and two of those three years you made it to a championship round.

Forgive me if I don't shed a tear because you expect to end every year 173-0.l

Oooh, THREE YEARS!! Oh my, it's the Curse of the Weavino that's tormented these poor Yankee fans to deprive them of their first World Championship since way back in 2000!

I know, right? The Yankees have only won three championships in my six-year son's lifetime.

Yankee fans are sooo deprived...

[/sarcasm]

... Though a quitter is always a failure, but a failure isn't always a quitter.

What about Scottie Pippen, then?

The man who rode Jordan's coattails to six rings, and the person who gave up on his team with 1.7 seconds left in the playoffs.

That's how Scottie Pippen will be remembered.

Guest Anglesault

I forget how thrilled the "Red Sox Nation" would have been if they made the World Series but played like the Yankees did.

Better yet, say the Red Sox weren't expected to fail every year, and like the Yankees, were expected to win.

Then they go out and fail in spectacular fashion three times in a row.

You'd be jumping for joy, I'm sure.

I never said you shouldn't be upset that they lost.  I'm saying that if you're wishing death upon someone who was only a small part in the loss .

A small part?

He blew a game single handedly!

When you only have four games to lose, that's huge.

Fuck that. That's like saying Gonzalez singlehandedly won the game just because he hit the game winning home run. Weaver played a part in the loss, but you can't lay the entire blame all on him.

Guest Anglesault
I'd rather be a miserable pessimistic perfectionist than a happy go lucky moron who accepts failure.

That's very... sad. I don't even know how else to respond to that.

I don't understand how society has come to the point where it's okay and often accepted and dare I say rewarded to be a loser.