TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

Zimmer says he's done

On ESPNNEWS, they just said something to the effect of Steinbrenner's lack of support for the coaching staff. They said Zim lashed out at him and said he's done at the end of the Series, saying "I'm a human being, and I ain't been treated like one for 11 months."

Discuss.

Does anyone know what Zimmer actually does anyway? Besides take up bench room.

He makes David Wells feel better about not being the fattest man in the dugout

Guest Choken One

zimmer is pretty much what you would call Comedic Relief/Inspirational movtivator...Torre wanted to laugh a little and Zimmer really shaped and modeled Jeter.

zimmer is pretty much what you would call Comedic Relief/Inspirational movtivator...Torre wanted to laugh a little and Zimmer really shaped and modeled Jeter.

So basically he does nothing is what you're saying.

Wait....wait....no, scratch that. He also occasionally gets his fat ass rolled along the field when he starts thinking he's tougher than he actually is, not to mention 40 years younger.

Gotcha.

Guest Smues

Damnit, everytime I see Zimmer I can't help but think NOTHING STOPS THE BLOB!! but it appears something finally did.

Guest Mindless_Aggression

For some reason, I always saw him sitting on the bench and complaining constantly. "Wheres my jello?! Whos gonna drive me home?! You're not my regular nurse! Merle died ya know!"

Or one of those uber bitter old bastards who just bitches about how much better he was than everyone. "Feh! Martinez is a pussy! Back in my day, if a pitcher threw at us, we put his ass in a wheelchair! Why I played a whole game with a baseball buried in my skull. Still got 2 doubles and stole a base! Pussies, all of em!"

In any case, that man went to the school that burnt down before they even built the old school.