TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest NaturalBornThriller4:20

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre...

Oh come fucking on.

This new version of TCM didn't have hardly ANY gore or whatever in it.

You saw blood, you saw severed body parts, but you basicly never truly saw the act as it was going on.

I love implied violence more. Reminds me of Psycho (the infamous shower scene).

Yeah, that's good sometimes...but Pepper's death was just dull.

This movie really let me down on many levels, it seemed like they tried to mix Blair Witch, Scream, TCM, and other 80's slashers films all together. The original is was MUCH better

Guest Sakura

I thought it was great. How can anyone say it had a ton of gore or was too violent? You barely see anything.

Loved the new ending too.

The first guy's death was pretty weak though.

A few things that kinda of cringe or spooked me

Spoiler (Highlight to Read):

1.) Erin seeing Leatherface with her ex- boyfriends face sewed on.

2.) The sherif smashing the bottle over the guy jaw was unexpected.

3.) Chainsaw up around the nuts area...Getting sawed off in half is one thing. Getting your nuts off first, then dying...thats different.

She maybe too fucked up, but it seemed a while as well. She must have been lost somewhere

The first guy's death was pretty weak though.

A few things that kinda of cringe or spooked me

1.) Erin seeing Leatherface with her ex- boyfriends face sewed on.

2.) The sherif smashing the bottle over the guy jaw was unexpected.

3.) Chainsaw up around the nuts area...Getting sawed off in half is one thing. Getting your nuts off first, then dying...thats different.

She maybe too fucked up, but it seemed a while as well. She must have been lost somewhere

And #2 and #3 were the same guy...ouch.

The boyfriend's face thing was stupid.

I really didn't like this movie. I've given it a couple days...and I can honestly say I didn't like this movie.

It was very "Hollywood tries to do TCM"...and it lacked the sheer brutality of the original.

Getting your leg cut off by a chainsaw isn't brutal...because you know its fake and you can't suspend that disbelief.

Putting a girl in a sack and hitting her with a stick is brutal. Putting her at the dinner table with all manner of disgusting things than slowly budgeoning her with a mallet is brutal.

This movie was brutal too...only in a different way.

Putting a girl in a sack and hitting her with a stick is brutal.

Not to mention that Siedow [Drayton] had to actually hit her with the broomstick to make it look realistic.

I saw it last night, and I liked it ... but mainly for one reason: I didn't expect much out of it. If you went in expecting it to compare (or surpass) the original, then of course you're going to be disappointed. I went in hoping to see creepy southerners (check), Jessica Biel looking hot (check), and an old-school horror film, without any of this "wink, wink, we're in on the joke"-crap that Scream brought to the table (check).

Someone asked why everyone in the town was related:

if you lived near somewhere and people kept disappearing without a trace, wouldn't you get the fuck out too? The only ones that stayed were those that were down with the Hewitt's

And count me as another person that didn't like the whole 'he has a skin disease' reason for Leatherface wearing people's skin as a mask. Just leave it that he's crazy as all hell, and it's a good enough angle for me.

I'm going to see it tonight with my boss....anyone in the Houston area wanna help me? She's gonna be so damn scared it's not even funny. I'll just watch it and it won't phase me, but I have a feeling she's gonna end up in my lap.

I'm going to see it tonight with my boss....anyone in the Houston area wanna help me? She's gonna be so damn scared it's not even funny. I'll just watch it and it won't phase me, but I have a feeling she's gonna end up in my lap.

Pictures please :D

Oh yeah. :P

I just got back from seeing it, and I loved the entire thing. It was a nice compliment to the original, without shitting all over it. There were moments when the ENTIRE THEATRE jumped out of their seats. Couple that with the hot 23-year-old sitting next to me constantly grabbing my arm, burying her head in my chest and jumping in my lap, and you've got yourself a great movie.

Ah, but if you had YOUR head buried in HER chest.... THEN you'd be on to something.

And I just got back a couple hrs ago from seeing TCM tonight... Wasn't really as scary as I thought it would be... A few major plot holes annoyed the shit out of me. It was far from being the worst horror flick I've seen, but nothing about it really made it jump out at me as being the best, either.

And it is dark in a movie theater

Then fuck the theater and go somewhere else then!

;)

The movie was good, but definately not scary. I did end up with with a scared friend in my lap a few times.

And Downhome, after we hit the bars and clubs. Then once closing time hit, we came back and drank more. :)