TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Renegade

If you could make a game into a movie

Guest Flyboy
i've been waiting years now for an "LoZ: Ocarina of Time" movie, i loved that game so much. i really think it could be done

That's my all-time favorite video game, but a movie wouldn't do it justice.

I'd like to see a movie based on Comix Zone, personally. I love(d) that game.

First of all, great to see that somebody else liked that game. I'd love to see a really over the top animated version of it, think it could really be a good animated comedy, action adventure type thing.

Another one I wouldn't mind seeing is a movie based on Adventures of Bayou Billy. It could be like a cajun James Bond.

Guest Danny Dubya v 2.0

A movie based on Skies of Arcadia would do good in the theatres... c'mon, Pirates of the Carribean did well and SoA is all about airship pirates and ancient lands and an evil imperial empire and shit with some perversion and smartassery thrown into the mix. And who wouldn't like Vyse, Aika and Gilder?

Metroid ...  it could work if it was Metroid vs. a futuristic society of brain creatures or something...I dunno...

but that's my all time favorite game...

Metroid movie; see: the Alien movies.

I don't see that...i mean..in a way i do... but i wouldn't do it in the same manner...

I just love that game...

and where is a TWISTED METAL movie??

Metroid ...  it could work if it was Metroid vs. a futuristic society of brain creatures or something...I dunno...

but that's my all time favorite game...

Metroid movie; see: the Alien movies.

I don't see that...i mean..in a way i do... but i wouldn't do it in the same manner...

I just love that game...

and where is a TWISTED METAL movie??

Heh, well, basically Metroid borrows HEAVILY from the Alien movies, even the bad ones (Resurrection and Fusion, for instance).

So while the plots are rather different, much like the case of EVA and Xenogears I feel that a movie based on the game would just come off as a lame ripoff.

Chrono Trigger.

I couldn't think of a good way to split it into three movies, so I guess 2 movies, first one ends when you beat Magus, second one ends when you beat Lavos. I ignored the side quest.

Metal Gear Solid, GTA III and Vice City, Dragon Ball Z, Max Payne, Tony Hawk Underground, WinBack.

Edited by theintensifier

Monkey Island.

oh yeaaah, a MI movie would own so much. I love that series, Pirates of the Caribbean reminded me alot of MI, but still:

Guybrush Treepwood > Jack Sparrow