TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JHawk

JHawk's Raw on-site report

Guest Mulatto Heat

I can sum up the Steve Austin-Shawn Michaels backstage skit in 20 words or less: "Will you be on my Survivor Series team?" "Even with our history?" "Yes." "You got it." Instead, we got a five minute snoozer that was met by individual fans yelling "Get on with it" and "Ask him out already!"

:lol:

Dark Match: Bobby Rude vs. Eric Young

You know who the faces are in WWE dark matches because they're billed as from the area whether they are or not. For example, Young is billed as from Shaker Heights, Ohio, "home" of the Beverly Brothers, despite the fact that he probably wouldn't know Shaker Heights is a suburb of Cleveland if it was written down in front of him. A good match overall despite the crowd yelling their catcalls because they've never seen these guys. Young wins with a sweet looking moonsault at 5:05.

I saw this match in a nightclub here in Peterborough. Does Young still have his horrible backne?

Oh, and did Tyson Dux do his cool dance?

Dark Match: Bobby Rude vs. Eric Young

You know who the faces are in WWE dark matches because they're billed as from the area whether they are or not. For example, Young is billed as from Shaker Heights, Ohio, "home" of the Beverly Brothers, despite the fact that he probably wouldn't know Shaker Heights is a suburb of Cleveland if it was written down in front of him. A good match overall despite the crowd yelling their catcalls because they've never seen these guys. Young wins with a sweet looking moonsault at 5:05.

I saw this match in a nightclub here in Peterborough. Does Young still have his horrible backne?

Wrestling in a nightclub? I bet they have good theme music huh?

Nice report.

We were in section 108 and there was this kid with a "Will you go out with me, Nikki" sign that we were pissed as hell at.

First, we grumbled to ourselves during the dark/Heat matches.

Then, we yelled at him to put the sign down (We didn't want to use offensive language since there were two little kids in the row between us who seemed cool). The guy either ignored us or didn't know we were talking to him.

Finally, he realizes. So, every fucking time he goes to put his sign up, we IMMEDIATELY bark "PUT THE SIGN DOWN!" And he does. 5 minutes later, it's back up, "PUT THE GODDAMN SIGN DOWN! HE AIN'T GOING OUT WITH YOU!" follows right behind and he puts the sign down.

So, basically we're playing this tag game with a 17 year old turdburglar much to the amusement of our section.

Sign up . . . we yell . . . he listens . . . 5 minutes later . . . sign up . . . we yell . . . he listens.

Still, a fun time live. The Flair promo had us marking like bitches going to an N-Sync concert.

"6 FOOT 5! 350LBS! HE'LL KILL YA! HE'LL BREAK YOUR VERTEBRAE! WOOOOOO!!!!!!!"

Good stuff.

The thing about what you see on the TitanTron is what you see on TV is only true about 70 percent of the time. I've been to Gund for shows and taped them on TV and you can clearly see some differences. Still, the sign thing is obnoxious. I say ban them altogether, but that would probably piss people off even more.

Also, how big was the crowd? It looked REALLY small on TV, even smaller than the Raw in June '02 where the entire upper deck was tarped off. Sad.

The thing about what you see on the TitanTron is what you see on TV is only true about 70 percent of the time. I've been to Gund for shows and taped them on TV and you can clearly see some differences. Still, the sign thing is obnoxious. I say ban them altogether, but that would probably piss people off even more.

Also, how big was the crowd? It looked REALLY small on TV, even smaller than the Raw in June '02 where the entire upper deck was tarped off. Sad.

Wasn't at the June 2002 Raw, but I can tell you the whole upper deck was tarped off and AT LEAST half of the club level was also tarped off. Kind of sad to see how for WWE has fallen. I really think they should consider moving into the CSU Convocation Center if things don't improve. However, it should be noted that just half the upper deck was tarped when Raw came into town March of this year. Credit that to The Rock.

MillenniumMan hit the nail on the head as far as the size of the crowd. To answer the other questions:

Does Young still have his horrible backne?

Wasn't really looking that close, so I couldn't tell you.

Yes.

God, why does Austin ALWAYS have to win? Hasn't he stunned Coach enough?

I didn't actually realize they were at a commercial when they did that bit and more or less chalked that up to "Austin's team's losing at Survivor Series so he's getting his shots in now." Of course, since this didn't actually air...

And I wouldn't say he actually got the win over Batista since Goldberg did have to save him.

Oh hell, people can bitch all day long about Austin, but he was the person at least half the people PAID to see on Monday. And I think by the end of the night, many were satisfied.

If it wasn't for the Cavs game tonight, I'd swear Austin/Goldberg would still be in the ring drinking.

Not to get all preachy about the good ol' days here, but I can remember the first Raw at Gund in March 1998 (Tyson joins DX, Undertaker returns and challenges Kane for WMXIV). I went down there without a ticket and couldn't even scalp my way in. The joint was PACKED and the show was off the hook.

Man, how times have changed.

Not to get all preachy about the good ol' days here, but I can remember the first Raw at Gund in March 1998 (Tyson joins DX, Undertaker returns and challenges Kane for WMXIV). I went down there without a ticket and couldn't even scalp my way in. The joint was PACKED and the show was off the hook.

Man, how times have changed.

The sad thing is I can't remember one match on that show. Austin-Kane was scheduled and cancelled to do the Kane-Undertaker angle, and that was basically it.

I remember what wrestling there was being really bad though.

True, but that was a rare night where the storyline stuff was so good, you can almost forgive a lack of quality in-ring stuff. To me, with a Free TV show like Raw or Smackdown, any good matches are a bonus... Those shows are basically there to set up PPV... THAT is where you are supposed to get the quality wrestling.

True, but that was a rare night where the storyline stuff was so good, you can almost forgive a lack of quality in-ring stuff. To me, with a Free TV show like Raw or Smackdown, any good matches are a bonus... Those shows are basically there to set up PPV... THAT is where you are supposed to get the quality wrestling.

It's one thing when you watch it on TV. It's another when you paid however much money for your ticket.

But you're right, storyline-wise, that show kicked ass.