TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Renegade

Classic games thread

Guest Nacho Nixon

Dynamite Headdy, Gunstar Heroes, Toejam and Earl, all classics that never got the respect they deserved from the general gaming public. EA's General Chaos was another Genesis favorite of mine back in the day.

I was also obsessed with Baseball Stars on the NES for several years, and am probably one of the few people who actually enjoyed Bomber King.

Edited by Nacho Nixon

Guest Nacho Nixon
I never got to play Boogerman. My parents refused to buy me a game that was built around flatulants and mucus...they didn't mind killing games though.

Zombies Ate My Neighbors was rocking

That's just harsh. I mean, the game didn't even use the word fart - the manual clearly referred to them as "frrts". Oh, and ZAMN was brilliant.

Edited by Nacho Nixon

Also Light Crusader (another good Treasure game).

Earthbound for SNES was so frickin' awesome; where's a sequel to THAT -- besides in video game development purgatory?

Guest FrigidSoul

Even though I have still yet to play it I hear good things about Conquer's Bad Fur Day...some people say the giant poo monster makes it a classic

Even though I have still yet to play it I hear good things about Conquer's Bad Fur Day...some people say the giant poo monster makes it a classic

Yes it does. You can download it. Just get a n64 emulator.

Guest Fook
Startropics

FUCKING YES!!!

I loved that game and played it for hours as a kid!

Startropics = :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

While I suspect the fact I was young clouded my judgment of crap, my friends and I totally bought into the Jurassic Park for Genesis hype centred around being able to play as the Raptor.

Also Light Crusader (another good Treasure game).

Earthbound for SNES was so frickin' awesome; where's a sequel to THAT -- besides in video game development purgatory?

Its in Japan, along with a compilation of the first two EarthBound (Mother in Japan) games. Neither are scheduled to be released overseas, but both can be imported and played since they're GBA games. Theres just the small matter of Japanese text.

I'd like to act Plok to the list. Fun little game from Europe where the main character was a magic pile of clothes whose limbs could shoot off. He dressed up as a firefighter and a hunter. Go Plok.

While I suspect the fact I was young clouded my judgment of crap, my friends and I totally bought into the Jurassic Park for Genesis hype centred around being able to play as the Raptor.

Guilty as well. It was the first video game I ever owned (not played, because that would be one of the Mega Man games I believe, over at my cousin's).

Guest Olympic Slam

I second Earthworm Jim. That game just really did it for me. Can't say why. Although EWJ 2 SUCKED! Whose with me?

Kid Icarus. A forgotten classic. Thank god for the Captain N cartoons or else we'd never remember K.Icarus

Baseball Simulator 1.000 for the NES. I LOVED THAT GAME!

RC Pro-Am for the NES

The Adventure Island series was also pretty swell for the time

Earthbound for SNES has a huge cult following but the game doesn't get enough mainstream love. Prolly cause the elitist RPG'ers hate it.

I think Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island is a forgotten classic as it came out at the very end of the SNES's life. Awesome game.

I think Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island is a forgotten classic as it came out at the very end of the SNES's life. Awesome game.

WAAAAH! WAAAAH! WAAAAH! WAAAAH!

I hated that game cause of that goddamn baby Mario

I have the first 2 Shining Force games on the comp...gotta love Emulators. I do have to say that the third installment was a major flop as for some reason they decided to fuck the US installment by leaving out 2 discs. (If you remember there was 3 main characters...in Japan each one got a disc and at the end they all came together) I'm hoping perhaps Sega will remake the 3rd one and release it on a new gen system

Sadly, I doubt we'll ever see a 3rd Shining Force remake.

Because it was on Sega CD and because the company that does the game has a new series that they are currently in love with (ie: Golden Sun).

I think a lot of people don't give Phantasy Star series the love it needs. It was an awesome series (albeit, some storylines were shabby), but frankly, Phantasy Star 4 (which is apparently getting a remake WOOO~!) is by far the most underappreciated RPG out there.

Earthbound for SNES has a huge cult following but the game doesn't get enough mainstream love.  Prolly cause the elitist RPG'ers hate it.

I'm an elitist and I loved the game. Just you beat me to mentioning it. Also, I could post up the same thing about Phantasy Star 4 (or the entire series) having a huge cult following, but the game (and series) also doesn't get the love it deserves too. It's just one of those things.