TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mole

Matrix Wednesday numbers...

From Zap2it.com

Already "Matrix Revolutions" is the third-highest Wednesday opening ever, just behind "Star Wars: Episode One -- The Phantom Menace" at $28.5 mil and "Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers" at $26.2 mil, so expect this $24 mil opening day earlier this week to parlay into a pretty big weekend despite the poor reviews for the third part of this trilogy.

Bottom line: people want to see what happens to Trinity and Neo and this answers the cliffhanger that the "Reloaded" movie ended with, and left so many people unsatisfied. The Thursday one-day opening of $42.5 mil earlier this year (in May) -- behind the "Spider-Man" one-day records -- led "Reloaded" to the second best opening weekend of all time at $91.7 million. Expect some of the edge to be taken off, but it will be a healthy winner for the weekend for sure.

Guest Choken One

I haven't seen ANY ads for the movie at all...not ONE fucking one.

Compare that to when the last one came out and people treated it like it was christmas and just like I expected, Reloaded turned out to the be the Green shitty sweater from Granny.

btw, Mole, is the 'In America it's a joke' shirt in your sig available in black, too?

No, that is one bad thing about it. Everything is in white. Sorry bro, you should buy it anyway.... :D

I'll go see it, I'm sure everyone will, but after 2, maybe 3, good weeks of business, this thing will fall and fall sharply.

Guest Choken One

With stuff like Nemo and the Black movie...who can tell what will be the big mega hit these days.

Cat in the Hat could do what Nemo did to Reloaded. Granted, I doubt that would be much, but it could skim a few mil.

I don't know what to think about M&C. Has that been on the shelf for a while or did they just start previews early? Because I remember seeing a preview for that on Catch Me If You Can. That has me thinking this movie is not going to be anything special.

I don't know what to think about M&C. Has that been on the shelf for a while or did they just start previews early? Because I remember seeing a preview for that on Catch Me If You Can. That has me thinking this movie is not going to be anything special.

They were originally going to release it in June, but when it started getting Oscar buzz they switched it to November in order to have a better chance.

Guest Frank The Tank

I want to see Revolutions, but the reviews I have read haven't really been good and I'm not in a mood to see a really slow paced chatty movie right now. I'll be skipping this and seeing Elf instead.

Guest Agent of Oblivion
I'm not in a mood to see a really slow paced chatty movie right now

Good, because it's the exact opposite of that.

Guest Frank The Tank
I'm not in a mood to see a really slow paced chatty movie right now

Good, because it's the exact opposite of that.

Really, based on the reviews everyone said it was exactly like Reloaded and that's how I found Reloaded.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

There's combat galore in this movie. If anything, the dialogue is what's lacking.