TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Masked Man of Mystery

XPW Exit the Sandman

I just wanted to warn folks who don't own this to avoid it unless you really want a Sharkboy, Jerry Lynn, or Juvi match(Lynn and Juvi are in a bonus match on the dvd, but apparently not on the tape of the same show). The wrestling otherwise is pretty darn sucky. Is XPW usually this bad?

Yeah, for XPW the shows before Exit Sandman (Fall Out, Hostile Takeover, BIB3, LOD) were some of the best XPW shows ever. All the shows after ES looked pretty good as well.

I'm sure Barber will give everyone a rant on this once he sees this topic... and won't that be fun?

How is XPW doing these days? I really don't know much about the thing. I just knew the DVD had Sharkboy and a few guys I remember from my ECW Wrestlepalooza '97 DVD. I think those guys are fine for what they are, but they seem to be stuck with some people like that clown who was at the Sandman thing(by the way, that scene tops anything from Vinnie/Steph that I saw as far as bad family feuds go) who just plain out suck and don't belong in a fed like that, let alone being televised when there are some people there who are clearly better.

Dead.

And Exit Sandman and Lizzy Borden XXXposed (which I am looking for all the time) are the only DVD's I don't have.

Uh, Spike, we've got all the XPW DVD's at work.

In case you didn't know the site, www.wrestlingsuperstore.com

Cheap plug is now over.

Yeah, for XPW the shows before Exit Sandman (Fall Out, Hostile Takeover, BIB3, LOD) were some of the best XPW shows ever. All the shows after ES looked pretty good as well.

I'm sure Barber will give everyone a rant on this once he sees this topic... and won't that be fun?

Actually I had no intention to even post a response in this thread, until I saw your statement. No need for dumb assumptions.

The whole show was a clusterfuck. The morale backstage was at an all-time low. It was that show more than any other during the Philly run that killed them. The whole deal with the DM's ban took away a lot of the fun, but the three-way DM is seriously one of the stiffest matches of 2002, ROH included. Supreme makes Low Ki look like fuckin Lance Storm @ Barely Legal, stiffing the living HELL out of both guys.

That match made me cringe more than anything when they all fell off the scaffolding. It's weird though how all my wrestling DVDs have been of dead feds. FMW, ECW, and now XPW. Did anything ever come out of the deathmatch when HHA kissed Alter Boy Luke?

Actually I had no intention to even post a response in this thread, until I saw your statement. No need for dumb assumptions.

Wasn't really that dumb. You always seem to defend XPW every chance you get.

that's your gimmick right?

Wasn't really that dumb. You always seem to defend XPW every chance you get.

that's your gimmick right?

Granted - it was at a point. That's for sure. Not really anymore.

I'm an XPW fan, but this show was downright terrible.

Shark Boy vs Chetti was the best match on the dvd and it was like **1/4 maybe

But for someone to say, that XPW is "usually worse" is just stupid, because Exit Sandman was complete shit, and anyone that knows XPW knows that there are far better shows that that.

I would say get Hostile Takeover if you want to see what XPW was like on their best day. Mexico's Most Wanted vs. New Panthers is a very fun spotfest, and watching Juventud Guerrera mumble his way through a promo is always fun.

And the three-way match with Grimes, Luke, and Guido is one of the best triple-threats of 2002, U.S. indy, international, or WWE included.

It's so amazing to see how spectacular Brian XL can be when working with internationally acclaimed workers, rather than the untalented spot monkeys that he's normally forced to work with (Red and the SAT).

But for someone to say, that XPW is "usually worse" is just stupid, because Exit Sandman was complete shit, and anyone that knows XPW knows that there are far better shows that that.

you didn't like Jerry Lynn vs. Juvi? I thought that was the best match on the thing, easily, with the Sharkboy match second.

you didn't like Jerry Lynn vs. Juvi? I thought that was the best match on the thing, easily, with the Sharkboy match second.

Well, heres the thing, I bought the VHS copy at an XPW show, so I didn't get to see Lynn Vs Juvi, because it was from a different show, it was a bonus match on the DVD, I'm sure it was XPW's way of making up for a shitty show in Exit Sandman. It was probably good.

Guest Dynamite Kido

WOW, I've given XPW a chance and even went to a live event when they came to Pittsburgh.......XPW IS GOD AWFUL!!!!!

WOW, I've given XPW a chance and even went to a live event when they came to Pittsburgh.......XPW IS GOD AWFUL!!!!!

The Pitts. show is known for being bad. You might as well judge CZW on Havoc In Hellaware, with that logic.

funny, i head that there were 1200+ people at the show and many people thought it was awesome

Guest Dynamite Kido

The Pitts. show is known for being bad. You might as well judge CZW on Havoc In Hellaware, with that logic.

I've seen more than just that one show. I wasn't judging the product off just that. I was just solidifying my opinion by stating that I thought a live event would be worth checking out. So that is really the logic that I used.

Guest netslob

funny, i head that there were 1200+ people at the show and many people thought it was awesome

yeah, lord knows 1 out of 1200 people couldn't have liked the show...individual opinion...what's THAT!?!?