TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Renegade

Guilty Gear XX players...

I’ve had GGXX for a while now, and every couple of weeks I say that I will try and learn the game but I usually just pick it up, play for 15 minutes and switch back to something else. Since I’ve finished all my current PS2 games I’ve finally got some proper motivation to give the game another try. Problem is I am a rookie at this game, and have very little idea of what to do (being a very different engine to the 2D fighters I usually play). Could anybody help me with some faqs/strategies/character guides please?

Playing too many Capcom/SNK fighters rots your brain I tell you…

You'll never learn the game by yourself.

It takes months of being beaten repeatedly by people better than you. You slowly figure out things like execution of moves properly, how to move around on the screen without getting hit, etc. GGXX is rare in arcades, but maybe there is one near you. I recommend hitting it up.

You'll never learn the game by yourself.

It takes months of being beaten repeatedly by people better than you. You slowly figure out things like execution of moves properly, how to move around on the screen without getting hit, etc. GGXX is rare in arcades, but maybe there is one near you. I recommend hitting it up.

I have never seen it in any arcade, let alone the one near me. The one near me has CvsS2, Last blade 2, King of fighters 2000, Street fighter alpha 1, Street fighter 3 3rd strike and Mark of the wolves. As I said the fighters in my arcade are mainly Capcom/SNK fighters which is nothing like the GG style.

The combo system does remind me of ninja masters though...

Yeah, GameCombos would help. Sadly, I thought as much that there would be no GGXX machines. I know of the existence of about 3 in California, one of those I have seen with my own eyes.

Look on the bright side: Guilty Gear Isuka, the next GG, is almost a lock for Xbox Live.

Guest Kamui
Look on the bright side: Guilty Gear Isuka, the next GG, is almost a lock for Xbox Live.

Really? It's been announced for X-Box? That'd be sweet if it's true.

-Duo