TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest RVDmark

Apolo

Guest RVDmark

Just found this article posted on 411wrestling.com and it could be good news for TNA:

Apolo out of IWA?

It was reported that after the IWA:PR shows in Kissimee Florida, Apolo stayed in Florida and didnt return to Puerto Rico with the company. He seemed to have walked out on them due to problems with upper management. Apolo wrote an open letter to the fans in which he explained the reasons for his absence.

Apparently, Apolo's daughter, 6 years old, has been facing serious health problems for well over a year now. He has been trying to get some time off to be with his daughter, but the company had refuse to give him that time off. Apolo eventually got tired of asking and left. He says that more than likely he will stay in Florida. In the letter, he mentioned that he will try to buy his release from IWA:PR (He has 3 years left of contract) and wrestle in the US from now on. He thanks the Puerto Rican fans for everything they have done for him, and mentions that he is good friends with Shane, Ricky Banderas and most of the workers of IWA:PR and they dont have anything to do with his departure.

He tells the fans to keep supporting the product, cause the wrestlers and staff deserve the support. He says that Banderas, Shane and him got the company off the ground and turned it into the #1 promotion in Puerto Rico and that is how upper management rewarded him....by using him.

Personally, I feel Apolo has all the right in the world to do what he did. This is his side of the story and I know several wrestlers and staff visit 411mania...if any of them want to share their side of the story, I know the 411mania guys will give you the chance

Guest The Last Free Voice

I doubt he will be back in TNA. Didn't he drop Truth on his head when he was champ and stiff Jarrett real bad?

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Wasn't Apol(l)o going to be doing a Truth like gimmick, where he wasn't being given any big matches because of his nationality.

Wasn't Apol(l)o going to be doing a Truth like gimmick, where he wasn't being given any big matches because of his nationality.

That's pretty much Russo's idea for every minority...

Guest Salacious Crumb

I think he was a victim of the cutbacks. He wasn't too bad except for the messed up superkick during the Shamrock/Truth match.

Was russo even involved at this point. I don't think he was. I am not a fan of his but blaming him for everything is flat out stupid.

Was russo even involved at this point. I don't think he was. I am not a fan of his but blaming him for everything is flat out stupid.

A: It was a joke. Lighten up.

B: Russo has been involved since the 3rd or 4th week I believe...

A: Sorry, sarcasam is hard to detect on a computer sometimes.

B: I don't think that is correct, as he had some sort of WWE job for a week or so before signign w/TNA, and I think he came on later.