TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
nl5xsk1

Saturday's Oilers/Habs Legends game

The thing is, Molson Stadium's football capacity is smaller than the Bell Centre's hockey capacity, so unless they charge out the ass for tickets, they'd probably take a financial hit on it. They could probably add some temporary seats, but they wouldn't be able to match the attendance that Edmonton got.

They should rip the roof off the Big Owe and use that.

Then take the wrecking ball to it.

Having an outdoor game annually would ruin the mystique that was the outdoor game.

Imagine the Summit Series every year??? It wont be the same.

They should have out door games once in a blue moon, like every 20-30 years.

Having an outdoor game annually would ruin the mystique that was the outdoor game.

Imagine the Summit Series every year??? It wont be the same.

They should have out door games once in a blue moon, like every 20-30 years.

No. Annual or bi-annual. A Michigan Stadium game would be huge and they should do it. If anything it's a way for the Americans to win the pissing contest and have a bigger stadium game than the Canadians did.

If anything it's a way for the Americans to win the pissing contest and have a bigger stadium game than the Canadians did.

And that's what it is all about. Americans pissing off Canadians in the end, isn't it?

God, I hate stupidity like what you just said.

(Edit: :P no care really)

This should be a one time only thing. I doubt there's any place in the US of A that can get lucky to hold an outdoor game. Let alone a place that can do it annually.

If anything it's a way for the Americans to win the pissing contest and have a bigger stadium game than the Canadians did.

And that's what it is all about. Americans pissing off Canadians in the end, isn't it?

Sarcasm! I'm like one of the biggest "Keep the NHL in Canada" advocates around, going around proposing they support nine teams. If I was serious I would've substituted "Americans" for "us." But I didn't. So there.

I'd say give the Original Six teams with suitable facilities an outdoor game over the next few years. I just think we Americans who are big hockey fans, trying to be at the level of our Canadian breathren deserve an outdoor game of our own, and Ann Arbor is the best place to hold it.

As long as if they do another outdoor game that it involves two Original 6 teams...

'cause so help me, if I get Sharks v. Red Wings in Ann Arbor, I'm killing Bettman myself.

As long as if they do another outdoor game that it involves two Original 6 teams...

'cause so help me, if I get Sharks v. Red Wings in Ann Arbor, I'm killing Bettman myself.

I've been proposing Red Wings-Maple Leafs because of rivalry, proximity, and star power.

There's been talk of doing an outdoor game here in Ottawa next year to coincide with the Grey Cup. Of course, if the weather was anything like it is right now, they'd have trouble keeping the ice frozen.

Speaking as a basketball hater, how long until the NBA plays an outdoor game and gets 1000% more attention and publicity for it?

Sarcasm! I'm like one of the biggest "Keep the NHL in Canada" advocates around, going around proposing they support nine teams. If I was serious I would've substituted "Americans" for "us." But I didn't. So there.

I'd say give the Original Six teams with suitable facilities an outdoor game over the next few years. I just think we Americans who are big hockey fans, trying to be at the level of our Canadian breathren deserve an outdoor game of our own, and Ann Arbor is the best place to hold it.

And obviously you couldn't read how I added (Edit: :P no care really). Geez, silly TCR.

I knew you meant sarcasm, but I felt like pulling at ya a little. Lighten up okay?

Anyways, that said, I think Americans SHOULD get a game. But American only teams, no silly Canadian teams. Make it a special US thing. Like NYR vs. Detroit. Or NYR vs. Boston. Or even NYR vs. NYI.

But my only response, is that NYR is one of the two teams playing.

US teams that could/would support an outdoor game:

Detroit

Minnesota

Denver (Avs)

Boston

Philly

Most other cities are either too warm, or just don't support their teams enough to justify doing it. It'd be fucking embarressing to see an outdoor game with a ton of empty seats (NYR-NYI, I'm looking at you).

It'd be fucking embarressing to see an outdoor game with a ton of empty seats (NYR-NYI, I'm looking at you).

You have to be kidding me. I'd think it would draw anywhere (except the South) and especially in Central Park.

The two that I can think of as possibilities that I forgot on my list are St Louis (likely, and original 12 team with decent fan support) or Columbus (cold enough, and as an expansion team might have enough support.) But otherwise, I'm sticking by my statement.

Chicago can't even sell out the United Center, why would they want to play at a bigger place?

None of the NY teams sell out - only the proposed NYR-NYI game in Central Park would even come close to drawing. (Can you imagine the debacle of putting either the Sabres or Devils into the equation?)

Pittsburgh? Unlikely. Carolina? Too warm, too little support. Washington? Too little support. Too warm for: the California teams, the Florida teams, Dallas, Nashville, Atlanta, Phoenix.

I'm guessing I'm missing some team, but off the top of my head, I can't think of another US team that would or should try something like this.

Speaking as a basketball hater, how long until the NBA plays an outdoor game and gets 1000% more attention and publicity for it?

I was actually speaking to a friend about that 2 or 3 years ago and I was saying a Lakers-Clippers game at the LA Coliseum would be a great idea.

Man sometimes I'm an idiot.

Shaq throwing it down on Chris Kaman in front of tens of thousands of seats= BIG MONEY!