TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Renegade

PS2 online

I've been thinking of buying a PS2 network adapter and I could do with some advice here.

- So do I have to pay monthly charges or is it a one off?

- What games can I play online? Socom is the only game I can think of.

- Is Socom any good?

No fighting games, according to my thread about it, which is bullshit.

Oh, and a good game that is playable online is THUG.

Edited by Voltron

Guest Kamui

I had the original SOCOM and couldn't stand it, but to each their own, as I realize lots of people like that kind of military game (not for me).

I haven't played an online PS2 game in quite some time- last one I played reguarly was Tribes Aerial Assault, which was fun for like a month but got boring. However, next year looks REALLY promising, with Gran Turismo 4 AND Final Fantasy XI (if you want to shell out for the hard drive- I personally have no problems doing that, but there's a monthly fee for XI as well and I reailze the high cost might turn some people off), so I imagine my PS2 will be getting lots of online playtime then.

-Duo

Its from Sega and Red Entertainment so Japan. Not many details about the game except it will be online. There is a crappy trailer somewhere on the net.

Guest Kamui
Question, if I get my console chipped will that have an effect on the PS2's online function?

Yeah. Some companies put in a special feature so that they can detect mod chips and keep you from playing online if you have one (this is to block cheaters who use mod chips to, uh, cheat). So far, I believe the only games that use it are various EA Sports games, but don't quote me on that.