TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BorneAgain

The One and Only Smackdown Thread

I like the Circular Platform with the ring to the side look...

ditto! Oh, and the nor big black barrier wall O' doom...much better looking, looks more close & comfortable...

Guest Choken One
Nice to see Jericho/Rey just get pushed to the side for the T&A...or not.

You ARE aware of the target demo here right?

-A-Train can afford to cough up 10K? Speaking of Ks, SK thinks that it will start up another Benoit/A-Train feud and he seemed serious.

That was actually what first hit me when I saw the segment. A-Train would be upset that Benoit cost him 10k and then they'd get into it, which does work logically, but would piss off the fans and change the direction of the Brock/Beniot angle.

RRR made a GREAT point about A-Train respecting Benoit's skills and that's why he bet so much on him. However, since it wasn't outright STATED by A-Train, it CAN go either way, which is what I'm afraid of.

Dames

lol....Trish getting the pin on Victoria in a Jericho/Rey Mysterio Inter-promotional match, while she's supposed to be Jericho's love interest, and Victoria is also on Raw...major wtf-age.

Benoit didn't "lose" to Brock Lesnar. Brock Lesnar did not "beat" Chris Benoit. Brock Lesnar's intention in that match was to make Benoit tap. Brock Lesnar's intention in that match was to never tap again. He tapped to Benoit, he couldn't tap Benoit out. He "won" the match, but he did not "beat" Chris Benoit. Next week have Tazz interview Brock in the middle of the ring, have Brock brag about tapping out Benoit and have Tazz say "Brock, you may have won that match, but you did not tap out Chris Benoit. Chris Benoit never gave up." then have Brock go nuts. Benoit yelling in pain and then going completely silent was a nice touch. I would have liked to have seen a "no no" finger wave that slowly dies down, for the visual - but that's just me.

Brock Lesnar is the guy who has, thus far, been given everything. He's the spoiled rich kid (yeah, I know, grew up on the farm). He's physically gifted. He doesn't know defeat and he doesn't want to know it (yeah, I know, he's been beaten). Benoit is the poor lil rat from the wrong side of the tracks who was taken under the wing of one of the greatest wrestlers who ever lived (yeah, ok, dunno if he was poor and Stu Hart was legendary, but his status is debatable). He's worked his way up. He suffered. He paid the price. He knows the value of that championship. To Brock, the title belt is just another trophy. To Benoit, the title represents everything that he has worked for in his 17 years in the business. He has never been handed anything, and when he gets something - it gets snatched from him. But not now. He tapped out to Angle but he will never tap out again. Time is short and he needs to get it done NOW.

I'd like for next week, to have Albert look for benoit - "WHERES BENOIT!" he asks as he bullies around staff and wrestlers. Build it up as if he wants his money back. When he finally confronts a distraught Benoit, he stops and shakes his hand. Even though he lost 10, 000, the performance Benoit gave was priceless. To Albert - to the fans - Benoit never lost.

Guest Choken One
lol....Trish getting the pin on Victoria in a Jericho/Rey Mysterio Inter-promotional match, while she's supposed to be Jericho's love interest, and Victoria is also on Raw...major wtf-age.

well...Trish DID learn of Jericho's actions though the announcers failed to mention it.

Brock Lesnar is the guy who has, thus far, been given everything. He's the spoiled rich kid (yeah, I know, grew up on the farm). He's physically gifted. He doesn't know defeat and he doesn't want to know it (yeah, I know, he's been beaten). Benoit is the poor lil rat from the wrong side of the tracks who was taken under the wing of one of the greatest wrestlers who ever lived (yeah, ok, dunno if he was poor and Stu Hart was legendary, but his status is debatable). He's worked his way up. He suffered. He paid the price. He knows the value of that championship. To Brock, the title belt is just another trophy. To Benoit, the title represents everything that he has worked for in his 17 years in the business. He has never been handed anything, and when he gets something - it gets snatched from him. But not now. He tapped out to Angle but he will never tap out again. Time is short and he needs to get it done NOW.

THAT should be Benoit's next promo!

Put it on PPV and give it another 10 minutes, and THAT is your 2003 match of the year.

No way. Jericho/Michaels > this.

Actually it's Benoit/Angle>Jericho/Michales>This.

Guest Choken One
I'd like for next week, to have Albert look for benoit - "WHERES BENOIT!" he asks as he bullies around staff and wrestlers. Build it up as if he wants his money back. When he finally confronts a distraught Benoit, he stops and shakes his hand. Even though he lost 10, 000, the performance Benoit gave was priceless. To Albert - to the fans - Benoit never lost.

I still want the Million Dollar Man A-Train.

I love it...I LOVE it.

Dames

Guest Choken One

Hey Dames...ANy chance we could get a SPECIAL exclusive Diatribe for tonight's show?

i'd love that.

I'd like for next week, to have Albert look for benoit - "WHERES BENOIT!" he asks as he bullies around staff and wrestlers.  Build it up as if he wants his money back.  When he finally confronts a distraught Benoit, he stops and shakes his hand.  Even though he lost 10, 000, the performance Benoit gave was priceless.  To Albert - to the fans - Benoit never lost.

Don't expect that.

They didn't do "Thousand Dollar Man" Jamie Noble when they had the chance...don't expect them to do this.

Guest Choken One
I'd like for next week, to have Albert look for benoit - "WHERES BENOIT!" he asks as he bullies around staff and wrestlers.  Build it up as if he wants his money back.  When he finally confronts a distraught Benoit, he stops and shakes his hand.  Even though he lost 10, 000, the performance Benoit gave was priceless.  To Albert - to the fans - Benoit never lost.

Don't expect that.

They didn't do "Thousand Dollar Man" Jamie Noble when they had the chance...don't expect them to do this.

A-Train=Hoss.

He'll get the damned push if they want to give him that.

I'd think that would be GOLD.

They really need a Millon Dollar Man gimmick again anyways.

Whichever next OVWer comes up...if he has ANY promo chops give him that role.

Hey Dames...ANy chance we could get a SPECIAL exclusive Diatribe for tonight's show?

i'd love that.

Sorry, tonight is JHawk's night. JHawk is a great recapper, don't hate. He's underrated.

Besides, I didn't tape the show.

Dames

Guest PowerPB13

You know, I WANT to believe they might actually put the belt on Benoit...but WWE has screwed with my favorites far, FAR too many times.

I'll believe it when it happens, and not a second sooner.

-Patrick

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
Benoit didn't "lose" to Brock Lesnar. Brock Lesnar did not "beat" Chris Benoit. Brock Lesnar's intention in that match was to make Benoit tap. Brock Lesnar's intention in that match was to never tap again. He tapped to Benoit, he couldn't tap Benoit out. He "won" the match, but he did not "beat" Chris Benoit. Next week have Tazz interview Brock in the middle of the ring, have Brock brag about tapping out Benoit and have Tazz say "Brock, you may have won that match, but you did not tap out Chris Benoit. Chris Benoit never gave up." then have Brock go nuts. Benoit yelling in pain and then going completely silent was a nice touch. I would have liked to have seen a "no no" finger wave that slowly dies down, for the visual - but that's just me.

It's just too bad he needed the Big Show's help to get to the match... and he still couldn't beat Brock.

Benoit = Luger 2.0

Guest Choken One

BUT HE DIDN'T LOSE TO BROCK!

The sell and intention of Lesnar was to make Benoit tap and he never did.

I'm not feelin the love for Cena's sell-job. More love. Love that shit down.

"Smack your TV" started tonight... good lord.

Cole and Tazz were a lil bit annoying. They should have been sucking on Benoit a lot harder than they were ;)

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
Benoit didn't "lose" to Brock Lesnar.  Brock Lesnar did not "beat" Chris Benoit.  Brock Lesnar's intention in that match was to make Benoit tap.  Brock Lesnar's intention in that match was to never tap again.  He tapped to Benoit, he couldn't tap Benoit out.  He "won" the match, but he did not "beat" Chris Benoit.  Next week have Tazz interview Brock in the middle of the ring, have Brock brag about tapping out Benoit and have Tazz say "Brock, you may have won that match, but you did not tap out Chris Benoit.  Chris Benoit never gave up." then have Brock go nuts.  Benoit yelling in pain and then going completely silent was a nice touch.  I would have liked to have seen a "no no" finger wave that slowly dies down, for the visual - but that's just me. 

Brock Lesnar is the guy who has, thus far, been given everything.  He's the spoiled rich kid (yeah, I know, grew up on the farm).  He's physically gifted.  He doesn't know defeat and he doesn't want to know it (yeah, I know, he's been beaten).  Benoit is the poor lil rat from the wrong side of the tracks who was taken under the wing of one of the greatest wrestlers who ever lived (yeah, ok, dunno if he was poor and Stu Hart was legendary, but his status is debatable).  He's worked his way up.  He suffered.  He paid the price.  He knows the value of that championship.  To Brock, the title belt is just another trophy.  To Benoit, the title represents everything that he has worked for in his 17 years in the business.  He has never been handed anything, and when he gets something - it gets snatched from him.  But not now.  He tapped out to Angle but he will never tap out again.  Time is short and he needs to get it done NOW.

Wow....that made me believe in Benoit 100x more.

RavishingRickRudo = my Favorite poster of the day.

Guest wildpegasus

I loved the match between Benoit and Lesnar but what I like even more is the potential between the two. You could tell they still have stuff left in reserve for future matches. Someone's got to go to the house shows and tape every single match they have.

Looks like they're setting up for the "I quit" match at the Rumble. For match quality I'd prefer a straight match with more time but I can still see this being great.

One of my favourite parts of the show was A-Train betting on Benoit agaisnt his buddy Lesnar. A real nice touch which really helped put Benoit over as the guy to beat.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
BUT HE DIDN'T LOSE TO BROCK!

The sell and intention of Lesnar was to make Benoit tap and he never did.

Be he didn't beat Brock. You have to WIN to get the belt.

If he wanted it so bad he would've WON... not passed out. Hogan didn't fucking pass out in the Camel Clutch. He broke out of that shit like a MAN.

Hey maybe at RR... Benoit can win by count out and all the faces can rush out and carry him on their shoulders and we can all weep tears of reverant joy that Benoit didn't choke quite as bad as he usually does.