TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
iliketurtles

Rock's new entrance.

Yes...I was able to see the helicopter entrance @ Backlash (not the full, FULL No Way Out version)...it's a thing of magnificance.

This was WM. IT was the Full FULL entrance, just like No Way Out but without the quip after the music starts, and I think it works better that way anyhow.

Since my tape just HAD to pick last night to fuck up, is there anywhere I can get a video of the appearance? I don't mean a tape, just a clip of it, as I didn't see Raw at all last night and I could care less about the rest of it.

Here. Me > Eagan

Yes...I was able to see the helicopter entrance @ Backlash (not the full, FULL No Way Out version)...it's a thing of magnificance.

This was WM. IT was the Full FULL entrance, just like No Way Out but without the quip after the music starts, and I think it works better that way anyhow.

No Way Out 2003 Version was 54 seconds or something like that.

Mania/Backlash were about 30 seconds.

His regular TV apperances on Raw was about 10 seconds.

Trust me on this...I have all 3 DVDs.

Then how come the music fit perfectly?

The only thing I remember missing was the LOOKATTHETONGUELOOKATTHETONGUE and like I said earlier, I thought that was kind of a blemish on the whole presentation.

Kind of simple...take a listen to the No Way Out 2003 version he used, and then listen to the Mania. All they do is cut off the first 15 seconds or so of his No Way Out version (for TV time constriants I guess)...and just use his theme like regular from there. They cut it down even more for his TV apperances.

The No Way Out version also had, as you said, the longer quote with the LOOKATTHETONGUE thing, and I think he also laughs during it too. They took that out because, well, yeah. "...is cookin'" sounds better, and it flows better with the song. He only used that longer quote once, and then started using "...is cookin'." the night after on Raw.

Hope that explains it.

Since my tape just HAD to pick last night to fuck up, is there anywhere I can get a video of the appearance? I don't mean a tape, just a clip of it, as I didn't see Raw at all last night and I could care less about the rest of it.

Here. Me > Eagan

Thanks dude.

(builds small shrine in Hollywood Fashion Plate's honor)

EDIT: Good LORD what a pop.

Edited by Mr. McFeely

The surprise was pretty spiffy. And the new music was just the same song with the helicopter portion chopped. I liked the whole copter sequence but I knew it would get cut damn fast.

Either way, it was a nice surprise, despite the fact I doubt we'll see him again for several months except for maybe at the Rumble.