TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Red Baron

Little Help With Emulators

Zsnes is really the ONLY Way to go IMO for SNES emulation. It can play 99% of the games damn near pefectly.

I've never been able to find too great of a NES emulator, so I can't judge much in that area.

Snes9x is the best. I've never liked Zsnes and you can use your 3D card to make the games look better on the Snes9x too.

FCE Ultra is the best NES Emulator in my opinion because you can actually use a good 3D card to smooth up the picture on that too when you do full screen. Plus it runs most games.

I'll second the FCE Ultra recommendation - it has the best compatibility of all of the emulators I've used.

I've got to suggest using ZSNES, just because of the emulation accuracy. Both emulators are excellent, but ZSNES just seems to emulate sounds more faithfully on certain games (Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy VI, for example).

FCE Ultra rocks hard.

As for Super NES, d/l 9x AND Zsnes and find which works better on your machine. On my old HP, it was 9x all the way, but Z runs better on my new one. Fiddle with settings and what have you.

Guest Abner

Zophar.net

SNES - I use SNES9x. ZSNES used to have better compatibility, but SNES9x has caught up in those regards.

NES - FCE Ultra Win or NNNesterJ

Genesis/32x/Sega CD - Gens

Gameboy / Gameboy Advance - VisualBoy Advance

Master System / Game Gear - FreezeSMS

PSX - VGS 1.41 w/ patches (or if you have a good machine) ePSXe

Nintendo 64 - Corn (or if you have a good machine) Project 64

Arcade - MAME32 0.77