TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

The Official College Football Bowl Thread

Yeah fuck you. Let's just write two very good teams off because some biased writer didn't vote for them while a computer with a very specific unbias formula decided who deserves to be there. Those commentators can kiss my ass.

BWAHAHAHAHA. The formula may be a lot of things, but unbiased isn't one of them:

- Including the writers' and coaches' polls introduces human bias.

- Including the computer polls introduces the bias of each programmer's idea of what constitutes a good football team.

- Including strength of schedule is incredibly biased against the smaller conference teams who can never play a good enough schedule to make it into the BCS top 6.

The only unbiased (or least biased) solution is to implement a playoff and let the best teams settle it on the field.

And then there will be a controversy that the teams chosen for the playoffs aren't deserving. And who belongs there.

I'm just waiting for the people to say after the Sugar Bowl "Well here's OU/LSU......THEY AREN'T THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! FUCK BOTH THESE TEAMS! LET ME SUCK USC'S COCK SOME MORE!"

"And no it won't just be LSU and OU fans."

Yes...it...will...

The #1 team played today.

They won.

The #1 team in the eyes of a bunch of biased coaches and writers.

There's still the chance that the coach's will break their agreement with the BCS and vote for USC you know...

Wouldn't it be funny if the game on Sunday actually ended up meaning nothing?

Ummm........no...........the coaches can't vote for #1. The #1 spot on the ballot isn't there on the final ballot........they don't have a choice.

But the Sugar Bowl winner is going down in the books.

And so is USC. That's the "co" in co-national champions.

As for Keith, he's a Pac 10 announcer. It doesn't surprise me a bit that he'd favour USC some in his commentary. I didn't get all the "OMG USC R00LZ OU DR00LZ" in the commentary that you picked up, though.

But the Sugar Bowl winner is going down in the books.

And so is USC. That's the "co" in co-national champions.

As for Keith, he's a Pac 10 announcer. It doesn't surprise me a bit that he'd favour USC some in his commentary. I didn't get all the "OMG USC R00LZ OU DR00LZ" in the commentary that you picked up, though.

It wasn't just OU drools. He was taking shots at Michigan and then he was just basically writing off both OU and LSU as if they were both bottom ranked teams.

Now I'm getting pissed for LSU fans. Everyone's writing them off in the process of writing off the Sugar Bowl.

Yeah fuck you. Let's just write two very good teams off because some biased writer didn't vote for them while a computer with a very specific unbias formula decided who deserves to be there. Those commentators can kiss my ass.

BWAHAHAHAHA. The formula may be a lot of things, but unbiased isn't one of them:

- Including the writers' and coaches' polls introduces human bias.

- Including the computer polls introduces the bias of each programmer's idea of what constitutes a good football team.

- Including strength of schedule is incredibly biased against the smaller conference teams who can never play a good enough schedule to make it into the BCS top 6.

The only unbiased (or least biased) solution is to implement a playoff and let the best teams settle it on the field.

And then there will be a controversy that the teams chosen for the playoffs aren't deserving. And who belongs there.

I'd rather there be an argument over who's #8 or who's #16 than who's #2. The #9 or #17 team wouldn't have nearly the beef that the #3 team would (DOES, this year and 3 of the past 4). The controversy would be non-existant.

I love how they always say "Bobby Bowden: The Division I-A coach with the most victories," yet they never say "Phillip Fulmer: Division I-A's winningest coach with an .850 winning percentage over the last 10+ years."

I think USC is #2 behind whoever wins the Sugar Bowl, to be dead honest. OU and LSU is like Rocky/Drago from Rocky IV now (for those keeping score, Drago is OU) after all the hype and shit-talking, and I really feel the winner of that game will be the best in the country.

The people's national title huh?

Well I'm a person and I'm recognizing the winner of the LSU/OU game the national champion. Man people are going to sound stupid in commentary if they're going

"Well OU/LSU isn't really the national champion. USC is!"

When we do 2004 Sports Year in Review

"And we saw our 2004 National Champions crowned! USC! Oh? OU/LSU? Yeah they supposedly won the title...."

I mean come on LSU fans. Aren't you pissed your team is getting written off by everyone here?

I love how they always say "Bobby Bowden: The Division I-A coach with the most victories," yet they never say "Phillip Fulmer: Division I-A's winningest coach with an .850 winning percentage over the last 10+ years."

I think USC is #2 behind whoever wins the Sugar Bowl, to be dead honest. OU and LSU is like Rocky/Drago from Rocky IV now (for those keeping score, Drago is OU) after all the hype and shit-talking, and I really feel the winner of that game will be the best in the country.

Why is OU Drago? Because they're a fucking monster? I kind of like OU being the heels in this.......dammit........the heel loses in the end.......unless they're playing the HHH card.

Why is OU Drago? Because they're a fucking monster? I kind of like OU being the heels in this.......dammit........the heel loses in the end.......unless they're playing the HHH card.

OU just had that juggernaut image about them, you know? LSU seems like the home-fried underdog.

OU just had that juggernaut image about them, you know? LSU seems like the home-fried underdog.

Yeah that's funny because both teams believe themselves to be the underdog going into this......can you have a game with 2 underdogs?

Yep.

If it had been a Michigan blowout, I wouldn't have put it past the writers to elevate Michigan to #1.

Which, as a die-hard fan of the maize and blue, would have made me absolutely sick. There is no way this team, which lost both a downer to Oregon and a stinker to Iowa, and then almost got beat by Minnesota, deserves even a sniff of the national championship as long as there are still other top 5 teams with 1 loss. It would have been rewarding a team who underachieved greatly (Michigan should have gone undefeated with the lineup they fielded this year) so that the writers could play politics.

Guest I'm That Damn Zzzzz
Orange Bowl halftime show is hella weak.

Hasn't it always been weak?

It is unfortunate for LSU that the bcs screwed them out of a game with the #1 team.

It's supposed to be #1 vs. #2...instead the best LSU can do is play the #3 team.

The BCS did what it was supposed to do. Have 1 vs 2 in the BCS play.

It's great that Bowden pretty much settled for a FG from 39 yards out.

How many god damn times does he HAVE to miss possible game winning field goals vs Miami before HE STOPS TRYING THEM.

Then again, Chris Rix looked like pure crap again.

Pathetic, he could be an amazing quarterback if he could pull his head out of his ass in the games vs Miami.