TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

The Official College Football Bowl Thread

If you start cheering for the Ottawa Senators, I'm going to have to kill you.

I watch hockey casually. I don't really know much about any of the teams so I don't root.

Actually Dama, whether you like it or not this makes OU look bad. KState WAS the best team OU played this year according to the ratings.

And the fluke argument won't work as far as the polls go. Besides, 35-7 isn't a fluke score. 34-31 in 3 OT is a flukie score, not 35-7.

And no, that wasn't flamebaiting. ;)

Actually Stoops made a good argument. This wouldn't be fair to the teams that go undefeated. What if Miami had to play an extra game in 2001? That's not right.

Basically it's what we have and we're going to have to accept it, it wouldn't be fair to the kids to have to add another game or a few more weeks for playoffs. And it'd cut into school as it is. These are just kids that are in school. This isn't the NFL.

Oh and it still makes it look like OU was just playing shitty that night. Basing there loss in that game off the rest of the season and comparing it to the rest of the season it does look like a fluke. It does look like OU didn't play like OU.

Now if they go out there on Sunday and get trounced soundly by LSU then yes.....they were overrated, yes they are the #3 team in the country, and no they aren't as good as LSU and USC.

That's if they lose.

Considering that OU was averaging 35 points more then their opponents per victory, I'd call that loss a fluke when looking at their season(They fucking beat #5 Texas 65-13 IIRC...). You don't do that and then turn around and lose a game just because the other team was "better", it was a fluke plain and simple.

Actually Stoops made a good argument. This wouldn't be fair to the teams that go undefeated. What if Miami had to play an extra game in 2001? That's not right.

Basically it's what we have and we're going to have to accept it, it wouldn't be fair to the kids to have to add another game or a few more weeks for playoffs. And it'd cut into school as it is. These are just kids that are in school. This isn't the NFL.

Bullshit.

Division II does it, just cut off two or three of the damn cupcake games every team schedules and play the playoff before the Christmas break.

It's a bs argument and I'm tired of it.

Basically it's what we have and we're going to have to accept it, it wouldn't be fair to the kids to have to add another game or a few more weeks for playoffs. And it'd cut into school as it is.  These are just kids that are in school. This isn't the NFL.

Bullshit.

Division II does it, just cut off two or three of the damn cupcake games every team schedules and play the playoff before the Christmas break.

But they aren't going to do that. Looking at the system they have now they'd have to completely overhaul it to do that. And NOBODY is going to do that. Yes it can be done. But looking at the system they have now, which is what Stoops was doing, it can't be done.

And that is why Div I College Football is viewed as a joke and will remain viewed as a joke by many in the sports world.

I'm a huge College fan and even I say that College Football is now a joke.

Basically it's what we have and we're going to have to accept it, it wouldn't be fair to the kids to have to add another game or a few more weeks for playoffs. And it'd cut into school as it is.  These are just kids that are in school. This isn't the NFL.

Bullshit.

Also if they did that, they'd piss off the "cupcake" teams as it most likely helps them get bigger gates, thus more revenue for the schools.

And that is why Div I College Football is viewed as a joke and will remain viewed as a joke by many in the sports world.

I'm a huge College fan and even I say that College Football is now a joke.

Yeah I'm a huge WWE fan and I can say wrestling is a joke now to.

But you know what? I still like it and I still watch it.

That's pretty much it. I like College Football and yes the system sucks ass. But I cannot do a damn thing to change it. And I enjoy the game to much to just say "I hate this system...it's a joke...I quit."

Oh God, here we go. CAN WE GO ONE GAME WITHOUT DAMA SPOUTING CRAP ABOUT OU.

No...no we can't. I'm looking forward to him bitching about it during the Humanitarian Bowl tommorrow.

Bullshit.

But they aren't going to do that. Looking at the system they have now they'd have to completely overhaul it to do that. And NOBODY is going to do that. Yes it can be done. But looking at the system they have now, which is what Stoops was doing, it can't be done.

But they don't have to completely overhaul it.

Use the BCS system to seed a 16 or 32 team playoff.

If you must use the antiquated bowl system, then make each playoff game represent a bowl game.

What's so difficult about that?

No...no we can't. I'm looking forward to him bitching about it during the Humanitarian Bowl tommorrow.

Thank you for that wonderful flamebaiting. That was something that was brought up a few pages ago and now you have to bring it up again and make a snide comment in the process. Asshole.

Anyways....another TD by K-State. They're definetly in this game.

Gee...I wonder why. You guys ask for it by egging him on so if ya don't want to have him talk about OU then don't fucking egg him on. Morons

Bullshit.

But they don't have to completely overhaul it.

Use the BCS system to seed a 16 or 32 team playoff.

If you must use the antiquated bowl system, then make each playoff game represent a bowl game.

What's so difficult about that?

It's not difficult at all. The difficult thing is getting the greedy guys in power to change the system.

Gee...I wonder why. You guys ask for it by egging him on so if ya don't want to have him talk about OU then don't fucking egg him on. Morons

Thank you Harley. I knew I wasn't the only one that saw the flamebaiting.

Yes I talk about other things besides OU. But when it comes to college football and someone is talking about OU I will talk about them and defend them. I doubt I'd bring anything up during another bowl unless the announcers are going on bashing OU again and then a bunch of guys jump on here and are like "There's the real national champions! Not OU! OU sucks! WHOOO! Here that Dama!?"

That'd be really hard on the students if it were to take place over Xmas break. That's 6 games, assuming a team goes from the 1st round to the Championship in roughly a 2 week span. Not to mention Xmas and New Year holidays, etc.

Texas lost to Wazu( a team USC trounced ;) ) and won't be in the top 10 anymore so yes, KSTATE is the best team OU has played.

Umm.......no. We're talking about at the time it happened. Texas was the best team IN THE SEASON that OU played. What happens in the post season isn't really a factor.

By the way....Wazzu was really the only good team USC played. Meanwhile OU played 3-4 good teams. Hmm........

Although if Ohio State beats KState, wouldn't that also knock KState out of the Top 10?

Pretty much. So then the point would stand that Texas was the best team that OU played this season.

And K-State let them score again. Now they need 2 more touchdowns to catch up. They can do it...but they'd better get one of those before this quarter ends.

TD Ohio State!

Now KSU needs 3 TD's in the 4th Quarter to tie OSU.

Oh and on the "K-State losing makes OU look bad." It doesn't hold much water since KSU lost to Texas and Oklahoma State. Two teams that OU embarassed.

Oh and on the "K-State losing makes OU look bad." It doesn't hold much water since KSU lost to Texas and Oklahoma State. Two teams that OU embarassed.

Or maybe the Big XII has had a down year. 1-5 now in bowls after tonight. No one took Texas seriously all year and everyone had their doubts about them and they showed it in the Holiday Bowl that they aren't an elite team. Oklahoma State was okay this year but by no means a great team.