TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MillenniumMan831

Favorite / Least Favorite Dusty Finishes

In honor of Dusty Rhodes being in Legends of Wrestling: Showdown in April, I've decided to start a Dusty Finish thread.

List your favorite/least favorite Dusty Finishes here.

FAVORITE --- WWF, 1995, Action Zone, IC Title Match --- Jeff Jarrett defending against Bob "Sparkplug" Holly. IIRC, Jarrett retains with his feet on the ropes. However, another ref lets the original ref know what happened. So, the match is restarted. Holly then hits a dropkick for the 3-Counbt despite JJ having his foot on the ropes. Holly doesn't stick around. He leaves with the strap. We go to a commercial break and in the final segment, Holly and JJ are seen arguing backstage when the One and Only Raymond Rougeau lets the 2 know that Jack Tunney has ordered a rematch for the vacant belt NEXT WEEK on Action Zone. I didn't see the rematch, but I know that JJ got the duke.

LEAST FAVORITE --- Bah, I'll let you guy list them because my fraile and weak brain can't come up with any good ones.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
In honor of Dusty Rhodes being in Legends of Wrestling: Showdown in April, I've decided to start a Dusty Finish thread.

FAVORITE --- WWF, 1995, Action Zone, IC Title Match --- Jeff Jarrett defending against Bob "Sparkplug" Holly. IIRC, Jarrett retains with his feet on the ropes. However, another ref lets the original ref know what happened. So, the match is restarted. Holly then hits a dropkick for the 3-Counbt despite JJ having his foot on the ropes. Holly doesn't stick around. He leaves with the strap. We go to a commercial break and in the final segment, Holly and JJ are seen arguing backstage when the One and Only Raymond Rougeau lets the 2 know that Jack Tunney has ordered a rematch for the vacant belt NEXT WEEK on Action Zone. I didn't see the rematch, but I know that JJ got the duke.

LEAST FAVORITE --- Bah, I'll let you guy list them because my fraile and weak brain can't come up with any good ones.

Ironically enough, they played that same angle a year earlier, but without any significant meaning.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
Is there such a thing as a "good" Dusty finish?

Maybe Least Insulting to my Mentality, but nothing good.

FAVORITE --- WWF, 1995, Action Zone, IC Title Match --- Jeff Jarrett defending against Bob "Sparkplug" Holly.  IIRC, Jarrett retains with his feet on the ropes.  However, another ref lets the original ref know what happened.  So, the match is restarted.  Holly then hits a dropkick for the 3-Counbt despite JJ having his foot on the ropes.  Holly doesn't stick around.  He leaves with the strap.  We go to a commercial break and in the final segment, Holly and JJ are seen arguing backstage when the One and Only Raymond Rougeau lets the 2 know that Jack Tunney has ordered a rematch for the vacant belt NEXT WEEK on Action Zone.  I didn't see the rematch, but I know that JJ got the duke.

Ironically enough, they played that same angle a year earlier, but without any significant meaning.

Really? I know they did the same thing on Raw in 1996 with Goldust/Savio Vega, but nothing in 1994. Of course, I kinda fell out of wrestling from late 1993-late 1994.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

FAVORITE --- WWF, 1995, Action Zone, IC Title Match --- Jeff Jarrett defending against Bob "Sparkplug" Holly.  IIRC, Jarrett retains with his feet on the ropes.  However, another ref lets the original ref know what happened.  So, the match is restarted.  Holly then hits a dropkick for the 3-Counbt despite JJ having his foot on the ropes.  Holly doesn't stick around.  He leaves with the strap.  We go to a commercial break and in the final segment, Holly and JJ are seen arguing backstage when the One and Only Raymond Rougeau lets the 2 know that Jack Tunney has ordered a rematch for the vacant belt NEXT WEEK on Action Zone.  I didn't see the rematch, but I know that JJ got the duke.

Really? I know they did the same thing on Raw in 1996 with Goldust/Savio Vega, but nothing in 1994. Of course, I kinda fell out of wrestling from late 1993-late 1994.

I think it was to push a House Show feud with Doink, but it's been too lnog to really remember.

Did Hollys title win officially count when he "beat JArrett" in 1995?

I remember a superstars in 95 with Ramon/Vega vs Hart/Yokozuna for the tag titles and they went off air when Razor had owen up for the razor's edge and for 1 week i was sure there were new tag champs.

I think it was to push a House Show feud with Doink, but it's been too lnog to really remember.

Did Hollys title win officially count when he "beat JArrett" in 1995?

I really don't know, but I know for sure that the title was held up. I remember Holly leaving with the belt over his shoulder as JJ was in the ring bellyhooing to anyone who'd listen. The next segment went something like:

Rougeau: I've just gotten word from Jack Tunney the following . . . Bob Holly . . . you are not the I-C Champion.

JJ: Ah ha, give the belt back to the champ.

Rougeau: Wait a minute . . . Jeff Jarrett . . . you are not the I-C Champ either. In fact, Jack Tunney has ordered a rematch NEXT WEEK on Action Zone for the vacant I-C Title.

(Fade to black)

The only reason I remember it as well as I do is because I had it on tape up until a few years ago.

Favourite was Jericho/HHH. Least favourite...didn't see it until after the fact, but the Bockwinkel/Hogan Dusty finish at Super Sunday was ultra-lame.

What was the finish to Hogan Bockwinkel?

Guest Boo_Bradley

Flair/Luger GAB 88 wasn't a Dusty Finish

Ref stopped the match due to blood, Luger just happened to be using his finisher at the time.

If we count matches like this, the list will include about 5658 more bouts....

Favorite: The Fantastics appear to win the US Tag Team Titles from The Midnight Express at Clash of the Champions I, but Bobby Fulton had tossed the original referee over the top rope prior to the finish.

Least favorite: Johnny B. Badd-Steve Austin from Clash XXVII. They never did say what the official decision was until Austin just happened to show up with the belt on TV that weekend.

Does anybody else recall a similar Dusty finish over the IC Title in 1993? I seem to remember a TV taping where they did a similar angle to the Jarrett-Holly match with Curt Hennig and Shawn Michaels. The match never aired on TV and I don't think the fans in attendance know why the title change didn't count to this day.

Least favorite: Johnny B. Badd-Steve Austin from Clash XXVII. They never did say what the official decision was until Austin just happened to show up with the belt on TV that weekend.

Does anybody else recall a similar Dusty finish over the IC Title in 1993? I seem to remember a TV taping where they did a similar angle to the Jarrett-Holly match with Curt Hennig and Shawn Michaels. The match never aired on TV and I don't think the fans in attendance know why the title change didn't count to this day.

Totally agree with the Badd/Austin one. That's just sloppy.

Can't help ya with the 1993 "Title switch" though.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Anyone remember the dumb finish between Savio Vega/Goldust from Spring 1996 over the IC Title? I know Savio won, but the title was held up the next week.