TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
David Blazenwing

WWF 1999 VHS Question

I started watching WWF/E in March 2002 (the day after WrestleMania X8, actually), and as thus, I never got to see the attitude era of the company. I've been renting at my local Blockbuster, who has all the 1999 PPVs except Armageddon 99 and Over The Edge 99. Now, the guy said they had sold the Armageddon tape a while back, but they didn't ever have the Over The Edge 99 tape.

What I'm wondering is... did they even release OTE 99? I know it's the PPV that Owen Hart died because of... that's why I'm thinking they may have never even released it. Comments? Did they or didn't they?

Also, when did WWF start releasing EVERY PPV on DVD? I can't seem to find any on DVD but the big five pre-dating 2001... is that when they started?

Guest drdrainoscott

No, they never released Over the Edge, for the very reason that you stated, that it was the PPV that Owen died.

Guest theoldxpac

Nope, they never realesed it, but you can find it from most tape dealers who have the ppv version.

They started releasing every ppv from WrestleMania 17 on. Before that you can find mainly the big 5 from 2000, WrestleMania 15, SummerSlam 1999, and Royal Rumble 2001.

It was never released anywhere. Although you can buy fakes all over the world. No matter what anyone tells you, the WWE has never released OTE 99 anywhere. The Malaysia version is just one of the better known bs copies thanks to ebay.