TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ChrisMWaters

Morbid Topic: Bigger Post-Death Tribute...

OK, judging by watching that tribute video from Best of Raw 2003 about those who passed on this past year, I had to wonder...

Which of these two would get the bigger post-death tribute:

Terry "Hulk Hogan" Bollea

OR

Steve Williams AKA "Stone Cold" Steve Austin?

That being said...they'd both be tiny compared to HHH's

Sadly, yes.

Because you know by the time Helmsley dies, he'll be owner of WWE.

Though I'm sure that he'd at least give Ric Flair a good post-death tribute if Flair passed while he was in charge.

They are, without argument (from a sane person anyway) the two most important wrestlers in the history of the WWE.

I know that isn't the point of this topic, but Bruno Sammartino was WAY more important than Hogan and Austin combined. Without Bruno, the WWWF would have collapsed by the end of 1965. He carried them on his back until Vince Jr. bought it.

They are, without argument (from a sane person anyway) the two most important wrestlers in the history of the WWE.

I know that isn't the point of this topic, but Bruno Sammartino was WAY more important than Hogan and Austin combined. Without Bruno, the WWWF would have collapsed by the end of 1965. He carried them on his back until Vince Jr. bought it.

Very true.

I would HOPE that when Bruno passes on, they give him a good tribute...along the lines of the one they gave Blassie, if not better.

Very true.

I would HOPE that when Bruno passes on, they give him a good tribute...along the lines of the one they gave Blassie, if not better.

Agreed.

But on topic, I think Hogan would get a bigger tribute. Probably an entire Raw/SD dedicated to him.

I don't think the WWWF would have gone out of business without Bruno.

They still owned the NorthEast territory with no competition with or without him.

It's the equivelent of Flair carring the NWA on his back while Hogan's WWF grew into a huge company.

They still owned the NorthEast territory with no competition with or without him.

It's the equivelent of Flair carring the NWA on his back while Hogan's WWF grew into a huge company.

But the 1980s NWA had lots more than just Flair: Magnum TA, Dusty Rhodes, Harley Race, etc. etc. Bruno was almost the ONLY attraction.

But the 1980s NWA had lots more than just Flair: Magnum TA, Dusty Rhodes, Harley Race, etc. etc. Bruno was almost the ONLY attraction.

You're saying Moolah in the 60s wasn't an attraction? ^^;;;;

You're saying Moolah in the 60s wasn't an attraction? ^^;;;;

Yes, Bruno carried the (W)WW(F)E throughout the 60s-70s, but let's face it, aside from historians and historically-minded smarks,

Who gives a shit?

To everyone else he's some old wrestler who was 'really good,' and that's about it.

How many attractions do you think they needed back then?

There wasn't 10 hours of TV to fill. Companies needed someone that people would pay to come and see.

In the 60s early 70s WWWF had Bruno, NWA had the territory deal with an old Thesz a young Race and guys like Gene Kiniski, Buddy Rogers and Dory Funk taking their turn around the country.