TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Edwin MacPhisto

Some FFX-2 questions...

Started a new topic because the last one had more than its share of unrelated jibba-jabba throughout and some hairy man dressed as Faye Valentine.

I just picked this up and have been playing for a good bit. Just moved into chapter 2, and here's my question: did I miss out on the chance to do all the extra stuff in chapter 1? I visited the Moonflow, Luca, Djose Temple, and Bikanel Desert, but didn't go anywhere else outside the hotspots. I didn't know going to Zanarkand would basically lock me out of any more exploration for the chapter. Will I have a chance to make up those places I didn't visit in that chapter, or do I just have to play the game again some other time to get 100%? I'm at something like 15% now.

Avoid spoilers, by the by, though I imagine that's assumed.

yes you probably missed some spheres, and chances to get another one.

Sorry. You'd be better off starting again, really. With a faq on hand honestly. I missed the alchemist my 2nd time thru. It's very easy to miss jobs if you don't know exactly what to do.

Bah. I've already logged 6 and a half hours. I'm not starting the whole game anew for that.

Oh well. It's a great game aside from the fact that you never know when you're going to lose certain opportunities. I've found that once I get into an area I don't have much trouble finding a job to do, but it's just that missing it when the game shunts you to another chapter. Boo on Square for not letting you stack up the missions and hit ones you've missed because of their odd game design.

Basically the rule of thimb is: Go everywhere, then hit the hotspots. With this strategy you should pick uyp pretty much all of the drrespheres, and do just fine on the last boss.

I did this (sans FAQ) and was even able to pick up the Iron Duke. (Ultimate Accessory, basically a massive stat bonus to everything, the equivalent of the ultimate challenge of the game, 'sides 100% complete, or all grids.)

I WOULD look up an ending guide on how to get the 'good ending, 'cause I didn't get it 1st time through, it's much more satisfying, and you have to do some pretty random shit to get iut. (you're in a weird place, tap the shit out the x button! for example.)

Yikes, just checked out a brief completion walkthrough. Talk to certain people 4 times? Go back to places after you've completed the missions there? Press "X" repeatedly in utterly random places? They've really outdone themselves on the Ridiculous Stuff You Must Do To Win card this time. I've often wondered if anyone would have ever uncursed the Paladin Shield, gotten Knights of the Round, or actualized the FFX ultimate weapons without guides all over the place.

No, no. I was just making reference to all the out-there, ridiculous things you have to do to get the best equipment in all the Final Fantasy games, Knights of the Round in FF7 being one of the foremost examples of boggling minutiae.

Did you start the one of the Campaigns in Ch.1? So far, I haven't found out what campaigning for one company over the other will do, but in Ch.1, I had the Gamepro faq to help me out.