TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LucharesuFan619

I'll take that back, and quite happily, too...

They're releasing Best of XPW TV Volume 1 and Best of XPW Deathmatches.

http://www.fye.com/catalog/moviesProduct.j...itemId=10986291 for the TV one

t33636ctz1j.jpg

and http://www.fye.com/catalog/moviesProduct.j...itemId=10986267 for the Deathmatches one

t33635edk09.jpg

I've said both of these things before and I'll say both of these things again...

1. Whenever you think Rob Black's promotion is dead, it always pops right back up, in some form or another. I don't know how permanent this is, if they're just releasing it so as to get all of the old XPW footage they have out of their archives in order to prepare to officially fold the promotion (it hasn't filed for bankruptcy yet, and if it was to die, it would have to file for that I believe, because it has debts, just like ECW did), or what. But the videos are gonna get released. And Sean McCartney, who has direct links to the inner people of XPW, says: "They got about 2 or 3 more DVD's already getting prepared for the next release. It may take a while for the newer shows to come out on DVD, but you're gonna get lots of badass comps with rare footage of shit you will want to see!"

Oh, and the shit on the two videos mentioned in this post are gonna be full matches, not clipped.

2. XPW produces box art that makes WWE's tape box art look like the drizzling shits. Whoever makes the box art - whether it be Siderman or someone else - deserves credit, whether you want to give it to him/them or not, because the box art on XPW tapes is always really, really good.

These were planned for months ago, though.

The Jeff Peterson Memorial Cup Tourney was in production for almost a year, as opposed to mere months, and it was just recently released, when it happened in early '03.

Anyway, I know what you're sayin, man. It is is unfortunate that XPW's taking so long to produce their tapes, because their Philly stuff, whether you like the promotion or not, was very good. But I guess at least be happy they're gonna release that stuff. It's not every day you get to see MMW work the younger talents the indy circuit has to offer (besides in Rev. Pro, where they also do, and in their LXW match; but besides that, in Mexico, they mainly work the vets), see Jonny f'n Strom in the US, see and stuff like that. Once you wade through their shit, XPW had some quality stuff. It is too bad they don't release everything sooner, though.

Those have been out for some time now. I've had the Best of XPW TV for as long as I can remember at work.

I believe that XPW has actually sold off it's merchandise stock, and I think the folks who do the Backyard Wrestling videos sell the XPW stuff now.

Well, about the same quality of wrestling is highlighted...

And no, XPW's box art is NOT better than WWE's. It's too congested and incredibly amateur in appearance.

And no, XPW's box art is NOT better than WWE's. It's too congested and incredibly amateur in appearance.

I guess it depends on what you prefer, when it comes to box art. But for those that want a real preview of what's actually on the tape, as opposed to one match (like WWE highlights in their box art), XPW beats WWE by a mile. WWE usually makes their tape box art only like three colors, like with the Steel Cage DVD and others. XPW's tapes stand out at FYE and places even when their placed among WWE tapes, because they're colorful, and really give a preview of what's on the tape. But I guess it comes down to what you prefer.

I believe that XPW has actually sold off it's merchandise stock, and I think the folks who do the Backyard Wrestling videos sell the XPW stuff now.

XEG Entertainment Group, which has a site if you want to make sure, produces XPW's DVDs. They send them the footage that they put together on lower quality tapes, and XEG copies it onto higher quality tapes. Up until around late 2002, XPW produced their own tapes. Around 2001, Goldhil Entertainment was the distributor.

Couldn't agree more. B/c bleeding like a fucktard equates to Lynn vs. Storm, MMW vs. Gurentai and Youthanazia, Juvi vs. Nicho, etc. Puhleez...read what I said above, about wading through the shit, because once you do that and if you have an OPEN MIND, there's some good stuff.

XEG Entertainment Group, which has a site if you want to make sure, produces XPW's DVDs. They send them the footage that they put together on lower quality tapes, and XEG copies it onto higher quality tapes. Up until around late 2002, XPW produced their own tapes. Around 2001, Goldhil Entertainment was the distributor.

Right. XEG does the Backyard stuff, as well as Bum Hunts, Ghetto Brawls, and other videos of the ilk. I've got some samples of those titles sitting right next to me, actually, lol.

Right. XEG does the Backyard stuff, as well as Bum Hunts, Ghetto Brawls, and other videos of the ilk.

Oh, OK. My bad.

I'm thinkin of getting some of the backyard tapes. Are any of the bumps anything you can't see in CZW of IWA-MS?