TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest wildpegasus

Smackdown spoilers

Guest Ray

A good wrestling match isn't meaningful?

You can't have everyone in a title match, you know...

Guest Anglesault
A good wrestling match isn't meaningful?

No. Not at all. You can have a good match on any PPV. Mana should be special.

You can't have everyone in a title match, you know...

You don't have to.

Rock/Austin, Hogan/McMahon and HBK/Jericho proved that rather nicely last year.

Obviously, the first two are special circumstances to a degree, but there's no reason that they can't make non title match something to remember.

Angle/Eddie, US Title. Angle wants the belt being the U.S suck-up character he is. Eddie has the belt back from Show(somehow, don't care as long as they're using the belt.)

Eddie wins the belt. Then, Angle/Eddie starts off as a friendly rivalry...not Brock/Angle 'friends', but two people who respect each other. Angle says he wants the U.S Title back for the U.S people, who deserve to see a true American with the belt.

Eddie takes exception, saying he was born in Texas. Angle still makes out to be the ebtter American.

No Way Out, put them in the semi-final position to Benoit/Lesnar(if they're still doing that) for the U.S Title. After a great match, it ends without a pinfall or submission. Be it a time limit draw, or blood stoppage... DQ, whatever. Angle doesn't get the belt, so he demands a rematch at Mania.

Then leading up to Mania, we have SERIOUS promos. Both saying what Mania, their careers and what the U.S Title mean to them...all that sort of stuff. By the end of the countdown to WM, Angle and Eddie team up to face Chavo and someone. Chavo and Eddie turn heel, so that Angle gets the face pops at Mania.

Put them on middle to end of the card, and give them time to put on a good match. Eddie declines Chavo's help (like Taker/Kane at SS 98), and in the end Eddie manages to win clean. Handshake, respect. Chavo returns. Gets destroyed by Angle and Eddie, leading to the Eddie Chavo program they so want to do.

Angle/Eddie, US Title.

::stops reading::

But it makes perfect sense. Because Angle is American! Remember 2001? How he won the belt on Raw because he was a proud American. It's just like all those European European Champions.

Plus, people like Angle(U.S sympathizer) and Eddie(first WWE U.S Champ) could make the belt important again. And otherwise, your fued is built on Chavo and Eddie's 'three month tension'.

Guest Anglesault
Angle/Eddie, US Title.

But it makes perfect sense. Because Angle is American! Remember 2001? How he won the belt on Raw because he was a proud American. It's just like all those European European Champions.

I blame that US title reign for Angle's complete colapse in late 2001. Don't use that reign to help convince me of your point.

Angle is so far above and Eddy should be so far above that belt that it's pointless and counterproductive to have them battle over it.

And I think a grand total of 20 people give a flying shit about that title. Keep it away from them.

And otherwise, your fued is built on Chavo and Eddie's 'three month tension'.

By Mania it will be six months. :P

Angle/Eddie, US Title.

I blame that US title reign for Angle's complete colapse in late 2001. Don't use that reign to help convince me of your point.

Angle is so far above and Eddy should be so far above that belt that it's pointless and counterproductive to have them battle over it.

And I think a grand total of 20 people give a flying shit about that title. Keep it away from them.

The European crack should have let you know I was being sarcastic about the Angle 2001 reign.

But, yeah...if they went the route I said, but without the U.S Title, it could work. Only trouble is, Vince loves goofy Angle and comedy Guerrero...so I doubt they'll have a serious match, let alone anything serious to start the fued off.

Guest Anglesault
Angle/Eddie, US Title.

The European crack should have let you know I was being sarcastic about the Angle 2001 reign.

Ah. I don't take jokes about that reign very well.

It honestly gave me an irrational hatred of that belt.

I dunno if anyone has mentioned this yet, but how does Paul Heyman get to place Benoit as #1 when it's a JOINT rumble? Doesn't that place Smackdown at a disadvantage? Which means no WM main event... Does he get to have #30 as well?

I dunno if anyone has mentioned this yet, but how does Paul Heyman get to place Benoit as #1 when it's a JOINT rumble? Doesn't that place Smackdown at a disadvantage? Which means no WM main event... Does he get to have #30 as well?

He's so diabolical that he'd rather place Benoit at #1 and risk not having a Smackdown guy winning it than have the WM Main Event. That atrocious human being! DAMN HIM!

Well, last year Raw had the first three entries.

So, in other words, they haven't thought of that.