Sign in to follow this  
Mr. S£im Citrus

Back in the Saddle Again

Dateline: 28 December 2003

Scene: SWF Practice Facility, Lake Forrest, Illinois

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

As soon as the referee-in-training’s hand slaps against the mat for a third time, Wildchild pulls himself to his knees, crawling over to the edge of the ring, and uses the ropes to pull himself to his feet. A hand appears in front of his face proffering a towel, which he gladly accepts, and uses to wipe the sweat from his brow.

“Good workout, huh,” asks Johnny Dangerous.

Wildchild nods his head. “Oui. Been a couple weeks since I been able t’do any of dat.”

Johnny rubs his own face through a towel, before looking back towards the Bahama Bomber. “Where’d you get the idea to do that, anyway?”

Wildchild shrugs. “Jus’ somet’in I’ve been kickin’ aroun’ my head. I always wanted t’ try dat, but it’s not really somet’in you can pull off in a singles’ match.”

“Well, you know,” replies Johnny, “I’d love to see that move in action, against, say… Justice and Rule?”

Wildchild turns his head over towards Johnny, looking him in the eye for a seemingly endless period, before saying, “Sure. Why not?”

Johnny’s eyes shoot up in surprise. “What? Seriously?”

“Oui. I t’ink I can trust you again, an’ I really enjoyed workin’ as a tag team; I never wanted t’go on my own in de first place…”

“I won’t drop the ball this time, I swear,” says Johnny. “So, if we’re really going to do this thing, we should probably get some more practice in?”

Wildchild breaks into his trademark smile. “You jus’ want to see that move again…”

Johnny smiles back. “Dude! You gotta do that again! That was badass!”

“Alright,” says the Bahama Bomber. “Get some more trainees in here, an’ let’s get our timing down!”

As we:

FADE OUT