TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ANKLELOCK

USC Trojans

Guest MikeSC
LSU lost to Florida. They beat Georgia twice, Arkansas, Ole Miss, etc.

OU lost to Kansas State. They steamrolled Texas.

USC lost to...Cal. They beat...umm, Notre Dame?

Heck, LSU owns USC when it comes to strength of schedule. OWNS them. Ditto OU.

And ummm Auburn and ummm Washington State and ummm Michigan.

Oh and you are wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong on LSU smoking USC's strength of schedule. Before the SEC title game USC had a better strength of schedule than LSU but it was because LSU got that extra game that allowed them to jump USC. LSU's non-conference schedule incldued the last place team in the Pac-10 Arizona, Louisana Monroe, Louisana Tech, and a I-AA team. Wow ya they sure smoked USC's schedule.

The SEC Title game, again, HURT LSU as they were hurt by beating the same team twice --- even though Georgia is a damned good team.

Who did USC beat? WSU? Ooooh.

Auburn? A mediocre team, at best.

Michigan? Don't even get me started on the overrated marvels that are the Big 10. I could ALSO mention that Oregon beat Michigan, so their level of dominance was hardly set in stone.

Yeah, LSU's non-conference schedule was weak. Their CONFERENCE SCHEDULE, though, was brutal and smoked USC's by a healthy margin.

Georgia, honestly, is better than anybody USC played.

Yes, including Michigan.

-=Mike

The SEC Title game, again, HURT LSU as they were hurt by beating the same team twice --- even though Georgia is a damned good team.

Incorrect. LSU lost the 0.4 bonus for beating Georgia when Georgia fell out of the BCS top 10, but LSU's strength of schedule jumped from 54th to 29th, moving them up a full point. THAT was the reason LSU moved ahead of USC, because they got to play that extra game.

Wait , wait , wait. I didn't become big in college football till 1998. Let me get this straight. Phil Fulmer voted #1 Michigan EIGHTH to get back for Peyton Manning not winning Heisman?

:lol: :lol:

THAT is rich. And perfectly legal too. And its kinda ironic that Tennessee won the First BCS National Title the following year.

There's Phat Phil for ya.

Wait , wait , wait. I didn't become big in college football till 1998. Let me get this straight. Phil Fulmer voted #1 Michigan EIGHTH to get back for Peyton Manning not winning Heisman?

:lol: :lol:

THAT is rich. And perfectly legal too. And its kinda ironic that Tennessee won the First BCS National Title the following year.

There's Phat Phil for ya.

And it's exactly why the polls are bullshit despite all the efforts by the media and coaches to make it sound like they were passed down by God to Moses on the Ten Commandments. You'll all notice that while we repeatedly hear writers moaning about how they want the BCS gone and a playoff system instead,

1. They were never calling for a playoff system anywhere near as vehemently when it was just the polls.

2. They never suggest eliminating the polls as part of this switch to a playoff system.

Who did USC beat? WSU? Ooooh.

Auburn? A mediocre team, at best.

Michigan? Don't even get me started on the overrated marvels that are the Big 10. I could ALSO mention that Oregon beat Michigan, so their level of dominance was hardly set in stone.

Yeah, LSU's non-conference schedule was weak. Their CONFERENCE SCHEDULE, though, was brutal and smoked USC's by a healthy margin.

Georgia, honestly, is better than anybody USC played.

Yes, including Michigan.

-=Mike

As I already pointed out and CanadianChris pointed you are WRONG about the SEC title thing hurting LSU's strength of schedule and that helped LSU jump USC in the final BCS rankings that last week. I know what your trying to say about how LSU doesn't get credit for two wins against Georgia, just one, but in the end it helped LSU not hurt them so quit relying on it because the evidence isn't there.

Oh ooo Washington State, give me a break, they beat Texas from the "mighty" Big XII. Oh I know your logic Washington State is from the Pac-10 and USC is from the Pac-10 and the PAC-10 SUCKS DUDEZ~!

And Michigan overrated? Fineee they only won their conference unlike um Oklahoma.

Georgia blew a 24 point lead against Purdue of the "overrated" Big Ten who ya know Michigan is from. Before having almost one of the biggest collapse in bowl history the only victory Georgia had over a Top 25 team all year was Tennessee who got waxed by unranked Clemson yesterday.

Edited by Bored

It's also pretty funny to hear people trashing the BCS system for producing a split national champion when the vaunted human polls that the anti-BCS people worship have been doing that on their own for years. Seems to me people prefer what happened in 1997 to what is happening now, which is flat out disgusting IMO.

Yes but if you didn't have the BCS this year you'd have an outright national champ as USC would have wrapped it up with their win the in Rose Bowl as they are #1 in both polls. The BCS forces the coaches to vote out their #1 team.

That's my biggest problem. Why is USC declared the National Champions, before the Sugar Bowl is even played? Something like 21 writers have changed their vote. That to be me is b.s. They have no idea what will happen in tomorrow's game.

Well...I'd have to hear their reasoning...but it is possible that the only thing keeping them from putting USC #1 was their lack of a game against a top team like they just had. LSU had Georgia and Oklahoma had Texas. Although ,any (including myself) believe USC is the best in the country..they didn't have the chance to prove it until this week.

They said the dominate win against Michigan made them change their vote. The problem is what if LSU, or OU dominates the Sugar Bowl. It's too early to be announcing a change in your vote.

Yeah everyone is pretty much assuming that OU and LSU won't play as good as USC. Despite the fact that both teams spent their entire season playing better football than USC...hmm.........that makes no sense.

Guest MikeSC
Oh ooo Washington State, give me a break, they beat Texas from the "mighty" Big XII. Oh I know your logic Washington State is from the Pac-10 and USC is from the Pac-10 and the PAC-10 SUCKS DUDEZ

Goodie for WSU. This has absolutely nothing to do with conference is the best. This has solely to do with the teams involved.

And Michigan overrated? Fineee they only won their conference unlike um Oklahoma.

Force them to play a conference title game and see how it goes. And, yes, the Big 10 is one overrated conference.

Georgia blew a 24 point lead against Purdue of the "overrated" Big Ten who ya know Michigan is from. Before having almost one of the biggest collapse in bowl history the only victory Georgia had over a Top 25 team all year was Tennessee who got waxed by unranked Clemson yesterday.

Let's go ahead and get this out of the way. Schedule:

USC

@ Auburn 23-0 *

v BYU 35-18

v Hawaii 61-32 *

@ California 31-34 *

@ ASU 37-17

v Stanford 44-21

@ Notre Dame 45-14

v #14 WSU 43-16 *

@ Arizona 45-0

@ UCLA 47-22 *

v Oregon State 52-28

v #4 Michigan 28-14 *

5 bowl teams faced --- 6 with the bowl game.

LSU

Louisiana Monroe W 49-7

at Arizona W 59-13

Western Illinois W 35-7

No. 11 Georgia W 17-10 *

at Mississippi St. W 41-6

No. 17 Florida L 19-7 *

at South Carolina W 33-7

Auburn W 31-7 *

Louisiana Tech W 49-10

at Alabama W 27-3

at No. 18 Mississippi W 17-14 *

Arkansas W 55-24 *

at No. 11 Georgia W 34-13 *

6 bowl teams faced. 7 with the bowl game.

Oklahoma

North Texas W 37-3 *

at Alabama W 20-13

Fresno State W 52-28 *

UCLA W 59-24 *

at Iowa State W 53-7

at No. 5 Texas W 65-13 *

Missouri W 34-13 *

at Colorado W 34-20

No. 22 Oklahoma State W 52-9 *

Texas A&M W 77-0

Baylor W 41-3

at Texas Tech W 56-25 *

No. 10 Kansas State L 35-7 *

8 bowl teams faced. 9 with the bowl game.

So, LSU won as many games before the bowl, with 4 times as many games against top 25 teams. Oklahoma won one more game before the bowl with

3 times as many games against top 25 teams. Oklahoma only played 5 games against non-bowl teams. OU's and LSU's schedules are just flat-out better than USC's.

And commenting on Georgia's "weak" schedule is laughable. I could say that the Big 10 seems to be highly ranked while playing no good teams outside of the Big 10 --- but I won't do that.

And, hate to break it to you, but Clemson, over the last few weeks of the season, played as well as anybody in the country. They did pretty handidly stomp FSU. They became a darned good team. God only knows how.

-=Mike

Oh ooo Washington State, give me a break, they beat Texas from the "mighty" Big XII. Oh I know your logic Washington State is from the Pac-10 and USC is from the Pac-10 and the PAC-10 SUCKS DUDEZ

Goodie for WSU. This has absolutely nothing to do with conference is the best. This has solely to do with the teams involved.

Uh okay...how about 2-5 in bowl games and 4-2 in bowl games. One is the Big XII and the other is the Pac-10. In the only Pac-10/Big XII match-up the Pac-10 team won. Um which is the better conference again?

Force them to play a conference title game and see how it goes. And, yes, the Big 10 is one overrated conference.

Hang on to your conference title game argument all you want but Michigan beat the 2nd place team in their conference, Ohio State, in their last game of the season so that in itself pretty served as their conference title game. ONCE AGAIN Oklahoma did not play Kansas State prior to the conference title game.

Let's go ahead and get this out of the way. Schedule:

USC

@ Auburn 23-0 *

v BYU 35-18

v Hawaii 61-32 *

@ California 31-34 *

@ ASU 37-17

v Stanford 44-21

@ Notre Dame 45-14

v #14 WSU 43-16 *

@ Arizona 45-0

@ UCLA 47-22 *

v Oregon State 52-28

v #4 Michigan 28-14 *

5 bowl teams faced --- 6 with the bowl game.

Oregon State went to a bowl game so that gives them same number of bowl opponents as LSU. Sorry try again.

OU's and LSU's schedules are just flat-out better than USC's.

Again how is LSU's schedule flat out better? The had one of the weakest non-conference schedules in the country, period. They played the last place team in the Pac-10, two nothing Louisana schools, and 1-AA school. That is a pathetic non-conference schedule for an elite team. ONCE AGAIN LSU needed the SEC title game to have a BETTER strength of schedule than USC's. Its a stone cold fact.

i'm still trying to figure out how georgia who sleepwalked against uab and was totally overrated is better than michigan, you know the guys who bitched purdue by 28 and ohio state by 14, georgia really should have been better than what they were this year.