TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest drdrainoscott

Rumble and Mania plans

Guest wildpegasus
Because it's the worst thing possable and it has me more angry than almost anything the WWE has done before. Winnng against HHH is very anticlimatic. The storyline's all set with Lesnar and Heyman. Benoit beating HHH would give HHH all the glory of being the man to lay down for Benoit if he decides to go that route. It would make the eventual Benoit vs Lesnar match have much less importantance and would just position HHH to beat Benoit sometime down the line to show he truly is king. And to top it all off, Benoit vs Lesnar has a lot more potential than Benoit vs HHH. If Benoit vs Lesnar happens it won't be as good after a Benoit title victory agaisnt HHH because a lot of the emotion will be gone. Also, you're not as likely to see Benoit be as superhuman in the match (which'll be good for the match quality and Benoit himself) against Lesnar because the storylines won't call for it as much. It'll be way less dramatic.

I was unaware of the Benoit-Lesnar-Heyman storyline since I haven't watched SmackDown in who knows how long. Nevertheless, I don't see this turn of events as a catastrophe. Either way, Benoit is in a big match on the biggest WWE card of all-time and has a chance of walking out with a major title.

It is a catastrophe. I actually have to chear for Benoit not winning the title. This'd be the worst possable way of Benoit winning the title and it'd just reek of politics if it happened. Watch the Benoit vs Lesnar match from Smackdown if you haven't yet or the last talking segment between Heyman and Lesnar if possable.

Benoit proved he could beat Lesnar.

Lesnar had to cheat and use a vicious new submission manuever to beat Benoit. However he didn't do what he wanted to do and that's make Benoit tap out. Benoit passed out. They set up the eventual rematch for the title here.

Because Heyman wants to build Smackdown around Lesnar (loooong term) and Benoit came to close to ruining those plans Heyman states that Benoit will NEVER get a title shot again as long as he's general manager.

Benoit sneaks into the Rumble the past week on Smackdown. Heyman's scared of him winning so he puts Benoit in the number 1 spot. The odds are stacked against Benoit. Benoit is now labelled as a blue collar worker who always gets stopped by people in management such as Heyman.

So Benoit has to win against Lesnar. If he wins against HHH, all this means nothing.

Guest Anglesault
I'd actually rather see HHH/Benoit because of the build-up.

What build up would be better than the face overcoming an evil decree by the heel GM to gain his title shot and over throw the champ?

I can't really think of one, good, possible storyline for Benoit/HHH.

"I've always wanted to win that title... ever since I, uh, dropped it so I could go to the WWE.. I mean, I've always wanted that title, ever since I was a little boy, and by that I mean a grown man in 2002 when it was given to you HHH. Grr!" - Chris Benoit

I can't believe they're thinking about sticking Edge or Benoit to be HHH's WM job boy just because he's running out of people. It fucking disgusts me.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
I can't really think of one, good, possible storyline for Benoit/HHH.

"I've always wanted to win that title... ever since I, uh, dropped it so I could go to the WWE.. I mean, I've always wanted that title, ever since I was a little boy, and by that I mean a grown man in 2002 when it was given to you HHH. Grr!" - Chris Benoit

Dude, no one cares that it used to be the WCW Title. Period. You're just being obsessively anal. Plus, in Kayfabe Land, the RAW Title means MORE than the SmackDown one since it hasn't been bounced around and the Big Show hasn't held it. It's more or less stayed in the hands of the man who is booked as the best wrestler in the company.

Besides, I can't honestly think of one good storyline that would involve Benoit talking at all. :D

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

What build up would be better than the face overcoming an evil decree by the heel GM to gain his title shot and over throw the champ?

Something that wasn't done last year with Brock Lesnar?

I'd rather see Brock/Benoit no doubt but if they are planning on doing HHH/Benoit then I sure as hell would mark out if Benoit beat HHH at Mania.

Benoit for any world title is better then midcarding.

Guest Retro Rob
I'd rather see Brock/Benoit no doubt but if they are planning on doing HHH/Benoit then I sure as hell would mark out if Benoit beat HHH at Mania.

Ditto. All of these little details in everyone's ideal Benoit title win are just a little bit too much. I mean who honestly thought his name would seriously be mentioned by WWE Management when it came to being the challenger in the main event of the biggest PPV OF ALL TIME?? At this rate, I would just take what I could get and be happy for that.

Guest Anglesault

Give me a example.

HHH: I want Orton, Vince, Mania, me and him, the kids going to be a big star and I want to help him out by beating him - I mean, giving him a huge rub - at the showcase of the immortals.

Vince: Sure, son.

*HHH see's how little Orton is getting over*

HHH: On second thought, that Cena feller is gettin pretty hot, I think we should step him up to the big time and uh, give him a shot at the strap, ya know? Have him come close, real close, put him up in my league... I win, of course, cause he's still pretty rough around the edges, I don't think his rap stuff is main event calibre, but I think I could take him and make him Vince.

Vince: Sure, Son. Boy, you sure are selfless, helping these kids out and whatnot... the Rock wouldn't even touch these guys.

*Chris Benoit enters room*

Benoit: Hey, how's it goin? I was wondering when I'm getting that title shot you guys are settin up in the storylines.

Vince: Huh?

Benoit: You know, the one with me and Brock?

*Vince looks at HHH with a confused look on his face, HHH shrugs*

Vince: Heh, well Chris, um, you will get that title shot.. only it won't be a title shot... and it won't be against Brock... but, um... let's see... oh hey, how about Randy Orton? That kid has real potential and I think you can bring it out of him...

*HHH nods with approval*

*Benoit mumbles something under his breath*

Vince: Is there a problem Chris.

Benoit: No sir.. It's just, that guy, he's hopeless...

HHH: How can you say that about a potential young superstar - he's the next rock dammit! If I weren't so concerned with burying John Cena - I mean, working with John Cena - I'd be putting Orton over right now, hell I am! Evolution is the biggest thing ever. Orton is over-as-hell.. You just don't want to work with the young fellas Chris, you just wanna be in the spotlight all the time and never contribute to the future of this business... I toldya dad, this guy is selfish...

Vince: I see it so clearly now...

But its Benoit's dream to be WWE Champion (after all, he has been busting his ass for almost 4 years now) and now that his time might finally be coming, they want to give him the other title instead? Fuck that. If they want Goldberg / Lesnar so bad, have Brock drop the damn title to Benoit or Angle at No Way Out.

Why is everyone assuming Benoit is going to win the Royal Rumble?! I mean, this IS WWE.....the same federation that has screwed Benoit over many times before.

If anybody's going to win and go against HHH at Raw, I would guess that it'd probably be Kurt Angle. I'll believe them putting Benoit in a huge title match at WrestleMania XX when I see it.

Yeah sure, let's have Benoit's big - 15+ year career - be capped off by (a title win) not coming close to living up to its potential...

YEAH! The gold around his waist will do just fine!

*mumbles something under breath*

*something about various posters being complacent dumbfucks.*

Guest wildpegasus
Exactly, Rob. That's how I'm looking at it. I think everyone needs to take a chill pill and be greatly for what he gets, if anything.

I would seriously contemplate never watching the WWE again if Benoit beat HHH or vice versa. I know I wouldn't stick to it as I'd still want to watch Benoit and Eddie wrestle but that's how disgusted I'd be.

Guest Besus

This is why Goldberg got deactivated.So he can go to Smackdown.When will he go-Next month? He might show up on Smackdown before RR and Announce that he will be in the Royal Rumble.He talk about Eric having him deactivated and Then he says Heyman has welcomed him here to Smackdown.

Someone has said they will main-event WM 20 3 times and That's John Cena. So I think he will win.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

Give me a example.

This is if I was booking:

After the Rumble Evolution come out, and laugh at Benoit. They play a montage of every time Benoit has lost a title match. They comment how he "couldn't even beat SmackDown's paper champion." They call him "Lex" as in Lex Luger. They basically mock him for two straight weeks.

And from there till 'Mania, Benoit makes their lives a living hell.

Saying nothing, Benoit becomes a silent enraged badass, taking out Evolution members backstage, running in during their matches, and putting the fear of God into HHH. Benoit respects no one and nothing but the Title. He destroys Bischoff and when Austin tries to pull him off he decks him too. Basically a fuse goes off in Benoit and he's determined he's going to win this time. They show training vignettes of him working out screamings "I WON'T CHOKE!" To keep HHH strong till the ME, Benoit can't seem to get the better of him when they actually make contact before the match. HHH will get a cheap shot and run away and taunt him. He'll continue to frustrate Benoit and the crowd, building the anticipation.

To keep out Evolution, that match is in a Cage. Benoit wins it.

Tell me that wouldn't be cool.

Wow, feel the hostility. I think we should get a moderator in here.

"complacent dumbfucks?"

No, it's called having an opinion and trying to enjoy the product at hand instead of having such a pessmestic view like everyone in this topic seems to have.

They're basically recycling Lesnar's angle from last year with Benoit now. Well, they were until Goldberg came into the picture with this recent turn of events in spoilers.

Guest Ray

Let's see...

Benoit jobbing to HHH at mania or Benoit winning the fake world title in a screwy way (I laugh at anyone who thinks he would win even semi-clean).

NO THANK YOU.

So it's your basic "You're not in my league" HHH feuds.. yeah, THOSE go so well.

It's better then wrestling the FBI (curtain jerking a PPV) or something to that nature like Benoit was doing earlier this year.

Guest Anglesault
Exactly, Rob. That's how I'm looking at it. I think everyone needs to take a chill pill and be greatly for what he gets, if anything.

Yay! The "Eh, close enough" mentality!

Let's see...

Benoit jobbing to HHH at mania or Benoit winning the fake world title in a screwy way (I laugh at anyone who thinks he would win even semi-clean).

NO THANK YOU.

Alright, how about Benoit vs. Rhyno on Heat? That sound good to you?

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
Benoit proved he could beat Lesnar.

Lesnar had to cheat and use a vicious new submission manuever to beat Benoit. However he didn't do what he wanted to do and that's make Benoit tap out. Benoit passed out. They set up the eventual rematch for the title here.

I disagree. If anything Benoit's angry because he knows he CAN beat Lesnar, but he hasn't been able to prove it yet. Brock won that match via TKO in a submission. He beat Benoit, Benoit did not beat him. Benoit mad ehim tap twice when it didn't matter, but he couldn't get the job done when it did. Lesnar was the better man that night, as he rose to the occaision and got the job done. The only saving grace for Benoit was that he didn't tap, but that's (at best) a phyrric victory. Benoit (and Heyman said it himself) just got really close.

Besides he needed help from instant fucking replay AND the Big Show to get by John Cena who had his number that night twice.

Yay! The "Eh, close enough" mentlity!

But wouldn't you guys realize you probably AREN'T gunna have this dream scenario with Brock/Benoit because it's how the WWE operates?

As much as I want to see Benoit/Lesnar for the WWE title in the main event, I'll take HHH/Benoit if they decide they want to do Goldberg/Brock.

Anything is better than Benoit being buried by HHH. And to think HHH will lose at WM 20, the biggest showcase of them all? Ha.

If enjoying the products means lowering your standards to a, quite frankly, pathetic place such as "As long as he get's the title" and not considering the circumstances inwhich he holds it, the mods should be in here; supressing the opinions of those who stand for such things.

You're thirsty, they piss in your mouth and you're saying "well, as long as it's wet". Get some respectible standards, man.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
So it's your basic "You're not in my league" HHH feuds.. yeah, THOSE go so well.

I'd enjoy it more than the wet dream rehash of last year's storyline.

In a way, I hope Benoit does beat Lesnar, actually. Because if he jobs the belt to Cena, the reaction from this place would be hilarious.

Anything is better than Benoit being buried by HHH. And to think HHH will lose at WM 20, the biggest showcase of them all? Ha.

Why are you assuming HHH will beat, let alone bury Benoit? Sure you can use the defense of Booker/HHH at Mania 19 this year, but I really don't think they'd do that again.