TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest PowerPB13

The OAO Raw 1/5/04 Thread

Guest PowerPB13

WHAT WILL THE NEW YEAR BRING?

Jan. 5, 2003

For the second straight week, RAW will feature the homecoming for a RAW Superstar as Jerry "The King" Lawler returns to Memphis. And if this homecoming produces results like the last one, RAW is bound to set the stage for perhaps its most exciting year, ever!

Last week, Shawn Michaels fought one of the greatest battles of his legendary career in front of his hometown fans in San Antonio, coming within inches on several occasions of defeating Triple H for the World Heavyweight Championship. While Triple H escaped with the Title, the match brought about the return of Stone Cold Steve Austin -- who was reinstated on his terms by the WWE Board of Directors. Austin declared that there will be a rematch and on RAW, and he may just announce when and where that rematch will take place!

Also on RAW, Mark Henry was given the week off last week after attacking Booker T from behind to open the show. However, Eric Bischoff promised Henry that he could cash in his favor still owed from Survivor Series, this week on RAW. What will Henry choose? Watch RAW and find out!

The whole landscape of RAW has changed now that Stone Cold is back and on his own terms. As he declared, "there is a new sheriff in town." Find out what that means on RAW at 9/8 CT on Spike TV!

-----

Basically, you're an idiot if you watch this show.

-Patrick

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
Oh god, they're in Memphis. Oh god they're doing something with the King.

*Looks at TV Guide to see what else is on Monday's at 9pm*

Good thing I have NHL and NBA on In Demand so I can flip through 15 games over the course of 3 hours.

Guest Fook

Somehow I doubt they'll have Lawler almost beat the IC champ like they did in July.

Although an RKO to Lawler in Memphis might actually get Orton some heat.

Guest PowerPB13

So what unfortunate midcard heel gets to job to Lawler?

Possibilities:

Dupree or Conway(so Lawler can play patriot)

Test or Steiner(for their abuse of Stacy)

Matt Hardy(for what he did to Lita)

-Patrick

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
So what unfortunate midcard heel gets to job to Lawler?

Possibilities:

Dupree or Conway(so Lawler can play patriot)

Test or Steiner(for their abuse of Stacy)

Matt Hardy(for what he did to Lita)

-Patrick

Rico because WWE has an obsession with having the "Gay" characters get their ass kicked for being gay in their opponents hometown.

Guest PowerPB13
Somehow I doubt they'll have Lawler almost beat the IC champ like they did in July.

Although an RKO to Lawler in Memphis might actually get Orton some heat.

No...

Triple H vs. Lawler, watch it happen.

It'll be the battle of the two guys with zero talent who pushed themselves to the tops of their respective promotions.

No wonder Lawler (heart)s HHH so much in his commentary.

-Patrick

Edited by PowerPB13

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

That reminds me (kinda), I wonder who won the Knicks/Nets game tonight. I guess I'll check ESPN later.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

I wonder if Bischoff offers refunds for his favors.

Like if Christian wanted to un-un-fire Lita so he can have his favor back, and ship Lita somewhere else, maybe SD because the women on their suck and she'd fit in perfectly.

That would be funny.

Guest Coffey

I actually still like Lawler in the ring. I'm a fan of the style. I'd rather him be in the ring than at the booth anyway. It just sucks that he'll have to go over someone simply because of what city they are in. It sucks more because this is the first Raw of the new year, so it should be a special, important show.

Instead, it will be more mediocre storyline advancement leading up to a week or two after No Way Out so that they can book Wrestlemania XX on a napkin while at the Sizzler.

Guest Your Olympic Hero
If OU loses tonight then JR is gunna be :( all night.

they gave a valiant effort but in the end, the hoss-filled defense of LSU overpowered the sooners heisman trophy winning QB. bah gawd it was like a train wreck.

Yay, I can't wait for the Lawler's segment:

Vince: When we get to Memphis, we should give Lawler a match where he goes over, because it's always nice to give something to hometown hero. Right Booker?

Booker T: .... whatever you say. Asshole.

Does anybody else see the irony in Patrick being the one to begin the Raw thread?

Anyway, I almost wouldn't mind if they gave Lawler to Orton. Lawler can still work.....maybe not like he used to......but he can. Lawler is still over huge in Memphis and the south so ,as was noted earlier, Orton beating Lawler would probably get him heat for a night anyway and just maybe make Orton look decent. And I'd rather see Orton vs Lawler then all the "heard-them-all-before" Austin promos we'll probably get.

And it would fit the Legend Killer gimmick since Lawler is a legend in Memphis.

And if it sucks, I won't be watching anyway because of work.

Guest Besus
Yay, I can't wait for the Lawler's segment:

Vince: When we get to Memphis, we should give Lawler a match where he goes over, because it's always nice to give something to hometown hero. Right Booker?

Booker T: .... whatever you say. Asshole.

:lol:

Guest Repo Man Reborn

WWE logic on how to make a heel:

1. Run in and crush a jobber

2. Beat up a woman

3. Beat a face in his own hometown

4. Spit water

(Okay, I made up the last one...........)

It just sucks that he'll have to go over someone simply because of what city they are in.

It would be nice if they did that trick for a face who actually wrestles on a regular basis for once, though.

It just sucks that he'll have to go over someone simply because of what city they are in.

It would be nice if they did that trick for a face who actually wrestles on a regular basis for once, though.

What would that accomplish?

To prepare for tonight's RAW, my buddies and I were watching the WCW All-nighter, with Sting/Flair, Enforcers/Dustin+Steamboat, Flair/Steamboat...

Tonight's show will far surpass that, what with maybe another Orton title defense...barf.

I predict:

-Michaels/HHH at Rumble

-Henry gets spot #30

-30-minute co-owner promo

-RVD does something useless

-tag Main event

I predict:

-Michaels/HHH at Rumble

-Henry gets spot #30

-30-minute co-owner promo

-RVD does something useless

-tag Main event

Dude...those are way to "out there" to happen.