TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Anya

Hyper SF II & SVC Chaos

I ordered both the other day. Should arrive tomorrow or Wednesday. I got the Limited Edition version of Hyper SF II. I'm pretty excited, even though Hyper SF II isn't all that new.

Anyone played them yet? Or the arcade version of Chaos?

I can tell you Hyper SF2 is faithful to the point where Guile has different voices depending upon what game you choose him from.

SvC Chaos is mindless fun.

I read about the voice thing. Also heard if you choose the earlier games it has the stuff in the background to break, like WW Ryu's stage has the Japanese signs. Plus it has 3 soundtracks.

I wish it had more though or at least more anniversary games. How come Megaman gets a new game in each of it's sub series and two complitations and all SF gets is an update of Super Turbo?

How about something new? I'd like to see a total reworking of SF1. Redraw and recreate everything in the game with modern graphics and gameplay. Not rehashing the Alpha sprites, a totally new graphic style but based on SF1.

Not many have played the original, only Ryu and Ken were playable in it, and it's unplayably bad, so a remake would be fresh and a cool way of celebrating the anniversary.

I don't think a new Alpha would be all that exciting. The games are already on like every system and Alpha 3 pretty much defeats the purpose of a compilation. A new update to SF III on PS2 would be cool though.

Hyper SF II's gimmick of letting you play the old versions vs. each other isn't even new. It's in SF Collection 2, it just doesn't have the Super or Super Turbo versions.

Not many have played the original, only Ryu and Ken were playable in it, and it's unplayably bad, so a remake would be fresh and a cool way of celebrating the anniversary.

Ah...memories. There used to be a supermarket around here, and it had a machine of SF1. I think this was around the time SF2 came around, and they might have gotten it in not really knowing the difference. The controls sucked, and the specials were impossible to do, but without it, there'd be no SF2.

I don't think a new Alpha would be all that exciting. The games are already on like every system and Alpha 3 pretty much defeats the purpose of a compilation. A new update to SF III on PS2 would be cool though.

*hug* Yes, yes! Damnit, it sucks that the only way to play any SF3's at home is on Dreamcast, and using that not-suited-for-six-attack-button-fighters pad. PS pad works well if you set attacks to the R buttons, on the other hand.

Hyper SF II's gimmick of letting you play the old versions vs. each other isn't even new. It's in SF Collection 2, it just doesn't have the Super or Super Turbo versions.

Actually, Super SFII Turbo allowed you to play as the Super SFII versions of the characters via codes.

Also, on a very disappointing note, Renegade told me over MSN that SvCC for the home doesn't fix up the horrid character balance. The bosses are still overpowering, and many of the characters are far stronger/weaker than they should be. For cryin' out loud, even Midway/Williams would fix the bugs and balance issues in the MK games, you'd think SNK could do the same.

So you'd think that SNK could for a home version of a game. Geez, that's lame.

Edited by AndrewTS

Actually, Super SFII Turbo allowed you to play as the Super SFII versions of the characters via codes.

Yeah, but you can't have WW, CE or HF versions against each other.

In Hyper SF II you can do a code to play as the super versions from Super Turbo(they were not EXACTLY like the real Super versions from SSF2). You can also do a code to play as the arcade super turbo characters, which means you can do bugs like holding supers for Honda and Chun Li. That's pretty cool.

Midway doesn't do a very good job of balancing and bug fixing in the MK games. Like MK Gold got a revision, but it's STILL really glitchy.

I've played both the arcade and PS2 version of SvC (which I got a few days ago). The PS2 port has more transparency effects and has the traditional port extra such as a gallery. Also this might be just me but the infinities seem harder to do.

The game still suffers with from character balance up the wazoo though. You can own everybody and anybody with Geese. Bosses aside there are a handfull of characters that are head and shoulders above everybody else. Another reason why there are no serious SvC tournaments anywhere.

SvC is fun, nothing more. It should never be played competitively. On the plus side the PS2 cover is awesome.

Hyper SFII I was thinking about getting, but there are other things I want to spend my money on right now.

You can also do a code to play as the arcade super turbo characters, which means you can do bugs like holding supers for Honda and Chun Li. That's pretty cool.

I was trying to do the "walking forward" supers in every game since, including the Alphas and the SFC SFII Turbo. Awesome that we can finally do it in a game at home.

Midway doesn't do a very good job of balancing and bug fixing in the MK games. Like MK Gold got a revision, but it's STILL really glitchy.

At least they tried.

SvC is fun, nothing more. It should never be played competitively. On the plus side the PS2 cover is awesome.

Oh well, there's still Match of the Millenium. :) Get yourself a Neo Geo Pocket Color, Sakura. You won't be disappointed.

Hyper SF II is pretty fun.

The arrange soundtrack is awesome. It's not the one from the PC version, but it's almost as good.

Playing as the World Warrior characters is funny. They're so powerful. Combos take off insane ammounts of life and the infamous re-dizzying is back. I just did one with Guile(jumping FP, FP, sonic boom).

There's a lot of cool little details with the presentation. Like when you play an old version of a character their old school picture is used.

Guile was godly in SFII. Character balance would be a bit of a problem I'd think, since so many characters got watered down during the course of the revisions. Sure, new moves and the supers were added, but things like massive air priority, redizzies and invincible dragon punches are extremely useful/cheap.

Sakura: What about the voices? I always preferred the announcer from SFII/CE over that sissy announcer in the Supers.

Character balance is messed up, but so what? It's just like a special anniversary game anyway.

What sucks is that the CPU is ALWAYS the Super Turbo versions.

The annoucer is the Super guy.

The Gamest DVD in the Limited Edition package is cool. It has some bizarre oddities, like people beating the game with only one move and some guy playing Final Fight.

I'm just happy that if I get this, I can rule the roost with the ORIGINAL SAGAT~! again..... I still play Genesis SCE for nostalgia from time to time.

Another weird thing is that speed select is seperate from mode select. So if you select Turbo speed, even the WW or CE characters will be uber fast.

Well, to my shock a SvC tourney will be held at Los Angeles Feb 7, 2004.

"If you choose a regular character, the entry fee will be $5. If you choose a "secret" character, the entry fee will be $10!"

...wonder why

SNK did a better job with M. Bison than Capcom has ever done. He looks so cool in it.

Violent Ken also looks cool. I like his stance.

His hair in the artwork is messed up though.

"If you choose a regular character, the entry fee will be $5. If you choose a "secret" character, the entry fee will be $10!"

Haha that's awesome. They should totally do that to fight bad balance all over the place. Double the cost to play Jin in T4! 50% discount if you use Yunsung in SC2! It's gold, heh.