TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chazz

Zach Gowen

Does anybody happen to know what happened to Zach Gowen? Did The WWE release him or Is he In OVW or something?

Torch, early December -

-For those wondering where Zach Gowen has been, he is not being used by WWE right now even though he is ready to wrestle if called upon. WWE management is down on him and he's perhaps the least popular member of the locker room in a long time. He rubbed a lot of people the wrong way with how he carried himself. He also missed some workouts at Ohio Valley several weeks back, and when he did show up, he was aloof and said things that offended the other wrestlers. Management is aware of what they describe as "maturity" issues with him, although the most prominent reason he's not being used is because creatively they don't have anything for him. He didn't get over to the degree they expected with fans or mainstream media, and wrestlers in general didn't like working with him because they felt selling for him undercut their credibility.

I also found a few places that said he had a concussion due to Akio/Sakoda (from that nasty double STO they did to him when they debuted, I guess). But this was actually the first I've heard of any injury whatsofever.

Guest hhheld_down

im still wanderin what the frickin point was havin him face mcmahon at vengence last year..

Guest Mulatto Heat

To exploit his disability for sympathy buys. Once it was revealed that it didn't happen, there was no use for him in the grand scheme of the company.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
im still wanderin what the frickin point was havin him face mcmahon at vengence last year..

It was suppose to be McMahon/Hogan at Vengeance, but we all know what happend, so Gowen gets pushed into the match, and busts McMahon open legit. (ugh)

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
Do they even have him doing house shows?

I know he wrestled some back a few months against Hardy (losing em all) and a fe tag matches, but I don't know about now.

Guest Repo Man Reborn
Does anybody happen to know what happened to Zach Gowen? Did The WWE release him or Is he In OVW or something?

I heard he lost a "Loser Leaves TV" ass kicking contest.

Guest Repo Man Reborn
They so should have turned him heel.

A heel with one heel?

Diabolical!

Guest Goodear

Quite. I think Anglesault was the first to notice what an ass the kid seemed like when he did promos. They should have turned him into Three-Pac and made money off watching people kill him dead.

Guest Repo Man Reborn

Why not do an angle where Big Show is so hungry during a match against Gowen that he begins hallucinating like those guys on the island with Bugs Bunny?

He could start chasing Zack around like he was a giant drumstick.

wackiki.JPG

WE'RE GONNA HAVE ROAST GOWEN! WE'RE GONNA HAVE ROAST GOWEN!

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
Why not do an angle where Big Show is so hungry during a match against Gowen that he begins hallucinating like those guys on the island with Bugs Bunny?

He could start chasing Zack around like he was a giant drumstick.

wackiki.JPG

WE'RE GONNA HAVE ROAST GOWEN! WE'RE GONNA HAVE ROAST GOWEN!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: High-larious. I could imagine that happening.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
all we know, is that Zach Gowen will be remembered in WrestleCrap history.

Actually it wasn't. It was more of a "Vince only wants to show him off as a freak show than anything else" thing.

I was glad to see him sign with wWWE, but it just seems weird seeing a one legged guy gets his ass kicked by guys double his size.

Quite. I think Anglesault was the first to notice what an ass the kid seemed like when he did promos. They should have turned him into Three-Pac and made money off watching people kill him dead.

I also recall some people saying that AS and the others agreeing with him were full of shit, failing to see this cockiness and "natural heel" business.

However, it's obvious that he's got a bad attitude that simply won't work out. Zach's got his place...and that's as the SD version of Spike Dudley: gets his skinny ass tossed around and bumping like a mofo for guys like Show and Albert. He can't sue for discrimination because that's what Vince has all of his smaller wrestlers do, pretty much. So he'll be begging to be released.

The rumors that he said he would sue are not true. I have no reason at all to doubt him, period.

As for where he is, after he got his ass kicked by Tajiri and his two guys (he took a VERY stiff reverse STO) he had to be out for a few weeks. About three weeks later though he was ready to return, and since then he's pretty much just sitting at home waiting to get a call for him to return to work. They just have nothing to do for him right now.

I personally do think that he is quite cocky though, it was obvious the first time I saw him. I think it would be interesting to have him be a heel, because quite frankly, that's his more realistic personality.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
The rumors that he said he would sue are not true. I have no reason at all to doubt him, period.

As for where he is, after he got his ass kicked by Tajiri and his two guys (he took a VERY stiff reverse STO) he had to be out for a few weeks. About three weeks later though he was ready to return, and since then he's pretty much just sitting at home waiting to get a call for him to return to work. They just have nothing to do for him right now.

I personally do think that he is quite cocky though, it was obvious the first time I saw him. I think it would be interesting to have him be a heel, because quite frankly, that's his more realistic personality.

I forgot, EVERYONE believes The Torch. LOL

"Someone backstage reported to one of our reporters that Zach Gowen would sue for discrimination if he was released. Said person asked us not to reveal his name."

Now the real version:

"This editorial is full of shit because we can't find anything good, so we'll make it up and have all the idiots believe us."

Guest Repo Man Reborn

"His poop is used as currency in Argentina."

I just got done reading the Brasky page and it is hilarious.

"His poop is used as currency in Argentina."

I just got done reading the Brasky page and it is hilarious.

:D

Zach just got online, I might ask him what's up.

teach him to do promos, then make him a manager if creative wants to do anything with him.

Now is actually a pretty good time to bring him back.

Have Lesnar beat down Holly on Smackdown next week - have Gowen come down for the save (he wants revenge too for the broken leg). Holly gets up and says he doesn't need Zachs help. Zach wants the same thing Holly wants and they should work together. Gowen talks about being a fan of Holly's ever since the mid-90's when he was sparkplug. Holly says he is a loner and doesn't need some freaks help.

After Holly loses to Lesnar at RR, Gowen challenges him (Lesnar) on a Smackdown (2 weeks after Rumble). Gowen gets his ass kicked, Hardcore comes down and gets his ass kicked too. "In the back" they're both getting medical help and Gowen offers his hand to Holly, Holly refuses to shake it.

This starts the Holly/Gowen team (since Holly will be dead after RR and Gowen is better suited in a tag situation) where Gowen needs a partner (let's say, for a mini tag tournament), asks everyone in the back, everyone refuses, and Holly comes out to Zachs surprise. It's a pretty good concept and could work for a few months where Zach is the perfect face-in-peril and Hardcore is the hot tag.

Guest Mulatto Heat
I also recall some people saying that AS and the others agreeing with him were full of shit, failing to see this cockiness and "natural heel" business.

Well, some people are complete morons. Around that very same time, Rudo et. al. were under fire for daring to question the signing of Ultimo Dragon, because WWE and Vince do not know how to use a cruiserweight properly (shocking, I know). And what happened? His stock dropped almost immediately after his debut and it was revealed that Vince wasn't even aware of the style of wrestling Ultimo does.