TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

The One and Only Divisional Playoffs thread

From Today's Boston Globe...

"Everyone was talking about their defense," Piller, a Tennessee guard, said after the Patriots' 17-14 win last night at Gillette Stadium. "I thought it sucked. It'd be a shock to me if they were holding the trophy at the end of all this."

Banky, when did you get signed by the Tits?

Well, didn't the Titans outplay them after the first quarter and get into the red zone like four times? That's not what I'd call a great defense, especially when you have the weather and home field advantage on your side. On top of that, the Titans were driving right back at the end of the game when those bullshit penalties were called. Not necessarily bullshit because they should not have been penalties, but just in the sense that the Pats defense got some help and were not looking very strong. I didn't think the hold was a penalty anyway.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent
the 80's 49ers mixed in.

Also, it was three years between Joe Montana's first and second Super Bowl wins (he didn't churn them out one after another, remember), so I think the Tom Brady parallel could still be drawn

Brady in the same league as Montana? My God, you guys are reaching.

And who is the Jerry Rice? Roger Graig?

I'll maybe, but still not completely, compare Harrison to Lott....but even that is reaching.

The 80's 49'ers would fucking ANNIHILATE the Pats of today.

Are the Pats gonna be able to stop Manning and his cohorts? Judging by this weekend, I'll say not.

Colts vs. Panthers in the Superbowl.

Both are hot. Everyone is underestimating them.

GOD DAMNIT!

Fucking defense..

Fucking Warfield can't cover ANYTHING

Fucking defense morons can't FUCKING TACKLE FOR SHIT

It's over..

maybe if Boerigter didn't blow the game..

Holmes has looked awesome though, but the defense sucks.

It's for the better for the Chiefs to lose big today, because in the long run, they will be better off if they FINALLY fire Greg Robinson.

(then again, if Vermeil refuses to fire Robinson, that's grounds to fire Vermeil. Let's fucking face it, Robinson sucks)

Another TD for the Colts, dammit

KC is looking like they did against Minnesota

Maybe the Colts offense is just that good right now. Both the Broncos and Chiefs are getting torn to shreds because of Manning...not because they are necessairly choking. Manning is holding the gun to their head.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see Manning win today and then the Colts beat the Pats(Coming from a big Pats fan so it's hard for me to say this :P) It just looks like Manning is on too much of a mission and the fact that it took the Pats to beat the Colts with a stuff at the goal line doesn't make me feel comfortable facing them

Maybe the Colts offense is just that good right now. Both the Broncos and Chiefs are getting torn to shreds because of Manning

No.. the Chiefs defense IS horrible.

HEY YOU GUYS! LET'S NOT STOP ANYBODY EVER ON THIRD DOWN..

fucking Warfield.. fucking worthless Cornhusker

and did you see Wesley on the first TD, he could have covered the one WR or the guy who caught the TD, AND HE STOOD THERE. If you pull that shit, YOU SHOULD BE BENCHED. Fucking idiot.

If KC sold their soul to win the SuperBowl years ago, they've really paid for it since. If they lose this game that would make three straight times they had a 1st round bye and still lost.

People get on the Vikings case for being chokers, but I think KC has the art down pretty well too

Actually, their stats over the first three years of their careers are strikingly similar.

Bah. At one time Kurt Warner had the greatest stats in NFL history. Lets leave it at that.

Actually, their stats over the first three years of their careers are strikingly similar.

Bah. At one time Kurt Warner had the greatest stats in NFL history. Lets leave it at that.

Just saying, Montana's stats in his first 3 years as a starter weren't spectacular, but they were good, he got the job done. Same as Brady. It's scary, really.

Just saying, Montana's stats in his first 3 years as a starter weren't spectacular, but they were good, he got the job done. Same as Brady. It's scary, really.

Well in Brady's defense, Montana's legacy was certainly supported by playing with Jerry Rice, John Taylor, Graig, Brent Jones, and other dynamic receivers. Brady really doesn't have any weapons. So I guess thats a point in his favour.

1st 3 years comparison Montana vs Brady

Joe Montana(1980-1982)

700 Completions, 1107 Attempts, 63.3 Completion %, 7.2 yards per attempt, 7973 yards, 51 TD's, 32 INT's

Tom Brad(2001-2003)

954 completions, 1545 attempts, 62 completion %, 6.7 yards per attempt, 10227 yards, 63 TD's, 38 INT's

Well in Brady's defense, Montana's legacy was certainly supported by playing with Jerry Rice, John Taylor, Graig, Brent Jones, and other dynamic receivers. Brady really doesn't have any weapons. So I guess thats a point in his favour.

Funny thing is, people forget that most of those offensive players (like Rice and Jones) didn't even come along until after Montana had already won two Superbowls

Funny thing is, people forget that most of those offensive players (like Rice and Jones) didn't even come along until after Montana had already won two Superbowls

I know. I am saying thats probably why Montana will ultimately have a greater career than Brady because he had such amazing weapons.

Bethel Johnson could turn into a player likened to John Taylor if he continues to play well. His speed alone could make him a dangerous deep ball threat. My reasoning for comparing him to Taylor is that Taylor was never the type to go for 1,000 yards every season(Only done 2 times in his career) but was still a dangerous weapon to use ala Johnson's role somewhat over the season/post season.

Come on Kansas City........

God this game is going to be high scoring. The defenses can't seem to stop the offenses. Hmm......

Indy has done it quicker and more painlessly than the Chiefs. The colts d hasn't looked like TOTAL jellyfish