TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Mandarin

CM Funk's Once a Day *IN DEPTH* Match Review

Screw that other thread, but this one is all mine, yo.

Today's match:

WWE Undisputed Championship- Brock Lesnar © vs. Big Show

Date/Place- Orlando, Florida- 6/12/03

Ref- Mike Chioda

Commentators- Tazz and Michael Cole

Brock Lesnar and Big Show have had a rivalry going for quite some time now, with Big Show being the man who Lesnar's former manager Paul Heyman sidled up with after Heyman turned on him at Survivor Series 2K2. This is a rematch of the previous month's PPV main event (minus the stretcher situation).

Character Related Info: Lesnar is a bit of an underdog at this point, because Big Show is of course, 7' feet, 500 pounds. Never mind the fact Lesnar, and others, have beaten him clean in the past, because he continues to get a push as an unbeatable monster. Lesnar- face, Show- heel.

What this match is most known for: The incredible "ring-imploding" spot at the end.

The Match:  It gets underway quickly, with Lesnar ramming Show into the corner. Big Show quickly gets the upper hand when an irish whip is reversed into a clothesline, and goes for the pin.

Pinfall #1 (by Show)- 1-- kickout. At this point, Lesnar isn't even dazed.

Lesnar battles out with punches, but Big Show gets out of a body lock and beats on Lesnar in the corner with two huge chops. Irish whip to the corner, reversed by Lesnar, who after some elbow action, gets back in control and knocks Show out of the ring. Lesnar does the punch/kick routine at ringside, and tries to whip      Big Show into the ringsteps. No way, dude. Show reverses, and Lesnar is into the steel, giving Michael Cole the chance to say "DRIVEN INTO THE STEPS" as he loves to do. Big Show rolls Lesnar back into the ring, where Lesnar gets some punches. Hah, no effect, and a sidewalk slam.

Pin #2 (by Show)- 1-2-kickout. That's gotta knock the wind out of Lesnar, but he's still mobile.

Big Show locks in a half crab on Lesnar. Lesnar's getting mild crowd support here, but he eventually gets the ropes. Shots to the ribs by Big Show. Big Show whips Lesnar into the corner, goes for a splash, misses, and Lesnar gets in some blows, and pulls out a German Suplex. Lesnar's waiting for Big Show to get up, and seems to be favouring his gut. Kick and then a try for the F-5, which doesn't work. Show's just too..Shamu-like. Chokeslam attempt by Show, blocked with kicks, but then a huge clothesline by Big Show. Show goes for the Chokeslam again, but Lesnar gets out while he has him in the air, Lesnar with some kicks and runs into the ropes, but Big Show knocks him down with a big boot followed up with a legdrop.

Pin #3 (by Show)- 1-2-2 and 3/4..kickout. Lesnar's wearing down pretty quickly here.

Big Show waits..and finally gets in a chokeslam.

Pin #4 (by Show)- 1-2-shoulder up. Lesnar isn't giving up, but another chokeslam may take him out.

Big Show goes for ANOTHER chokeslam, but stalls and takes Lesnar to the top rope (still in the chokeslam position). Lesnar is able to make a last ditch-attempt and crotches Big Show on the top rope (once again, the chokehold has been broken), gets in some clubs to the back, and here comes the superplex. My God.

The ring just imploded (obviously pre-planned), and Mike Chioda (ref) has a hilarious look on his face as Lesnar and Show are out cold. The fans go nuts, as EMTs run down. Various angles of the suplex are shown again as Lesnar and Show are tended to by the medical staff. The match is deemed a no-contest, I guess, since both men are not moving.

Winner- Nobody

And a few more replays and it's done.

What resulted out of this: The continuation of the feud, and a triple threat match with the two at Vengeance. The odd man out (Kurt Angle) would win the match, and the title, resulting in the end of Brock Lesnar's second title reign, and the end of Big Show's title quest (for now).

My review- The crowd was pretty hot to begin with, but they just went crazy at the end. I have never seen wrestling crowds just..explode like that. People were literally just jumping up and down, waving their arms. As for the match, it was just okay. It was typical "big-man" offense by Big Show, who dominated the match. Lesnar's selling was pretty good, and the spot at the end was very visually impressive. Big Show really needs to work on getting a tighter grip, though. Man, that chokehold of his is very easy to get out of. I'd go **1/4 for this match, which is pretty good considering the length. That spot at the end basically MADE the match, though.

If you read and respond, please pick the next match:

HHH vs. Scott Steiner- Royal Rumble 2003

OR

Trish Stratus vs. Victoria- RAW, Chicago Street Fight

Nice job, like the review style though **3/4 seems a little high. I remember giving it around **, maybe **1/4.

Monday Night Raw(January 27th, 2003?)

Chicago Street Fight: Trish Stratus vs Victoria

Yeah, I'm pretty generous in my star ratings. Won't be generous if Steiner/HHH gets picked, though. Ugh.

Thanks for replying.

WWE Women's Championship- Chicago Street Fight rules (No DQ, Falls Count Anywhere)- Victoria © w/ Stevie Richards vs. Trish Stratus

Date/Place- Chicago, Illinois- 1/27/03

Ref- Charles Robinson

Commentators- J.R. and Jerry Lawler

Trish Stratus and Victoria have had a rivalry going for quite some time now, with Victoria being taking away Trish's title at Survivor Series 2K2. Trish supposedly beat out Victoria for a modelling career, if I recall, so she's not too pleased with her.

Character Related Info: Trish is playing the gimmick that she always does, the hot blond who can hang in the ring. Victoria is the psycho we came to know and love. She's beginning her relationship with Stevie Richards now. Trish- face, Victoria- heel.

What this match is most known for: Being a better version of their Survivor Series 2002 match, and introducing the WWE fans to the fact that these chicks are pretty tough (even though they're nothing compared to those Joshi beasts).

The Match: Victoria (with Stevie) attacks from behind with a pool stick as Trish Stratus makes her way down the ramp. She then chokes Trish with the stick as the bell rings to start the match. While Victoria continues to choke out Trish from a front position, Trish is able to use her feet to monkey flip Victoria over. Trish, still holding on to the kendo stick, flips backwards and takes the dominant position. She then strangles Victoria, but after a reversal, takes an irish whip into the steel steps. Victoria tosses her into the crowd, but Trish hits a high kick and climbs up on the security rail and gets a clothesline.

Pin #1 (by Trish)- 1-2-kickout. Victoria's not even phased.

Trish takes a hard ramming..into the edge of the ring apron, and then is tossed back into the ring. Victoria does that nice flipping legdrop to get back into the ring. ..but the fans don't care, because they're chanting for puppies.

Pin #2 (by Victoria)- 1-2-kickout. Trish has taken a beating on the neck so far, with the stranglehold and that rough legdrop, but she's still in good condition.

Victoria tosses her into the corner, and rams her shoulder into Trish's gut a few times. She then goes for a running one, but misses and hits pole. Trish then just climbs out, suddenly finds a garbage can lid, and just WHACKS Victoria across the head. Really nasty sound. Ouch. Trish searches for more plunder, and takes a garbage can, a kendo stick and two trash can lids back into the ring with her. Trish gets two lids, and you know what that means. Victoria gets smacked in the sides of the head, and Victoria may have a fear of marching bands for the next few years. Trish drops the lids and sets up a garbage can in the corner, and goes to slingshot Victoria into it, but Victoria smashes her in the face with a dropped lid and Trish takes a very nasty slingshot into the bottom of the garbage can. Lawler oddly calls this one of the longest running feuds ever in the WWE, to which I say "..Wha?" (I guess if you count Trish and Victoria's supposed "modelling days", it works out) Trish then takes a trash lid to the head. Victoria hits her again with the lid.

Pin #3 (by Victoria) 1-2-kickout. Trish sure has taken a beating here, and she may be down for the count if Victoria keeps working on her head.

Victoria picks her up and goes for an irish whip, but is reversed by Trish but Victoria still gives her an elbow. Victoria goes to the top rope, but Trish gets a trash lid shot to the head and hits the handspring Frankensteiner. To which King goes, "LOOKITDIS".

Pin #4 (by Trish) 1-2-kickout. Victoria is wearing down, but is still in better health than Trish is.

Victoria goes for a forearm, Trish ducks, hits some punches and chops, and then kicks Victoria through the ropes to the outside. Trish mounts Victoria and takes her down with punches. King: "IT'S LIKE THAT BEER COMMERCIAL!" Minus the trash lids and pool cues, yes, it's like the beer commercial. ..Sadly, "THAT BEER COMMERCIAL" would come into play at WrestleMania, creating memories best left forgotten. Trish rolls Victoria back in the way and hits a neckbreaker variation. Trish hits forearms and a whip into the ropes, which is reversed, and Stevie tries to unleash a fire extinguisher in Trish's face. Doesn't work, and Trish hits the floor. Victoria yells at Stevie through the ropes..and of course, gets a face full of fire extinguisher. Trish uses the ropes to dropkick Stevie in the face, and turns around to hit Victoria with a chick kick.

Pin #5 (by Trish) 1-2-Stevie Richards breaks up the count. I highly doubt the match would have been over there, even if Stevie hadn't interfered.

Stevie gets kendo stick shots to the ribs, but turns around to a Victoria kick to the face.

Pin #6 (by Victoria) 1-2-kickout. If Victoria hits the Widow's Peak here, it's all done.

Trish takes several slaps to the face, and an irish whip which is reversed. Trish goes for the Stratusfaction which is broken up by Stevie, and the two throw Trish out of the ring and into the guardrail. Victoria crawls out and pins.

Pin #7 (by Victoria) 1--2--3. Sort of anticlimatic, but Trish did take a lot of abuse to the face.

Winner: Victoria

Jazz comes out and does some a beatdown, just 'cuz she can.

What resulted out of this: The feud continued until Trish beat both Victoria and Jazz at WrestleMania XIX to win the women's title. Trish would continue to be on top of the women's division until losing the title to Molly Holly, and Trish is still after the title today. Victoria moved to Sunday Night Heat along with Stevie Richards, where she became his "flower" and he became Heat GM. Victoria and Stevie are in a program with Test right now, but it's not getting much RAW airtime.

My review- Standard women's match, but with more hardcore plunder. It was semi-impressive, taking into consideration that women don't usually wrestle hardcore matches in WWE, but if this was a Hardcore Match with two guys (ex. Chyna and Jazz), then it wouldn't be found as entertaing. 'Cuz, y'know. Chicks getting hit in the face with garbage is hot. No moves were too sloppy, and they seemed to put out some effort. I'd go **1/4 for this match, which is not too shabby (for a women's match) in my book.

Please vote for tomorrow's match.

TOMORROW:

Edge vs. Booker T- WrestleMania X8

OR

Maven vs. Goldust- WrestleMania X8

(both are already done)

Damnit, I double posted. Therefore, for your pleasure (or displeasure), you get Dawn Marie vs. Torrie Wilson- Royal Rumble 2003. Don't say I didn't warn you.

One fall- "Stepmother vs. Stepdaughter Match" Dawn Marie vs. Torrie Wilson

Date/Place- Boston, Mass.- 1/19/03

Ref- ??

Commentators- Tazz and Michael Cole

The infamous Al Wilson angle. Believe me, I cried throughout this whole angle more than Torrie did.

Character Related Info: Dawn Marie's a horrible witch for stealing Torrie Wilson's father from her and (sorry if I'm not up to date with my medical terms) "sexing the man to death". Torrie Wilson's the popular blonde who's usually half-naked.

What this match is most known for: Being the only match between the two that didn't take "worst match of the night" honors.

The Match: Dawn Marie hits a forearm smash before the bell can ring. Dawn slaps Torrie in the face and kicks Torrie back down as she gets up. Torrie hits a spear on Dawn and does some head-grabby-slam-thingy. Torrie tosses Dawn by the hair and goes for an irish whip to the corner which is blocked with a ckick, but Torrie grabs the leg and slingshots Dawn. Kicks-a-plenty by Torrie and goes for a German suplex but Dawn grabs the ropes and gets Torrie in an armbar. Dawn knees Torrie in the chest.

Pin #1 (by Dawn)- 1-2-kickout. Too quick into the match to say anything.

Dawn slams Torrie's arm into the ground.

Pin #2 (by Dawn)- 1-2-kickout. See pin #1.

Dawn gets in some forearm shots and goes for an irish whip, which is ducked by Torrie, but she still gets flapjacked into the mat. Torrie gets irish whipped into the corner, but in a very ugly sequence, blocks the irish whip by putting her foot up before she can hit the turnbuckle and stalls until Dawn and Torrie have an ugly collision. They both get up and Torrie gets a backslide.

Pin #3 (by Torrie)- 1-2-kickout. Who cares anymore? There's not much selling here to judge.

Dawn gets an armdrag, and Torrie does too. Torrie whips her into the corner, but Dawn gets a springboard clothesline. Dawn picks her up and whips her into the ropes, but Torrie blocks that with a kick and gets a swinging neckbreaker.

Pin #4 (by Torrie)- 1-2-3.

Winner: Torrie Wilson

What resulted out of this: Torrie Wilson in more bikini contests, and the Gooker Award for Worst Storyline of the Year.

My review: Ugggggh. I'm sure they tried..but it just wasn't very good. A idiotic angle to begin with, it just was a total waste of a perfectly fine canvas. And that poor ref. That poor, poor, ref. DUD. Thankfully, it was quick. But it sure wasn't painless.

TOMORROW:

Edge vs. Booker T- WrestleMania X8

OR

(both are already done)

One fall- Edge vs. Booker T

Date/Place- Toronto, Ontario- 3/17/02

Ref- Teddy Long

Booker T, no longer concerned with wrestling storylines, wanted to be in a shampoo commercial. Too bad, because Edge got the deal. Booker T wanted revenge on that sucka. Hey, you're lucky it's not Shampoo on a Pole.

Character Related Info: Booker T, still having heat for being on the WCW side during the invasion, wants you to know he's a five time WCW champion. Edge is just a goof, who developed a bit of a more serious side after his bro Christian turned on him.

What this match is most known for: Booker's first WrestleMania, Edge's big night in his hometown, and two grown men wanting to be in a shampoo commercial. Face- Edge, Heel- Booker

The Match: Booker T tries to intimidate Edge. They lock up and Booker and Edge tumble around on the ropes. Punches are traded, and Booker gets a shoulder knockdown. Edge gets up to trade various reversals and gets in a dropkick, and then something that almost seemed like a bulldog variation. Punches by Edge, and then an irish whip which is reversed, and Edge's neck is draped on the ropes. He turns around for an spin kick.

Pin #1 (by Booker)- 1-2-kickout. Edge isn't really phased this far in.

Booker clotheslines him over the ropes, and then dives and elbows Edge on the back. Booker T rolls Edge in and goes up top. JR starts rambling about Hogan and Rock or something, and suddenly hits a high note as Booker T hits a missile dropkick off the top.

Pin #2 (by Booker)- 1-2-kickout. It's been mostly Booker so far, and if he keeps this up, Edge is going to have a hard time kicking out.

Booker picks Edge up and hits a punch to the face. He chops Edge in the corner and hits various punches. Kicks-a-plenty to the midsection, which are accentuated by Booker going "THWAAH!" Booker takes his time to beat on Edge, so Edge reverses and hits a loud chop and goes for the irish whip, but it's reversed into a very nice spinebuster by Booker.

Pin #3 (by Booker)- 1-2-kickout. Edge isn't looking too good so far.

Booker goes up top, but Edge crotches him. Edge hits a forearm shot to Booker, and a punch or two, and goes up top for a Frankensteiner. Edge does it well, but Booker doesn't really fly forwards, and just tumbles on to Edge's back. That could have been a lot worse, considering the danger of hurricanrana spots. They take their time to get up, but Booker's okay. Edge goes for a punch, which is blocked by Booker, who gets in an irish whip which is reversed into a spinning heel kick. Edge gets several clotheslines, and tries to go for another, but Booker blocks it and sets up for the scissors kick. His attempt is missed, and Edge hits his Edge-o-Matic or whatever trademark move he has at this time, and goes for the pin.

Pin #4 (by Edge)- 1-2-kickout. Edge is fighting back, but he'll have to bust out more of his trademark maneuvers if he wants to get the "W".

Edge heads to the top and hits a spinning heel kick.

Pin #5 (by Edge)- 1-2-kickout. Same as last time.

Edge tries to whip him into the corner and goes for a running tackle into the corner, but Booker leapfrogs and rolls through with the cover. It's very easy to botch that move, but luckily, didn't happen here.

Pin #6 (by Booker) 1--Edge rolls out. That kind of move doesn't take much damage before hand to get the victory, it just takes skill. He almost caught him off guard, but Edge was able to get out before it was too late.

Edge rolls out and gets the slingshot into the corner, and then goes for a Spear, which misses. Booker then hits the axe kick and the Spinaroonie of Doom. Booker then goes for the scissors kick, and takes a while to make the cover. JR then says he tried a spinaroonie on his porch. I know he was just kidding, but the thought of that man attempting a spinaroonie would make Booker T weep.

Pin #7 (by Booker)- 1-2-kickout. Had Booker not taken so much time to get the pin, it likely would have been over.

Booker attempts the Book End but is taken down. Edge then hits the spear.

Pin #8 (by Edge)- 1-2-kickout. VERY close to being over, Teddy Long had almost finished slamming his hand to the mat.

Edge gets up in a very weird fashion dragging his head on the ground in the way a dog's ass would, and then attempts a spinaroonie. It was Perfectly Acceptable Spinarooning, but the finish dragged it down. **3/4. Edge then goes for the Edge-o_cution DDT, but Booker gets out of it, tries for a spin kick, but Edge gets out and hits the Edge-o-cution.

Pin #9 (by Edge)- 1-2-3. Edge wins.

Winner: Edge

What resulted out of this: Edge continued on to a program with Kurt Angle where he was established as one of SmackDown's top superstars. He was one of the SmackDown six and provided many quality matches later on in the year. Booker T joined the nWo, was kicked out (literally) and teamed up with Goldust, broke up, lost a WrestleMania World Title match, got injured, came back, and is expected to retire not too far from now. Oh, and Jerry Lawler would like me to remind you that he got arrested.

My review- This was a good match, with some close nearfalls and just all-around fun action. Glad to see Edge pick up the win in his hometown. ***1/4

Also:

Expect reviews from the Ric Flair DVD soon.

TOMORROW:

Brock Lesnar vs. The Rock- WWE Undisputed Title- SummerSlam 2002

OR

Hulk Hogan vs. The Rock- WrestleMania X-8

Summerslam 2002 - Brock Lesnar vs Rock

And cool, just finished the 1st DVD of the Flair Trio today(Just got it today heh) and the Flair vs Windham match is just awesome.

Just got it too, watching Flair/Race right now. Great DVD so far.

WWE Undisputed Title: The Rock © vs. Brock Lesnar with Paul Heyman

Date/Place- Long Island, New York- 8/25/03

Ref- Mike Chioda

Commentators- Michael Cole and Tazz

Brock Lesnar, who has been pushed to the moon, won the King of the Ring, becoming the number one contender for the Heayvweight Title at SummerSlam. The previous month, The Rock won the Undisputed Title in a triple-threat match. If Brock wins this match and the title, the "Next Big Thing" will become the youngest WWE champion, ever.

Character Related Info: Brock Lesnar is the monster who took out Hulk Hogan. Brock also has loudmouth Paul Heyman by his side. The Rock is the babyface with the witty catchphrases, and has #1 hit movies. Heel- Brock, Face- Rock

What this match is most known for: Brock Lesnar's first ever World Title win, and Rock's last match until No Way Out 2003.

The Match: Rock charges the ring and this shiat is on. Rock gets right hands, but Brock gets in a huge belly-to-belly.

Pin #1 (by Brock)- 1-2-kickout. Offense like this is what's going to give Brock the victory.

Brock picks Rock up and hits a few backbreakers.

Pin #2 (by Brock)- 1-2-shoulder up. Working on those injured ribs is going to help.

Brock rams his shoulder into Rock's ribs and knees him through the second rope. Paul kicks Rock in the ribs on the outside. Rock crawls around on the outside, where Brock clotheslines him into the crowd. Brock picks Rock up and drapes him over the barricade. Brock rolls Rock back into the ring, and belly to belly suplexes him.

Pin #3 (by Brock)- 1-2-kickout. Brock's dominated so far.

Rock tries to mount a comeback, but is tripped by Heyman. Brock drops a few elbows on him, and Paul Heyman chokes Rock while the ref is distracted. Brock picks Rock up, but Rock battles back with punches. Brock whips him into the ropes. Brock tries to back body drop him, but Rock kicks him and gets all cocky. Not too smart, as Brock just slams him into the ground.

Pin #4 (by Brock)- 1-2-kickout. Brock's really mounting an offense here, and if it continues like this, Rock's not going to be leaving with the title.

"Rocky sucks" chant. Not as good as "Die, Rocky, Die!", but it works. Brock punches him into the corner and rams him a few times. Brock charges headfirst into Rock's ribs once, but the second time misses. Rock's selling the injured ribs. Back suplex, and both men are down. "Rocky sucks!" Both men kip up at the same time. Very cool. Rock bounces off the ropes, and tries to clothesline Lesnar down. Lesnar won't fall over. Tries again. Same thing. So Rock bounces off the ropes again and avoids a Lesnar clothesline, and smashes him with the forearm.

Pin #5 (by Rock)- 1-2-shoulder up. Rock's starting to mount a comeback, and Brock's starting to wear down, he seemingly was quite winded after all those offensive moves.

Rock gets in the sharpshooter, but Heyman distracts. Rock punches him down, and Rock does an ugly looking leg drag on Brock into the sharpshooter. Brock stays in it for quite a long time, but Paul Heyman distracts the ref. Rock lets go and takes out Heyman. Brock smashes Rock in the ribs with a chair Rock broke in. Rock's not using tape to sell the ribs. DDP would be ashamed. Brock locks Rock in the bear hug, the original Brock Lock before he started using the stretch muffler. Rock tries to get out, so Brock takes him down with a back suplex, still holding it in. Lesnar rolls over and Rock's shoulders are down. "Let's go Lesnar!"

Pin #6 (by Brock)- 1-2-shoulder up. Maybe if Lesnar gets it in for a longer amount of time, Rock won't be able to get out of sequences like that.

Lesnar rolls over.

Pin #7 (by Brock)- 1-2-shoulder up. See #6.

Brock waves to the crowd for some support, so they stop the "Let's go Lesnar!" chant, and move to "Rocky sucks!" That's gotta make Rock proud. Rock's starting to fade. Arm checked by the ref..down once..down twice..and Rock gets the arm up to boos, so Rock makes some mean faces directed at the crowd. Brock picks Rock up and continues the hold, put Rock punches out. "Rocky" chants begin, for once. Rock continues to punch, and punch..so Heyman distracts the ref. Rock hits a low blow while the ref isn't looking, and here comes the Rock heel faces. He gawks at the crowd, and Lesnar drives him into the corner. Charges, and shoulders Rock in the ribs. Those ribs have taken a lot of abuse. Rock explodes out of the corner, and punches Rock over the ropes. Rock climbs out to "Let's go, Lesnar". Rock then takes the lid off the spanish announce table, and takes out Brock. Brock gets slingshotted into the steel post. Very nice. Rock takes care of Paul Heyman's interference once and for all, and Rock Bottoms him through the announce table. Brock rolls back in. Some little girl in the audience starts waving and screaming for "ROOOCKIIIEEE". So the audience starts telling Rocky that he sucks. People in the front row start pointing their fingers at the Rock while chanting it, and Rock looks pissed. Rock rolls back in the ring, and gets in the stance for the Rock Bottom. He gets a Rock Bottom!

Pin #8 (by Rock) 1-2-kickout! Lesnar kicks out of the Rock Bottom. That could have been the end.

Rock goes to pick Lesnar back up, but gets Brock Bottomed.

Pin #9 (by Brock) 1-2-kickout. If Lesnar had have mounted more offense before doing that, it might have been over.

Lesnar and Rock take a while to get up. Lesnar whips Rock into the ropes, but he gets spinebustered. Here comes the most electrifying mov--HUUUUUGE lariat by Brock that just sends Rock loopy. Here comes the F-5!--which Rock counters and gets in some right hands. Rock pulls him close for a Rock Bottom, which is reversed into the F-5 position..and Brock hits it!

Pin #10 (by Brock) 1---2---3! New Undisputed Champion.

The crowd goes insane, and there's a new Undisputed Champ.

Winner: Brock Lesnar

What resulted out of this: Brock Lesnar held the title until Paul Heyman turned on him, but eventually regained it. The Rock went off to make the Rundown, and came back to pro wrestling as a heel.

My review: Excellent match with many near-falls and some close action. Rock's injured ribs came into play and that was the point of attack for Lesnar. Lesnar dominated for a lot of the match, but Rock was able to make some great comebacks. Personally, I'd give it **** for the match, the awesome buildup (and the vignettes with both men training), and Brock's overall run from Vengeance 2002 to SummerSlam. Great ending to close off a great PPV.

Since today's a free day for me, I'm willing to do another review.

TODAY- You pick the match. It's a ****+ extravaganza! (Warning: Some matches may not be ****+ depending on personal opinion.) :

Razor Ramon vs. Shawn Michaels- Ladder Match, WM X

Mankind vs. Shawn Michaels- Mind Games

Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels- Hell in a Cell

Angle vs. Benoit- Royal Rumble 2003

Angle vs. Lesnar- WM X-9

First person to reply gets their match chosen.

TOMORROW:

In Honor of the Dudleyz/Evolution Table Match at Royal Rumble..

Ric Flair vs. HHH- Heavyweight Title, Greenville, S.C.

OR

Dudleyz vs. Storm/Regal- Royal Rumble 2003.

Both of those are already completed.

So, vote away, please.

By the way that last match was on Long Island not in Greenville..........

Do UT vs. Shawn at Bad Blood in Hell in a Cell.

By the way that last match was on Long Island not in Greenville..........

Do UT vs. Shawn at Bad Blood in Hell in a Cell.

Whoops, I forgot to edit that. (I use the formatting of the previous match I wrote and use it for the next match. Last one I did before the SummerSlam match was the Flair/HHH match which did take place in Greenville.)

Hell in the Cell, Non-Title- Shawn Michaels (European Champion) with Triple H, Rick Rude and Chyna vs. The Undertaker

Date/Place- St. Louis, Missouri- 10/5/97

Ref- Earl Hebner

Commentators- Vince McMahon, Jerry Lawler and Jim Ross

Undertaker and Shawn Michaels have been feuding ever since Shawn Michaels cost Undertaker his heavyweight title at SummerSlam. Shawn Michaels and Undertaker wrestled to a no contest at the previous month's pay-per-view, and it's been decided that this must end once and for all inside the Hell in the Cell. The cell was designed to punish Michaels, because now he has no escape from The Undertaker.

Character Related Info: Undertaker loves to inflict punishment on his opponents. Meanwhile, he was in a horrible fire many years ago which killed his brother, "Kain" (as it was spelled back then). Paul Bearer has come back to haunt him with tales of how his brother survived. Undertaker doesn't believe it. Shawn Michaels is a degenerate along with Triple H. Both men don't follow the rules, and constantly talk smack. Heel- Shawn Michaels, Face- The Undertaker

What this match is most known for: The debut of Kane, and the first ever Hell in a Cell match.

The Match: Undertaker slowly follows Shawn Michaels around the ring. Michaels bounces off the ropes, but walks into a big boot. Undertaker picks Michaels up and slams him into the turnbuckle. Michaels tries to get out of the ring, but Undertaker brings him back in and rams him into the turnbuckle again. Undertaker whips him into the ropes, and gets him in a chokehold, but Michaels punches out. Michaels punches in the corner, and has a whip reversed into the turnbuckle. Michaels turns around and gets an Undertaker clothesline.

Pin #1 (by Undertaker)- 1-2-kickout. Shawn Michaels' not to worn down yet.

Undertaker grabs him by the arm and rams his shoulder into his for a while. He then does his rope walking manuever, which is now known as "goin' Old School." Undertaker chokes out Michaels with his foot and picks him up. This match is quite slow paced so far. Undertaker bodyslams him and gets a legdrop.

Pin #2 (by The Undertaker)- 1-2-kickout. Not too worn down yet in the early stages of the match.

Michaels takes a back body drop and almost lands on his head. Michaels walks into some punches and is thrown outside of the ring. Undertaker follows and lifts him, choking him against the cage. Michaels tries climbing on the inside layer of the cage, but Undertaker drags him back down and Michaels takes a fall. Undertaker lifts him up (still outside of the ring, mind you) and takes a whip into the steel mesh. Ugh. He turns around for a nasty clothesline. Undertaker does it again to Michaels, and Michaels is looking pretty tired already. Undertaker slams Michael's head on the side of the ring and tries for a powerbomb into the ringpost. Michaels gets out of it by battling back with punches while holding onto the cage, but gets powerbombed into the mesh anyways. Undertaker picks Michaels up..slooowly...and tosses Michaels into the ringpost which makes a nasty sound. Undertaker does some "THWAA" punches and rams Michaels into the ringpost..then the steel..then the ringpost..then the steel. Michaels is gettin' his ass whooped. Undertaker picks Michaels up and scoops him..and tries to ram him into the cage, but hops off. He tries to push 'Taker into the steel, but Undertaker turns around and mows him down with a clothesline. Michaels' head gets rammed into the ringsteps, and then gets an elbow. Undertaker chokes him with his big boot and then picks him up. He whips Michaels into the steel but Michaels bounces off the cage and mounts Undertaker with punches. Michaels crawls back in the ring and takes a breather. Undertaker punches from the ring apron, but gets in an ace crusher onto the top rope and Michaels flies back. Michaels shoulderblocks him from the ringapron to the steel. Michaels flies through the ropes and takes Undertaker down. Michaels climbs the inside of the cage and drops an elbow. Michaels launches himself at Undertaker through the ringapron. Michaels picks up the steel steps and rams them into Undertaker's back and side. He picks Undertaker up and goes for a piledriver on part of the steps..and hits it! Very nasty, Undertaker's skull got bashed. "Rest in piece!" chant. Michaels drops onto the Undertaker from the ring apron and waits inside the ring. Michaels climbs to the top rope and double-axe handles Undertaker as he waits between the ring and the inside of the cage. Michaels picks Undertaker up, and the two head back inside the ring. Michaels climbs out and gets a chair, and slams it onto Undertaker's back. Michaels gets the chair again and repeats.

Pin #3 (by Michaels) 1-2-shoulder up. Undertaker's taken some nasty punishment, but he *IS* the Phenom.

Undertaker takes some punches in the corner, but starts fighting back. Michaels regains the upper hand and wraps up Undertaker's arms in the ropes. Michaels lays into him with punches, and charges but gets a big boot. Michaels charges but takes a back body drop into a stagehand. Michaels punches him in the face and stomps away. Too scared to fight the Undertaker, but hell, he can beat the crap out of a stagehand. Undertaker gets back out of the ring and gets a double axe handle. They need help for the cameraman. Michaels hits the forearm and does the kip up of doom. Michaels looks to slingshot Undertaker, but nope. He goes to the top rope and drops the elbow. The cage is opened so they can get some help for the injured camera dude. Michaels warms up the foot for Sweet Chin Music and hits it. Undertaker then sits up, no-selling it. 'Taker's pissed. Michaels dives out and the two rush outside of the cage while the cameraman is recieving medical attention. They might need to bring that stretcher back soon. Undertaker hammers Michaels with punches, but Michaels fights back and dropkicks Undertaker on the outside of the cage. Undertaker regains the upper hand and slingshots Michaels into the cage. HBK does a bladejob, but it's NOTHING compared to what Undertaker would do six years later, also in a Hell in the Cell. Undertaker rams him headfirst into the cell twice, but Michaels makes it out. Michaels tries to get away, and climbs up the cage. Undertaker pursues and tries to drag him back down, but Michaels kicks him down. Michaels makes it up to the top of the cage. Undertaker follows, and Michaels tries for a piledriver. Too bad for Michaels, as he takes a backbodydrop into the mesh. Undertaker grinds his face into the cage..and then press slams him. Michaels tries to climb down the cage, but Undertaker grabs a hold of him. Undertaker and Michaels have a tug of war for a while, and Undertaker lays into him with punches. Undertaker stomps on Michaels' hands that are holding the top of the cage, and Michaels takes the plunge into an announce table. All right. Michaels actually gets up pretty quickly, considering, and Undertaker tosses him into various tables (none of them break. Ouch). Undertaker follows Michaels around the cell and back inside, and tosses him back into the ring. It looks like it's gonna be over here. Man, Michaels is busted open. Undertaker bounces off the ropes and does a nice clothesline, and then goes into suplex position and crotches Michaels on the ropes. Undertaker chokeslams Shawn Michaels from the top, but doesn't go for the pin. Undertaker goes to the outside and finds a chair from under the ring. Retribution. Shawn Michaels turns around..for an awesome chairshot to the head. Here comes the Tombstone Piledriver..but wait. The lights go out, and some never-heard-before music. Paul Bearer accompanies someone who clearly, has gotta be Kane, to ringside. Undertaker looks on in disbelief. Kane ribs the door off its hinges. Undertaker is still shocked, and Kane stares into Undertaker's eyes. Undertaker can't understand why Isaac Yankem is still around. Kane drops the arms, signaling pyro..it doesn't really go off with a "bang", but it's understandable. Kane kicks him in the gut and tombstones him. Kane flicks his hair back, and he leaves with Paul Bearer. That had to have been Kane. Shawn Michaels crawls over..and pins. Earl Hebner makes the count..

Pin #4 (by Shawn Michaels)- 1----2----3. Michaels wins.

Winner: Shawn Michaels

Michaels is helped to the back by Triple H, Rick Rude and a very manly Chyna.

What resulted out of this: Shawn Michaels got a Heavyweight Title shot the next month, which resulted in the infamous Montreal "screwjob". He won the title until suffering a back injury (also against the Undertaker), and dropping the title to Steve Austin, not wrestling again (unless you count a TWA match against Venom) for another 4 1/2 years. He came back and quickly regained the title. Undertaker feuded with his brother Kane, resulting in a match at WrestleMania 14, and their love/hate relationship has been rocky for some time now. Kane recently buried his brother alive at Surivor Series. Yikes.

My review: Slow-paced, methodical action at the beginning turned all gangbusters at the end. Both men sure did take a beating, but were allowed enough time to recover. Likely the best Hell in the Cell ever, Undertaker did put on a damn fine performance here. Kane making his debut was pretty memorable, as well. For it's time, this is quite amazing. I'd have to go ****1/2 here. All the cool kids are doin' it.

Feedback (on the play by play, and my rating of the match) is highly welcomed, and in fact, demanded. :angry:

Alright, it's not demanded, but please leave your choice for tomorrow's match. (see above for details)

It's 12:06, so it's already Sunday. Here's the review you asked for:

WWE World Heavyweight Title: Triple H © vs. Ric Flair

Date/Place- Greenville, South Carolina.- 5/19/03

Ref- ??

Triple H and Ric Flair were put into a match for that night. Hunter told his Evolution buddy just to lay down for him. Shawn Michaels put some confidence into Ric Flair, telling him that the sixteen time champ could win the big one again. Ric Flair told Hunter he's not laying down for anybody.

Character Related Info: Triple H is the top man on RAW, holding the title for an amazingly long period of time. Ric Flair's the legend who's a limo ridin', jet flyin' son of a gun. Both are in Evolution. Usually, Ric Flair's a heel, but tonight, he's a face. Heel- HHH

What this match is most known for: Ric Flair's awesome promo leading up to the match, and the celebration for Flair afterwards.

The Match: JR has some faith in Ric Flair, so Jerry Lawler responds with "Mickey Mantle's dead." Yes, but it doesn't help the situation. Flair offers HHH a handshake, but instead slicks his hair back. Triple H responds by grappling flair and driving him into the corner. HHH corners Flair, and the hold is broken. HHH woos, so Flair pokes him in the eyes and hits various chops. Flair whips HHH into the ropes, which is reversed into an elbow by Hunter. HHH goes for a suplex, but his poor ribs hurt. Aww. So Flair chops in the corner, and irish whips back into the same corner, and HHH does his own Flair tribute by doing a flip-over bump to the floor. Not as good as Flair's. Flair suplexes HHH on the outside, and chops Hunter while he lies on the security railing. Flair does a stalling suplex, which is pretty impressive considering the length of time he holds him up there.

Pin #1 (by Flair)- 1-2-kickout. Doing moves to HHH's injured ribs may help, as seen there.

Flair picks Hunter up and chops. Flair irish whips, which is reversed into a HHH spinebuster. Triple H's gut still hurts due to a table bump he took the previous night, supposedly. HHH goes from punching to stomping in the corner and chokes Flair with both his foot and his hands. Dastardly. Lawler makes a Mantle reference again. Flair fights back with chops, but Hunter keeps punching back. Flair gets the upper hand, but Hunter knees out and whips Flair into the corner, where he does his patented flip over the turnbuckle, but manages to land on the apron where he quickly runs across to the other turnbuckle and axe-handles HHH. That's how you do it. Flair punches and punches and chops. Flair does the almighty strut and picks Hunter up. He bounces off the ropes and takes out Hunter's knee. Here comes the Figure-4. It's locked in and Triple H sells it like mad, screaming and yelling even though it's his ribs that should be worked upon if he wanted to sell like that. Triple H continues the screaming and moaning. I think to get into the character needed for this situation, he imagined Stephanie with Ric Flair's breasts, 20 years from now. Triple H eventually gets the ropes, so Flair lets go. Flair kicks to the knee and chops into the turnbuckle. Hunter punches out of the corner, and Flair gets MORE chops. How many chops can a man take? Hunter goes for a sleeper, but knocks out the ref. Uh oh. Hunter does a knee smash and goes outside to get the title. Ref takes a nap. Hunter tries to slam the title into Flair's face, but Flair ducks and thumbs him in the eyes, and low blows him. Good ol' Flair. Flair hits Hunter in the head with the belt, and.. Lawler wants you to know that once again, Mickey Mantle's still dead and if he saw this, he'd turn over in his grave. Actually, I think he'd just turn the channel.

Pin #2 (by Flair)- 1---2---OHNOWHYWHYDIDHEKICKOUTOHMY. So close, yet so far.

Flair goes for the Figure Four, but he gets booted into the turnbuckle, where he turns around for a Pedigree set up. Flair gets out and tries for his own Pedigree, but gets a back body drop and here's the *kick* *wham* *You job now*.

Winner: Triple H

After the match, the superstars come down and do a really classy tribute to Flair.

What resulted out of this: Ric Flair re-sided with Triple H, and started a feud with Shawn Michaels. Triple H won his next feud, but eventually lost the title to Goldberg.

My review: It was good, but not really RAW main event quality. They didn't get too much time, nor near-falls, and it wasn't as suspensful as it could have been. Flair could have worked on the injured ribs more, but it was all for naught as Hunter was to retain. Decent match, hot crowd gives it **1/2, or a B- grade.

AND: Don't say I never did you any favours, so here's what you get:

WWF World Title Quarterfinals- The Rock vs. Big Bossman

Date/Place- St. Louis, Missouri- 11/15/98

Ref- ??

Commentators- (Michael Cole?) and Jerry Lawler

Rock and HHH were scheduled to meet in the Survivor Series: Deadly Games quarterfinals after the title was held up at the Break Down: In Your House Pay-Per-View, but Triple H was out with an injury. Bossman had already wrestled that night, losing by disqualification, but was allowed back.

Character Related Info: Bossman's the Corporation henchman, the tough law enforcer. The Rock is the People's Champ who just had the Nation turn on him. Rock- face, Bossman- heel

What this match is most known for: Bossman's excellent goatee styling

The Match: Bossman runs into an inside cradle.

Pin #1 (by The Rock)- 1-2-3.

Winner: The Rock

Rock wins a grueling battle.

What resulted out of this: The Rock eventually won the tournament when Vince McMahon revealed The Rock's alliance with the Corporation, and then proceeded to become the top face in the WWF within a year and a half. Within a year and a half, Bossman had fried a dog and wrote a poem about the Big Show's dead father.

My review: Man, this should have been MOTY for '98. The Hell in the Cell was garbage other than Foley's bumps! Jeez.

Monday-

Won't have time to do a new review, so..

You get:

PLUS

Dudleyz vs. Lance Storm and William Regal- Royal Rumble 2003.

Two for the price of one!

After that, it's all new reviews.

Very sorry I wasn't able to reply before, but here they are now..

WWE Tag Team Titles: Lance Storm and William Regal © vs. Dudley Boyz

Date/Place- Boston, Mass.- 1/19/03

Ref- ??

After the Dudleyz cost Storm and Regal a match against JR and Jerry Lawler, the champs decided to get revenge, using the brass knuckles to bust open Buh Buh Ray Dudley. Dudleyz were looking for revenge, and the tag team straps.

Character Related Info: Storm and Regal coasted off their Un-Americans heat long after the group split up. Regal's a silly ol' fop who uses his patented brass knuckles to besmirch his opponents. The Dudleyz are fan favourites again, and they luuurrve putting people through tables.

What this match is most known for: The Dudleyz' first title win since regrouping at Survivor Series 2002.

The Match: Buh Buh and Lance start off, with the two doing routine sideheadlocks, I-block-your hiptoss-you-block-mine-I-hit-mine, etc. Buh Buh (or Bubba, if you prefer), gets in some punches and chops in the corner. He hits Storm with what looked like a variation of the Baldo Bomb, I guess. Regal runs in, but it doesn't work and Buh Buh makes the tag after some quick leg work. D-Von whips Storm into the ropes and hits an elbow, but Storm soon gets in some offense and is able to make the tag to Regal. Regal gets some punches by D-Von, and D-Von gets in an elbow drop after a body slam.

Pin #1 (by D-Von, on Regal)- 1-2-kickout. Regal's not too hurt yet.

D-Von punches away in the corner, and takes down Storm. D-Von hits an Irish whip and charges, but Regal moves out of the way and D-Von is clotheslined. D-Von takes some offense in the corner and Regal gets in a tossing suplex variation.

Pinfall #2 (by Regal, on D-Von)- 1-2-kickout. Not much effect, but D-Von could be worn down quite soon.

Regal makes the tag and they do some double team offense to D-Von. Storm hits an irish whip and a back elbow.

Pin #3 (by Storm, on D-Von)- 1-2-kickout. They keep trying for pins, but it's not working.

Storm trips D-Von and makes the tag. That was fast. Regal knees D-Von in the stomach, rolls him over and proceeds to monkey flip D-Von. Tag to Storm. I guess they're just taking breathers now. Storm with a choke, doesn't do much, D-Von wants to make the tag. Storm gets a resthold to build up to the hot tag in and here comes the "USA" chants. D-Von tries to battle back, but Storm gets a sleeperhold. Storm yells "HE'S DONE!", which is the first time I've ever heard Storm use anger in his voice. Buh Buh gets the clap going..and D-Von battles out of the sleeper with a snap mare, and Buh Buh gets a shot in on Storm. Buh Buh gets the tag and proceeds to clothesline Storm and Regal. Buh Buh hits a huge back body drop on Storm, and splashes both he and Regal in the corner. Regal is tossed over the top and Buh Buh hits a sidewalk slam.

Pin #4 (by Buh Buh, on Storm)- 1--2--kickout. Pretty close there, almost caught Storm. Buh Buh is a raging animal. Or maybe he just smells like one.

Buh Buh goes for an irish whip, which is reversed by Storm, to which Buh Buh gets the go-around and german suplexes Storm.

Pin #5 (by Buh Buh, on Storm) 1-2-kickout. Storm's starting to weardown, but not just yet. Buh Buh needs to get some double-teaming in.

Regal runs in, but is tackled by Buh Buh. Buh Buh does the Groin Grabbing Punches of Doom, but elbows Regal instead. Storm tries to hit Buh Buh, but it's reversed into the Buh Buh Bomb, which JR calls "A BUBBA SLAM!"

Pin #6 (by Buh Buh, on Storm) 1-2-Regal breaks up the count. Could have been over right here.

Regal jumps Buh Buh and gets in some shots. Irish whip by Regal, to which D-Von gets a Blind Tag. "Wazzup?" spot. Looks to be a 3-D, but it's just a flapjack.

Pin #7 (by D-Von on Storm) 1--2--kickout. Storm somehow made it out.

Dudleyz go for the 3-D, but Morley comes out and provides the distraction. Regal puts the knucks on during this, and tries to hit Buh Buh, but turns around for a 3-D. Right hand to Morley, and D-Von puts the knucks on, nails Storm and pins.

Pin #8 (by D-Von on Storm) 1--2--3. Dudleyz win.

Winners: Dudley Boyz

What resulted out of this: Regal and Storm regained the tag belts, but Regal came down with a odd virus that's kept him out of action ever since, Storm joined forces with Sean Morley (Val Venis), lost the titles and was given a "boring" gimmick. Not a good idea. But at least he dances now. The Dudleyz' stale act has gone on ever since, with them once again winning the tag team title belts--and losing them.

My review: Their program was stale at that point, so finally, with the Dudleyz winning, you'd think it would be over with. Unfortunately, it went on for another 3 months. Match wasn't anything special, but it wasn't offensive. Good work by Storm, and the rest held up. I'd go **1/2, which is just average.

AND

WWE Hardcore Championship- Hardcore rules (No DQ, No Countout, Falls Count Anywhere)- Maven© vs. Goldust

Date/Place- Toronto, Ontario- 3/17/02

Ref- ??

Maven and Goldust fight over a worthless title. Hilarity ensues.

Character Related Info: Goldust recently returned at the Royal Rumble, having been gone from WWE for several years. Maven is the green rookie who won the men's division of Tough Enough numero uno. Goldust and Maven are battling over the Hardcore Title in this match, yet anyone is allowed to run down and, under the 24/7 rule, pin the current champion and win the title. Why? Just..because. Maven- face, Goldust- heel

What this match is most known for: Maven's first WrestleMania, Goldust's last, and the fact that WrestleMania put this match on the card.

The Match: Maven tries to get in the ring, but Goldust knocks him off. Goldust kicks and punches him in the ribs, and does a sickening upside-down toss to Maven, into the security wall. He then gets up on the ring apron, and does a elbow to Maven while he lies on the security railing. Goldust soon picks up a cookie sheet and whacks Maven with it. He rolls Maven back in the ring, and slingshots him into a trash can (which is spray-painted gold in a fitting touch). He misses the center of the trashcan and just hits the corner, in what seemed to be an error of some sort. So Maven gets up, tosses Goldust a trashcan, and does a dropkick, trying to knock the can into Goldust's head. Didn't really..do much. It just sort of made a "clang" sound, bounced around, and fell to the ground.

Pin #1 (by Maven)- 1-2-kickout. Didn't really do much.

Maven picks Goldust up, Goldust breaks free and hits him in the gut and goes for a suplex which is reversed into a cradle.

Pin #2 (by Maven)- 1-2-kickout. No effect.

Goldust hits a neckbreaker and pins.

Pin #3 (by Goldust)- 1-2-kickout. Nothing really lead up to it..he just hit a neckbreaker. Didn't really phase Maven.

Goldust picks Maven up and looks to go for a suplex, but drops him on his stomach. Stomachbuster? You don't really see that move too often. Goldust rolls outside the ring and picks up a shovel. It's spraypainted gold, mind you. Goldust gets up on the ringapron, and kicks the front of the shovel..driving the handle into Maven's throat. Goldust beats on Maven in the corner, and irish whips him into a garbage can that was set up between the ropes.

Pin #4 (by Goldust) 1-2-kickout. Maven seems to be woozy now.

The two get up and hit trash can shots on eachother, both are out. Spike Dudley dives into the ring and pins. It gets 3.

Winner: Spike Dudley (via 24/7 rule)

Crash Holly chases after Spike, wanting the title.

What resulted out of this: Goldust soon turned face and alligned himself with Booker T. Booker T and Goldust made quite the impressive tag team..until they were split up. Afterwards, Goldust didn't have much to do..so he got himself electrocuted. After taking time off due to injury, he was released. Maven lacks a push, and you can still see him sometimes wrestling on RAW, but he's mostly a Sunday Night Heat mainstay.

My review- This was just a waste of time, and, like every other year, a match that is added to WrestleMania for no apparent reason. Why not just put it on RAW? This gets a 1/2* just because of the gold-painted weapons.

There has been some discussion about which Royal Rumble was better. The 1992 one, or the 2004 one. Well, we'll find out when YOU vote for your favourite of the two, and I review it (if the damn forums would work). So, dear reader, I ask you:

Which Rumble was Better?

RR 1992- Ric Flair wins

OR

RR 2004- Chris Benoit wins

Sorry there's been no reviews yet, I'm still having troubles accessing the forums on a regular basis since last Sunday.

I think the IWC exploded when Benoit won the Rumble.

Howdy dudes. Due to some technical issues, I haven't been able to post in the last month. Hopefully, things will get sorted out and the Match Reviews will continue.

Once a Day Match Review is back!

Street Fight, Hulkamania on the Line- Vince McMahon vs. Hulk Hogan

Date/Place- Seattle, Wash.- 3/30/03

Ref- Brian Hebner

Commentators- Michael Cole and Tazz

This is a match 20 years in the making, or so they'd have you believe. Hulk Hogan made Vince McMahon huge bucks during the '80s, but when he fizzled out in the early '90s, he headed over to enemy territory, WCW. Hogan was lured back to WWE camp in 2002 once WCW was dead, but left after a short period of time. Hogan came back in January 2003, and Vince McMahon got all up in his business by costing him his match vs. Rocky. If Hogan loses, he must quit WWE forever.

Character Related Info: Vince McMahon is the asshole chairman of WWE. Hulk Hogan is the superhuman money-making babyface.  Heel- Vince, Face- Hogan

What this match is most known for: Vince McMahon's legdrop which started one of the greatest posts in TSM history (you can find it in the TSM Classics folder)

The Match: Slap from McMahon.

Hogan with a takedown, and punches. Hogan with a boot across the face, and then hits McMahon with some rights. Whip into the ropes and a clothesline from Hogan. More punches. Vince McMahon has been blocking most of his punches. Whip into the corner, and Hogan starts to get some good shots in. Boots in the corner, and a choke. McMahon gets in an elbow, and a nice clothesline. He kicks Hogan in the gut while Hogan's on all fours, and takes him into the corner. McMahon knees him multiple times, and then hits some elbows. McMahon starts jabbing him, and Hogan stumbles out of the corner, but is taken down. McMahon extends Hogan's arm, and starts kneeing the joint of Hogan's arm. Hammerlock by Vince McMahon. Continues to work on the arm when he rolls out of the ring and whips it into the post. McMahon puts Hogan in a test of strength. Hogan, by the power of the Hulkamaniacs, starts to get up. So McMahon kicks him low. Test of strength continues, and Hogan still continues to try to get up. Hogan gets up and with fingers still interlocked, smashes his chest into Vince's several times. Hogan's trying to get out, but gets low blowed. This is pretty long for a test of strength. Hogan's finally starting to Hulk up, but McMahon kicks low AGAIN and tosses him out of the ring. Damn, that was long. McMahon goes to the outside and puts him in a half-nelson. Hogan's then tossed into the ringpost, and McMahon flexes his pecs. Eat it, Hogan. McMahon finds a chair at ringside, and tries to use it, but chair hits steel. Hogan doges it, whips McMahon into the ring post, and gets the chair. The crowd goes BANANA! Hogan gets the chair..and WAFFLES Vince over the head (he takes it like a man, doesn't block). Ouch. That's gonna hurt. So Hogan picks it up again...and raises it up and down in some tribal salute. Vince juices, so Hogan punches open the cut some more. Hogan tosses Vince back in the ring, and punches him several times until Vince rolls out. Hogan follows out and gets the chair back and just WHIPS it against McMahon's back twice. That was frigging loud. Vince gets up and Hogan aims one more time..but Vince ducks and Hogan NAILS loveable Spanish commentator Hugo Sabrera right over the head. Porqué?! Porqué?! So Hugo's dead, and Vince lowblows Hogan. Hugo juices as well. I would suspect hardway bleeding, the poor bastard didn't even come close to blocking the shot. Vince gets the chair and nails Hogan with it. Vince looks under the ring, and..gets a ladder. Interesting. Vince sets it up, start climbing, but Hogan takes him down. Vince tosses Hogan onto the English announce table, but Hogan whips him into the barricade and leaves him lying right beside the Spanish table. Vince gets the ladder and sets it up between the two announce tables. Vince rips the covering off the Spanish announce table, and whacks Hogan with a monitor. Hogan's busted open now, too. Vince grinds Hogan's face into the table, and leaves him there while he goes to climb the ladder. Vince gets up to about two rungs before the top, and legdrops onto Hogan, breaking the table. "Holy shit". Repeat. Repeat. Repeat again. Both men stir before getting up, and EMTs cart Hugo off. Oh, God, that cut on his forehead is sick. Vince is up first and pauses for a bit while Hogan starts to get up. Hogan is rolled into the ring and Vince gets in. First pinfall of the match!

Pinfall #1 (by Vince)- 1-2-2 3/4--NO. Very close. It went pretty long in the match without a pinfall. Hogan probably would have been done if Vince didn't pause before rolling him in.

Vince has a dumbfounded look on his face and kicks again.

Pinfall #2 (by Vince)- 1-2-NO. Still doesn't work.

Vince is busted open, man. Crazy busted open. He goes to the outside, and looks under the ring and finds a steel pipe. McMahon provides one of the coolest visuals since a bloody Austin was locked in the Sharpshooter at WMXIII, when he pokes his head up over the canvas with an evil glare on his face. So Vince rolls in the ring and goes to waffle Hogan when Hogan gets in a low blow. Vince bleeds alot. I mean, a lot. When that man bleeds, he does it in style. Holy shit, it's Rowdy Roddy Piper. That's pretty strange. He kicks Vince McMahon back down on his stomach, and picks up the pipe. He waits for both men to get up..and clocks Hogan over the head and leaves. Hooray. Vince crawls over after a bit, and pins.

Pinfall #3 (by Vince)- 1-2---nooo. Hogan won't die.

Vince searches for the pipe, and finds it. Ref Brian Hebner tells him not to use the pipe, so Vince tries to toss him over the top rope. It doesn't work and he's stuck on the top so McMahon kicks at him and tosses him through the second rope. It works. McMahon gets the pipe and waits for Hogan to get to his feet..and here comes evil French ref, Sylvain Grenier. Another ref follows behind, but Grenier clocks him. Vince hits Hogan with the pipe, and then legdrops him.

Pinfall #4 (by Vince)- 1-2-HULKAMANIAISOVERNO--no. Hogan just won't die. Just like Dick Clark.

Hogan gets on his knees and starts Hulking up. Vince is all "Not this shit." Vince punches Hogan, but Hogan no-sells it. Hogan gets to his feet, starts shaking his fists and McMahon tries to punch him again. Y'know, Vince, there's a pipe right beside you. No-sell, and Hogan wags his finger. Hogan blocks a punch, and McMahon goes down. Grenier gets a punch and is tossed over the top. Vince axehandles Hogan as he leans over the top rope but Hogan is still in Hulk Up mode. Three more blocked punches, and the whip-big boot. Legdrop time. Hogan cups his hand on his ear and is actually quite shocked to see it so bloody. Hah. He bounces off the ropes and does the Legdrop of Doom. He gets up and does another one. One more? Yes indeed. Three legdrops.

Pinfall #5 (by Hulk Hogan)- 1---2---3-HOGANWINSHOGANWINSHOGANWINS.

Winner: Hulk Hogan

Hogan goes into five minutes of celebratory mode. Shane McMahon comes down and picks up his old man's dead ass.

What resulted out of this: Vince and Hogan continued to dislike eachother, the war wasn't over. In fact, Vince fired Hogan anyways. So Hogan wasn't able to show up on television again..in comes Mr. America, Hogan dressed in a horrible masked costume. Mr. America/McMahon crap all over SmackDown made it easy to skip both Backlash and Judgment Day. I was fortunate enough to never see Piper/Hogan at the latter PPV. Eventually, Hogan supposedly "revealed himself" on television, and was fired. Hogan hasn't been back since. Piper's gone too.

My review: So-so brawl. It was alright for a streetfight, but McMahon vs. McMahon at WMX7 was way better. Roddy Piper interfering was hilarious, but the aftermath of this was some of the worst garbage all year. I'd go **1/2, maybe **3/4. Legdrop was sorta cool.

TOMORROW:

WrestleMania Special! All Hogan, All the Time!

Andre vs. Hogan- WM3

Rock vs. Hogan- WMX8

WWF Heavyweight Championship- Hulk Hogan © vs. Andre the Giant

Date/Place- Pontiac, Mich.- 3/29/87

Ref- Joey Marella

Commentators- Jesse Ventura and Gorilla Monsoon

After Hulk Hogan won the title from the Iron Sheik, Hulkamania was born. Of course, Andre was jealous of Hogan's long title reign. Andre sided with Bobby Heenan, for a manager.

Character Related Info:  Hogan, of course, is the Hulkster we all know and mostly dislike. Andre is basically the character Big Show is modeled off of, the dominating immovable object. Hogan- face, Andre- heel.

What this match is most known for: Just being arguably the biggest match in sports entertainment history.

The Match:  Staredown.

They trade punches, and Hogan tries to slam Andre, but Andre falls on top for the pin.

Pin #1 (by Andre)- 1-2-3--uh..2-- Ugly looking pin, but Hogan was supposed to have kicked out. Took a lot out of Hogan, though.

Andre kicks Hogan in the back. He then picks him up and clubs him over the back, several times. Andre then bodyslams Hogan. And waits..and waits..and waits.. Andre slams him again and just WALKS on his back. OUCH. Andre whips Hogan into a turnbuckle, walks over, and tosses him back into the opposite direction. Andre slams his chest and his ass into Hogan several times, but Hogan gets out of the corner while Andre tries a headbutt. Hogan hits Andre several times and chops him into the corner. Hogan then rams Andre's head into the turnbuckle quite a number of times. Hogan's feelin' it! Hogan bounces off the ropes to charge into him, but Andre boots him out of the corner. Andre picks him up and chops. And then locks him in a bearhug. And bearhugs..and bearhugs..and..it's still a bearhug. I just went and took a leak, and he's still got him in the bearhug. Will this ever end? Aw, screw it. *fast forward* Anyways, Hogan breaks the hold and punches him a number of times. Hogan backs off the ropes twice and tries to ram him over the top rope, but Andre won't budge. Tries it once more and runs into a chop. Andre whips him into the ropes and boots him, and Hogan stumbles out of the ring. Andre tries to headbutt Hogan on the outside, but smashes his head into the ringpost. Hogan lifts up the floor padding and exposes the concrete floor. Hogan tries to piledriver him, but Andre back bodydrops him. Hogan is thrown back into the ring, and Andre whips him into the ropes and goes for a big boot, but Hogan avoids it..and knocks down Andre! Andre's down! Hogan's hulking up! Andre walks over to Hogan..and he slams him! Holy crap! Legdrop of Doom!

Pin #2 (by Hogan)- 1--2--3!

Winner- Hulk Hogan

Hogan celebrates for 20 minutes.

What resulted out of this: The success of WMIII, and this match convinced officials to create the Survivor Series, so they could get the two back in the ring. When that success continued, Hogan fought Andre in a Heavyweight Title match which had a screwy ending, leading to the WMIV tournament. And that's a story for another time.

My review- This match took just five minutes to review. I love you, fast forward button. Anyways, this was awful. Just plain awful. But this made Hulk Hogan and the WWF even bigger stars, so all the power to both Hogan and Andre for pulling this off. Match gets *, but kudos to everyone.

Since NOBODY VOTED (:angry:), I picked the match.

So, to attract more voters, I'll offer two matches that are a bit better than yesterday's options.

TOMORROW:

In honor of Jericho vs. Christian on Sunday..

Michaels vs. Jericho- WMX9

OR

Triple H vs. Jericho- WMX8

One fall- Chris Jericho vs. Shawn Michaels

Date/Place- Seattle, Wash.- 3/30/03

Ref- Charles Robinson (?)

Commentators- Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler

Chris Jericho wanted to be the next Shawn Michaels growing up. Then, when Chris Jericho finally made it big in WWE, Shawn Michaels had come back. The two were part of the Elimination Chamber match which Michaels won, eliminating Jericho before winning. Jericho went on to call Michaels a has-been during one of his promos. Jericho then entered the 2003 Royal Rumble, as did Michaels. Jericho went on to eliminate Michaels using cheap tactics. Useless ol' Test entered the feud, too. But at WrestleMania XIX, it comes down to Michaels and Jericho, one on one. Who is the better man?

Character Related Info: Shawn Michaels is the babyface hero who gets the shit beat out of him alot. Jericho is a smug, cocky heel.  Heel- Y2J, Face- Michaels

What this match is most known for: Shawn's first WM match in five years, Jericho's best, and just overall goodness.

The Match: Shawn heads down to the ring with a cannon. Smart thinking.

Tieup to start, but it's broken and both men pace around the ring. The two lock up, Michaels gets a headlock, takes him down and rolls into a headscissors. Pause. Armdrag by Jericho, and they pause again. Michaels sits up on the top rope. GET TO IT, YOU TOOL. Headlock on Jericho, and Shawn rolls to the back where he gets a wristlock. Jericho reverses it, and Michaels elbows out. Michaels bounces off the ropes, and hits a hiptoss. Michaels tries for a pin, but Jericho stops him, and then Jericho goes for the Walls of Jericho and is stopped. Stalling. Headlock on Jericho, and Michaels takes him over and tries to hook his leg for the pin.

Pinfall #1 (by Michaels)- 1-2-kickout.

Jericho rolls him over.

Pinfall #2 (by Jericho)- 1-2-kickout. Yeah, that's about it.

Side headlock on Jericho now, and the two rise from the mat. Jericho elbows in the gut several times and knocks him down. Jericho bounces off the ropes, but Michaels rolls over so he leapfrogs, them Michaels leapfrogs him and vice-versa, until Jericho slaps Michaels across the face. Jericho is tossed out of the ring and Michaels attempts a moonsault off the apron, but knows Jericho will avoid it, so he rolls back in the ring, bounces off the ropes and does a baseball slide. HBK tosses him back in the ring and goes up top, he hits a cross body off the top but Y2J rolls through for the cradle.

Pinfall #3 (by Jericho)- 1-kickout. Quick action so far that's not really phasing either man.

The two get up and Jericho knocks him down. Whip into the ropes and a X-PAC STYLE SPINNING HEEL KICK. Yes. Jericho taunts and then punches at HBK's head. Jericho rams his head off the turnbuckle, and chops in the corner twice, and whips him into the other turnbuckle. Jericho beats on him in the corner, then whips him and attempts his face plant setup to the asai moonsault, but he gets TOSSED and CROTCHED on the second turnbuckle. Ouch. Takes both men a while to get up, until Michaels drops Jericho and locks him in a figure four. Y2J rolls out of it, and it's broken. Shinbreaker by Michaels and tries the figure four again, but is kicked into the post shoulder first. Jericho gets up and punches Michaels in the face and irish whips. HBK avoids a clothesline but is tossed over the top..wait, it's shades of EVERY FRIGGING ROYAL RUMBLE SINCE '95, and he "skins the cat".  Headscissors to Michaels to send him to the outside. Plancha to the outside on Jericho. Punches to Jericho's chin, and he then attempts a dropkick but Y2J catches him. Walls of Jericho on the outside! Jericho runs in to avoid a countout, and then quickly gets out to pick Michaels up and ram his back into the ringpost. HBK tries to get through the ring ropes, but Michaels springboard dropkicks him off the apron. Michaels is brought back into the ring and is back suplexed. Very impressive suplex on Michaels.

Pinfall #4 (by Jericho)- 1-2-kickout.

Hairpull! Hairpull of doom! Backbreaker and then Jericho does the cocky pin! Shades of WCW Saturday Night!

Pinfall #5 (by Jericho)- 1-2-kickout.

Headlock stalls time..Michaels gets up and out of it only to be punched several times and then almost backbody dropped..but Michaels reverses into a DDT. Both men down. Jericho and Michaels trade punches until Y2J hits a UGLY flying forearm and does the HBK pose. Hah. Michaels kips up himself and then batters Michaels leading into a HBK flying forearm. HBK NIPS UP AGAIN (Overkill, anyone?) and clotheslines Jericho. Whip into the ropes and a nice back body drop. Michaels is feelin' it now..and a moonsault off the top onto Jericho! Nice! Jericho almost whipped into the ropes, but reverses, and Michaels rolls up for a pin.

Pinfall #6 (by Michaels)- 1-2-kickout.

Pinfall #7 (by Jericho)- 1-2-kickout.

Pinfall #8 (by Michaels)- 1-2-kickout.

Pinfall #9 (by Jericho)- 1-2-kickout. Neither man is really dazed.

Walls of Jericho attempt, but Michaels twists him off. German suplex attempt by both men, and then HBK attempts to forearm out of it. Doesn't work and Y2J hits a NICE northern lights suplex. Bridge.

Pinfall #10 (by Jericho)- 1-2-kickout.

Y2J tries again.

Pinfall #11 (by Jericho)- 1-2-kickout. It's not working yet..need to get in some more work on his back.

Michaels elevates the bridge very nicely and then both attempt backslides. Neither work and Michaels is slingshotted into the ropes where Jericho gets a clothesline. After some stalling, Jericho hits the setup and then the Lionsault.

Pinfall #12 (by Jericho)- 1-2-kickout.

He tries again.

Pinfall #13 (by Jericho)- 1-2-kickout. Jericho should have just tried another Lionsault again instead of only pinning again.

HBK won't die. Chops, and Michaels is sent into the ropes, where he reverses and tries a frankensteiner. Not today, as Jericho reverses into the Walls of Jericho. Michaels eventually gets the ropes, and Jericho must break it. He tries again, but he is small packaged.

Pinfall #14 (by Michaels)- 1-2-kickout. You're not gonna beat Jericho that way...or are you?

They get up and then Jericho hits a backbreaker. Jericho goes to the top and hits a reverse elbow off the top turnbuckle. Jericho is tuning up the band! Superkick just smashes Michaels, and here's the pin.

Pinfall #15 (by Michaels)- 1----2---NOOOO. If Michaels had enough strength to get the pin a fraction of a second before, he would have won.

Michaels is tossed into the corner where he is just hammered. Whip into the other turnbuckle, and a cross body. Looks like a pin, but no, Michaels just punches. Jericho is picked up and Michaels tries a Walls of Jericho, but he just settles on a slingshot into the ringpost. Rollup on Jericho!

Pinfall #16 (by Michaels)- 1-2-kickout. He should have waited for him to turn around for a superkick. Fool.

Jericho is picked up but Michaels gets a hard forearm to the back. Michaels is set on the top rope and Jericho attempts a back suplex, but it's reversed into a crossbody that looked really nasty. Both men down.

Pinfall #17 (by Michaels)- 1---2----shoooulder up. A finisher on another man would just end this

Michaels goes to the top rope, but the ref is bumped into the ropes and Michaels gets crotched. Superplex attempt by Jericho, but Michaels just DROPS HIM on his FACE! Oh, man, that's gotta hurt. Michaels is tuning up the band..here it comes..Superkick misses! Walls of Jericho on Michaels! Michaels eventually reaches the ropes and the hold is broken. Jericho pleads with the ref, but then turns around for a superkick! Michaels rolls over after a looong time, and pins.

Pinfall #18 (by Michaels)- 1---2---2 3/4---shoulder up. Jericho's done, but so is Michaels. Comes down to who can capitalize on the quickest pin.

Jericho gets chopped in the corner and then is irish whipped. Jericho reverses and then Michaels takes one of them manly lookin' irish whips he takes. Jericho tries for a back suplex, but Michaels rolls over his shoulder and rolls him up!

Pinfall #19 (by Michaels)- 1-2-3!

Winner: Shawn Michaels

Jericho weeps and Michaels celebrates. Handshake offered by Michaels as Jericho gets up. Jericho hugs Michaels..and then low blows him. Haaaw!

What resulted out of this: The Highlight Reel began shortly after this, and Michaels/Jericho faced off again at Backlash in a 6 man tag. The two then met up again in Elimination Chamber II, and then once again, at the Survivor Series 5 vs 5. Michaels is playing somewhat of a tweener role vs. HHH and Benoit right now, while Jericho is wrapped up in a storyline with Trish.

My review: Excellent match. So many near-falls. This was a bit better than the main event, Lesnar vs. Angle. It's good to see Michaels can still hold up in the ring. Jericho was THE MAN in this match, though, and this was by far the best WrestleMania showing from him yet. ****1/2

Damn that was a long review.

Anyways,

THE DAY AFTER THE DAY THAT FOLLOWED THE DAY BEFORE YESTERDAY:

It's a Wrestlemaniacrap Special!

Gimmick Battle Royale- WMX-7

OR

A Tribute to Nathan Jones- Undertaker vs. A-Train and Big Show

I still owe you guys RR '92, so expect that as a prelude to WrestleMania this weekend.