TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TSA09

Any Houstonians heading downtown

My boss and I were talking today and we are thinking about heading downtown to at least see the city sometime in the next few days. She really wants to go to the Pimps and Hos party on Sunday, but it's $200 to get in. Anyone else thinking about heading downtown?

Guest FrigidSoul

urgh, I envy you for living there right now. I'd love to go to some of the stuff and possibly pick up autographs of my favorite Patriots Players.

Guest Ahhee

This will be the only time in my life I will ever wish I still lived in Houston. You've gotta partake in something, as a Super Bowl isn't going to come around very often. Are the festivities more towards Reliant or the Richmond/Westheimer area?

They are all over the place. The club that LL Cool J, Puffy, Ashton Kutcher are at is on 290, others are downtown. One party on Friday (I think) is $225, but that includes buffet & open bar. People to be there are Sean William Scott, Jason Biggs, and Vince McMahon. The Pimps & Hos Party is hosted by Snoop and Eminem, Dr. Dre, Puffy, 50 Cent, Mariah Carey, and more will show. Hef is also hosting a huge party, but invitation only....I guess mine was lost in the mail. :P

And this just in, Janet Jackson will be having an after party at St. James, one of Houston's many Strip Clubs. Michael is rumored to be attending as well.....he'll be way out of place.

And I heard today that Hef's not even gonna show up to his own party. I don't know if it's 100% true or not since I just heard the end of a really quick newsbit about it, but that's disappointing if it is true.

Either way, I think I'll pass on all this A-list crap. The parties are nice, sure, but $200 just to get in the door is way more than I'd care to spend. The free 4-day bash downtown should be more than sufficient, and with the temporary licenses being issued, you can buy booze out on the streets.

I don't know if I'll make it down for any of the parties, but I'm probably going to the NFL Experience at GRB on Friday.

And since it was announced on the local news last night that HPD will not really be making arrestes this weekend, you can really pain the town red.

Guest FrigidSoul

The Houston Police Department must be fucking dumb as shit to have a public announcement saying "Go ahead, do what ya want...its on us".

The Houston Police Department must be fucking dumb as shit

Man, if you only knew the half of it. My dad used to work for the DEA, and they'd often work with HPD. Some of the stories he can tell of their incompetence make you almost feel uneasy about hanging out in Houston at any time during the day.

I couldn't believe when they said that one the news last night. I was laughing so hard.

Now my boss informs me that she wants to go on Friday night to go find The Rock. And she also doesn't want her boyfriend going with us.

My friend Shawn moved down to Houston last summer and he called me up and told me he and his friend were going downtown to do the "NFL Experience" thing.

We plan on having fun. She isn't sure about going because of her boyfriend, but she is discussing some stuff tonight, so 9 times out of 10 we will hit the town tomorrow night. If we don't I'll probably make it a point to at least head down to the Galleria on Saturday to check it out. We are still trying to win tickets to the Pimps and Hos party on Sunday too.