• Prince
    • Dirty Mind
    • Controversy
    • Purple Rain
    • Parade
    • Sign O' The Times
    • The Black Album
    • The "Symbol" Album

Yeah, I know this isn't all of his albums, but I was able to include most of his classics, so chances are, one of these is your favorite.

My vote goes to Dirty Mind, although Purple Rain and 1999 are close competition.

Purple Rain takes it by just a tad... but while I consider most of Prince's stuff to be worth buying, the Hits albums are probably the best, just because everything on 'em is *****. That said, Prince is a God, but it's unfortunate that I haven't heard anything from him in almost a yearish. I mean, is he ever going to make a new album, or at least go on tour? I don't think he's done anything since that all instrumental North/South/East/West album, and that was mid-2003-ish, I believe. Either way though, Prince = teh roq.

I picked Purple Rain too, just because it is just so definitive. While I probably find 1999 the most enjoyable, I think Purple Rain is his best album.

Prince is touring. I would know this because I saw him on his third concert of the tour in late October. I have no idea where he is now, but I know he is touring.

This is incredibly fucking hard. Dirty Mind is flawless, has probably my favorite song ever, "When You Were Mind," and has the awesome "Head"/"Sister"/"Partyup" tryptych to end. Purple Rain is the Revolution at their best, totally awesome, the ultimate distillation of what Prince is in 45 minutes. And Sign O' The Times is the gorgeous sprawling epic full of weird experimenty glory that still has the greatest pop sensibility of all time.

I go back and forth between which of these is my favorite, but right now I'm going to vote Sign O' The Times since I think Purple Rain will run away with the poll anyway. "I Could Never Take The Place Of Your Man" deserves some love.

"I Could Never Take The Place Of Your Man" deserves some love.

Indeed, that's probably my favourite song by Prince.

As for the poll, I voted for Sign 'O' the Times. It was incredibly close between that and Purple Rain, and while Purple Rain is probably a more cohesive work, the incredible diversity and overall brilliance of Sign 'O' the Times finally won me over.

"I Could Never Take The Place Of Your Man" deserves some love.

Indeed, that's probably my favourite song by Prince.

That song trails "Alphabet Street" as my all-time favourite Prince song.

As for the poll, Sign O' the Times also gets my vote.