TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Spaceman Spiff

OK, this Taker crap...

when the ring was fillin up with smoke... wasnt anybody thinkin about... THE WARRIOR!! :lol:

Actually, I was thinking RVD was under the ring.

Guest Mosaicv2
when the ring was fillin up with smoke... wasnt anybody thinkin about... THE WARRIOR!!  :lol:

Actually, I was thinking RVD was under the ring.

for some reason... i find tat appealin... but i dont :)

Guest Dynamite Kido

See, I actually think this is remotely interesting. But 5 more weeks of it........naaaaahh

Guest JMA

I'm not fond of the lightning. Everything was going fine until that. The supernatural stuff just doesn't work today.

And I like Taker and Kane.

quite honestly, the supernatural shit is fucking stupid. How are you going to on one hand totally expose the gimmick and change Taker into a biker and now that all these kids have grown up into adults, NOW say, ok time to bring back the fucking freak show cartoon characters. My biggest complaint over the past year or two was why Kane still happened to be Supernatural when they had already turned UT into a regular person. What is this Superman II and UT took a trip to Anartica into the crystal chamber?

Guest JMA
What did people expect when you lose a buried alive match? Maybe they should have brought in Tim Matheson to dig him up so he could be Aly Sheedy Taker.

And why would Kane be afraid? Because by storyline, he BURIED HIM ALIVE. I don't care how tough you are, you bury someone alive and they come back for you...you are going to be a little worried about it.

Mankind survived it.

Come to think of it, has anyone besides Taker and Mankind been buried alive?

It's just good clean mindless fun. RAW needs some of that.

RAW IS ALL OF THAT!!!!!!!! Cept for the "good", "clean", and "fun" part...

So I dreamed last night that the Undertaker came back and was wearing this really big, really fake, wig... god that rules.

What did people expect when you lose a buried alive match? Maybe they should have brought in Tim Matheson to dig him up so he could be Aly Sheedy Taker.

And why would Kane be afraid? Because by storyline, he BURIED HIM ALIVE. I don't care how tough you are, you bury someone alive and they come back for you...you are going to be a little worried about it.

Mankind survived it.

Come to think of it, has anyone besides Taker and Mankind been buried alive?

Chris Jericho...

...oh wait, that's just his career that's been buried alive.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
I think saying Taker had a great 2003 is a bit silly. He had one real good match all year (vs. Angle), and everything else was bad-decent. I haven't had such a good laugh since I saw people creaming themselves over the craptastic Chain On A Pole match at No Mercy.

No, he had a shockingly good match with A-Train and Big Show at Mania, he was good against Mysterio in the weeks leading up to Backlash, he kicked ass with Cena at Vengeance, he had the great match with Angle, and the great three way with Brock and Show, he also pulled A-Train, kicking and screaming to good matches.

He's been awesome this year. Hell, he's been awesome intermittantly since his 4th Title win.

Guest JMA

So, does this mean Taker's marriage is null and void? What happens to Sara?

Does WWE legally have to pay a dead guy?

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

The fact that you're trying to logically work in Taker and Kane's histories into this match is just sad. It just doesn't work that way.

The bottom line is that the fans at every live event that they've teased Taker have gone NUTS, hell the WWE.com poll says that most fans find the Taker tease to be the best part of the Rumble.

I mean, either you love it or hate it, but rattling off stuff about Taker's wife and Katie Vick (Not saying it's you, but a lot of people on this board in general) proves nothing because a very small number of fans actually care about that stuff now.

I just have a feeling WWE will go so fucking overboard with the production on this.....make a huge freaking deal about it because of WM XX, and in the end, the fans will only care about the gimmick for a max of 3 weeks. Asif UT didn't already move slow enough and sell bad enough, now he has motivation and worked in reasons to do those things........ :throwup:

The fact that you're trying to logically work in Taker and Kane's histories into this match is just sad. It just doesn't work that way.

The bottom line is that the fans at every live event that they've teased Taker have gone NUTS, hell the WWE.com poll says that most fans find the Taker tease to be the best part of the Rumble.

I mean, either you love it or hate it, but rattling off stuff about Taker's wife and Katie Vick (Not saying it's you, but a lot of people on this board in general) proves nothing because a very small number of fans actually care about that stuff now.

ye about the same amount of fans will care about the deadman gimmick past a few weeks, mark my words.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

ye about the same amount of fans will care about the deadman gimmick past a few weeks, mark my words.

Why do you say that? What historical basis do you have that the Deaman gimmick is somehow passe or uninteresting.

Guess what guys, this gimmick lasted for close to ten years and reached the ehights of absurdity at some points... and it was still over. The WWE, 4 years after UT's return as BikerTaker, is finally playing the Dead Man card because of the special nature of Mania XX.

People aren't going to get tired of it, dude. They'll get tired of guys like Benoit who can't carry the mic quicker than a guy like Taker who the Marks ADORE.

Guest JMA

No it isn't. Logic is important in wrestling. I will continue to question everything WWE puts out there.

If they (WWE) want to ignore this stuff it's their call. But I never will.

People aren't going to get tired of it, dude. They'll get tired of guys like Benoit who can't carry the mic quicker than a guy like Taker who the Marks ADORE.

UT is good on the mic? His dead-man style on the mic fits the gimmick, but besides the voice itself, I wouldn't really call it great mic work, and let's not even get started on the "it's my yard" mic work.

No it isn't. Logic is important in wrestling. I will continue to question everything WWE puts out there.

If they (WWE) want to ignore this stuff it's their call. But I never will.

ye it is more sad that on one hand WWE swears up and down they won't insult the fan's intelligence, then with their next move, they go and do it.

The only way this would work is if UT was still a normal guy messing with Kanes head to make him scared.

Guest KidKrash

UT is good on the mic? His dead-man style on the mic fits the gimmick, but besides the voice itself, I wouldn't really call it great mic work, and let's not even get started on the "it's my yard" mic work.

1997-1999 were two years that UT had badass mic work. I can remember his promos against Vince, Bret, Shawn, Austin, Rock, etc.

Guest Astro

Maybe Taker's not really "dead" in the storyline, and he's just mindfucking kane until after WM where he'll come out in the Old School garb and tear it off to reveal his Biker wear.

Guest JMA

Another continuity question: Why would Kane be afraid of lightning bolts? He's summoned them before as well. Let's also not forget his ability to start fires with his mind.

Maybe Taker's not really "dead" in the storyline, and he's just mindfucking kane until after WM where he'll come out in the Old School garb and tear it off to reveal his Biker wear.

I have been thinking this way for a little bit. I mean I can't fathom seeing the dead man with the short haircut, it just doesn't fit. Maybe he will be like halfway dead, sort of like in the Ministry days. :lol:

Ugh, I hope not.

That would be the KING of all cop-outs.

The bad-ass biker gimmick has passed being anywhere-near fresh anymore. At least the Dead-Man gimmick is something that we haven't seen in a while. The biker thing has been done TO DEATH!!

*Ba-dum-bum-chhhhh*

I have been thinking this way for a little bit. I mean I can't fathom seeing the dead man with the short haircut, it just doesn't fit. Maybe he will be like halfway dead, sort of like in the Ministry days. :lol:

Eh, he'll just wear a wig.

I think hair is one of the least problematic points of the return of the Dead Man Gimmick.

Guest Astro

Remember when HBK was lowered to the ring wearing Taker's garb and suddenly DX music hit and Shawn tore it off. Something like that is what i could foresee