TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kahran Ramsus

The one and only emulation thread

Thanks dude. Every copy of Metal Slug 3 I have found is missing files. This site seems to have those missing files, so hopefully it will work out. The site is pretty popular, I may even consider paying the $5 to get private download access.

Aaaaaaa! I waited in the queue only to find out the rom file can't be found on the server. Wtf?

Okay, does ANYONE have a working Metal Slug 3 ROM? I've looked everywhere with no luck.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Still nothing!!! How can I activate cheats on my WGen 190 emulator if I don't have the second controller?

Guest The Man in Blak

All right, I'm not familiar with WGen, but here's my recommendation:

1) If you don't have a second gamepad or something available, I know that, with almost every emulator, there's a way to map the buttons of the second controller to your keyboard (in fact, that's typically the default setting).  So, either just investigate what buttons for the second controller are mapped to the keyboard or define the mappings yourself.

2) Get a different emulator.  WGens is good from what I hear, but my personal choice is DGen, which you can find at

http://elledan.virtualave.net/files/genesis/dgen121.zip

Hopefully that will (finally) fix your problem.

Okay three question, first:

1. How do I configure the controls on WGen 190 so that I am able to play the second controller sp I can activate the cheats for Streets of Rage 2?

2. I also downloaded dgen so how do I activate cheats on that?

3. The cheat doesn't say cheat on any of the toolboxes, it says Game Genie. What does that mean and what can I do to solve it.

All I'm trying to say it: I NEED YOUR HELP!!!!!!!!!!!:(

Guest The Man in Blak

1.  Like I said, I'm not exactly sure how to do it on WGens - I know that, in DGEN, you go to Input / Manual define Pad B if you want to set-up a 2nd controller.

2.  If you're talking about in-game cheats, such as the old Konami code, then they're built into the games themselves and don't require any further activation within the emulator.

3.  If you're talking about Game Genie codes, you can activate those in DGEN by going to File / Genie Codes, typing in the given code, and patching.

Yo Man In Blak, I did what you said but the Manual Define Pad B was to confusing. It has 0x00244555 or some shit like that. I mean, what does that have to do with activating controller 2 for the code on DGen? I can't seem to figure out what 0x002444=A or B or Start or whatever means. And the 2nd controller still isn't activated!! So can you atleast give me instructions on what the fuck I am suppose to do?

And Sonic The Headhog 3 Walkthrough? (How do I ask Tails to carry me? That's for anyone else.)

Guest The Man in Blak

DGen control mapping:

When you click "Manual define Pad B", you have a small white window that comes up looking like the following:

===============================

Manual Define keys for pad B

0x00201 = Up <=== (press  a button / escape to skip)

0x00201 = Down

0x10103 = Left

0x10104 = Right

0x10110 = A

0x10112 = B

0x10113 = C

0x10111 = Start

0x10114 = X

0x10115 = Y

0x10116 = Z

0x10117 = Mode

=====================

Okay, for as simple of an explanation as I can give you, just don't worry about the 0x00000 numbers - they're just memory addresses for the emulator to store your control settings.  The important part is the:

0x00201 = Up <=== (press  a button / escape to skip)

Don't be intimidated by the weird numbers at the beginning of the line - just follow the directions and press a button on your keyboard (or on the joystick that you want to use for the 2nd conroller) and whatever button you push will be defined as the "Up" key for the 2nd Player's controller.  Once you've pressed a key, you notice the <=== arrow thing move down to the next line:

0x00201 = Down <=== (press  a button / escape to skip)

From here, just do like before - press whatever key you want to use for "Down" on the 2nd player's controller.  And, after each key press, the <=== arrow will move down through all of the buttons for the controller.  

That's how you define the 2nd player controller for DGen.

And as for Sonic the Hedgehog 3, go here:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/genesis/game/6748.html

If you notice, it happens to be at the GameFAQs site - y'know, the one mentioned earlier in the thread that would have all of your walkthroughs and cheats?  That's the one - go there and you should be able to find what you're looking for.

Guest Renegade

Does anyone know where I could get:

1- The rom of "Snatcher" for the Sega CD

2- The emulator to play it (unless you can use Genesis emulators, I already have one)

Thank u

A'ight, so I got some Streets of Rage 3 codes from gamefaq.com. One of the codes is for level select and it saids that at the title screen, hold B and Left Press Start. I thought I made a mistake and tried a code that siad Hold B and Up then press start. Ditto for that too. :( SO, can somebody explain why the codes won't work and can somebody please tell me what it means in Sonic The Headhog 3 for Sonic to ask Tails to carry him?

WTF?

Guest Renegade
A'ight, so I got some Streets of Rage 3 codes from gamefaq.com. One of the codes is for level select and it saids that at the title screen, hold B and Left Press Start. I thought I made a mistake and tried a code that siad Hold B and Up then press start. Ditto for that too. :( SO, can somebody explain why the codes won't work and can somebody please tell me what it means in Sonic The Headhog 3 for Sonic to ask Tails to carry him?

WTF?

Well for Sonic 3, Tails can be controlled by player 2, and he can carry sonic for beif period of time if sonic jumps in Tails's direction whilst he is flying.

1- The rom of "Snatcher" for the Sega CD

2- The emulator to play it (unless you can use Genesis emulators, I already have one)

Gens is the best Genesis emulator I have found and it also play CD games.

The newest version just came out and you can download it here.

Guest Renegade

Thanks for the emulator dude, its better than what I had, now to find the rom

Guest pinnacleofallthingsmanly

If the Gens emulator works with CD games, where can I find CD games? The CD footage works with it too?

A while back, I finally got working versions of Wrestlefest and WWF Superstars for the Raine emulator. The sound didn't work, so I got my friend to configure the sound for it. My problem now is the fact that my KGEN emulator has no sound now. Does anyone know what I can do to make the sound in the KGEN emulator work again? It didn't bother me before, but playing sports games with no crowd sucks.

What is the best Playstation emulator to download? And the best plug-in? And what do I do to install the emulator?

Hi again. 5 questions:

1.Where can I find a Pa Rappa The Rapper, Star Wars Episode I:The Phantom Menance, and Um Lammer Jammy Roms?

2. What is the best Playstation Emulator to download for a beginner in emulation?

3. What plug-ins are the best for a beginner in emulation?

4. How do I install the plug-ins?

5. Are there any XBox, Playstation 2, or GameCube emulators out yet?

Can somebody please get me an ISO (or rom) for Pa Rappa The Rapper, Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menance, and WWF Warzone?

Please?

Guest alfdogg

This is probably gonna sound REALLY stupid, but:

Is a zip drive something you buy, or something you download?

And is that all you have to have to get these emulators and games?

I think you have to have Winzip to get the emulators and ROMs.

You're not going to listen anyway.

History is bound to repeat itself.

You better lay low for awhile.

What is the best N64 emulator to download? And where can I find ROMS for Goldeneye, WWF Warzone, and WWF No Mercy?

If someone gives you davice, will you follow it?