TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kahran Ramsus

The one and only emulation thread

Guest J*ingus

Thanks raza, I now have like 20 of my old favorite arcade games safely stashed away.  Now if only I could find other emulators that work on the mac...

Guest J*ingus

Can't help you with your question, sorry, but have I ever told you that you're my f'n hero?

Guest razazteca

Are there any Japanese Game Boy Advance games, that are must haves?  I found a web site that has every GBA game but unsure if I should get any Japanese ones other than the fighting games.

Guest alfdogg

Try this site:

http://www.direct-downloads.net

Once again, you can get any NES rom you want from KaZaA.

However, there were a lot of SNES roms that I wanted that I didn't get from KaZaA, and I eventually found this site.

I'll just stick to the system as it concerns the N64.

Guest razazteca

for SNES try this site SNES site

this is my new favorite site for SNES, it has obscure import games with translations already patched into the roms.

Guest alfdogg

I went to one NESticle site and it had a game called "VS Super Mario Bros."  Anyone know where I can find it?

Guest razazteca

I have Kart Fighter for the Nes, its a game similiar to Smash Brothers.  put your Email address up and I will send it to you.

Guest alfdogg

Are you sure we're talking about the same thing?

Here's a screenshot of what I'm talking about:

vssmb.jpg

but here is my e-mail anyway:

[email protected]

I'm also having trouble with getting Game Boy roms.  Can you help me out with those too?

Guest alfdogg

I need some sites for SNES roms now too, since direct downloads changed all their shit on me.

Guest razazteca

my current favorite GBA site GBXEMU

as for SNES, I have found any good ones that are not already posted, try Hotline if its still around or usergroups/newsgroups.

Guest alfdogg

The only games I know that I need for SNES are Animaniacs and Spanky's Quest.

Guest Renegade

Does anybody know where i could find some sega cd roms? thank you.

Guest alfdogg

Anyone know of any NES or SNES emulators that have sound?  I have NESticle and ZSNES and neither have sound.

Guest Ripper

Alright, this is my dream game that I need:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles...the first arcade game...not the genisis version, the arcade game.  

And what Emulator do I need with it.

Guest Ripper

Oh yeah, and Tecmo came out with a double dribble for genesis where all of the players were all ripped up like mucle bound steriod freaks.  I liked the game though...I think it was Double Dribble 3 or something.  Can anyone remember it.  I want that.

Guest razazteca

Snes9X v1.31 for Windows 95/98/NT at SNES]http://www.snes9x.com]SNES 9X[/url]

RockNes X

NESten

JNes

are all nice Nes emulators some support more games, some have better features, RockNes X supports Direct X and resolutions up to 1600 x 1200.

Guest TheDames7

This is something that I'm embarrassed to admit, but I'm running on Windows 95.  Is the latest version of Mame available for 95?

Dames

Guest El Psycho Diablo

Should be. There's a Win32 version, and a DOS version. There are also some nifty frontends for the dos version that make it less of a pain.

Try zophar.net for the frontends, and mame.net for the main thing.

-Shiro

Guest The Man in Blak
Oh yeah, and Tecmo came out with a double dribble for genesis where all of the players were all ripped up like mucle bound steriod freaks.  I liked the game though...I think it was Double Dribble 3 or something.  Can anyone remember it.  I want that.

I think the game you're referring to is Tecmo Super NBA Basketball - the original Tecmo NBA Basketball appeared on the NES and, yeah, it was essentially a rip-off from Double Dribble.

As for the ROM...

Check out www.edgeemu.com - they've got it.

EDIT:  The original direct link didn't work - sorry, but you'll just have to search for the Rom through Edge Emulation (not that it's hard or anything).

Guest alfdogg

Anyone know about the Mega Man 9 rom for Snes?  I've heard they've either already went or are going all the way up to 12 or 14.

This may sound too general but how the fuck do I work a MAME emulator? I downloaded Tag Team Wrestling but when I played it, it said I had corrupt or several ROMS missing. Specifically it says this:

Unable to start emulation.

Most likely you have a corrupt or missing ROM file.

The following files must exist in the specified directory or .zip file.

tagteam:prowbf0.bin      8192 bytes

tagteam:prowbf1.bin      8192 bytes

tagteam:prowbf2.bin      8192 bytes

tagteam:prowbf3.bin      8192 bytes

tagteam:bf4.8       8192 bytes

tagteam:bf5.7       8192 bytes

tagteam:bf6.6       8192 bytes

tagteam:bf7.3       8192 bytes

tagteam:bf8.2       8192 bytes

tagteam:bf9.1       8192 bytes

tagteam:prowbf10.bin     8192 bytes

tagteam:bf11.94            8192 bytes

tagteam:prowbf12.bin     8192 bytes

tagteam:prowbf13.bin     8192 bytes

tagteam:bf14.95            8192 bytes

tagteam:prowbf15.bin     8192 bytes

tagteam:prowbf16.bin     8192 bytes

tagteam:bf17.96            8192 bytes

tagteam:prowbf18.bin     8192 bytes

tagteam:fko.8       32 bytes

tagteam:fjo.25      32 bytes

Also, where can I find the Star Wars trilogy Arcade game, The Simpsons arcade game, and World Series Baseball 99 and all the NBA games?

Guest razazteca

the problem with MAME is that it is in a state of constant upgrade, meaning there will probably never be a end product, it is stuck in beta forever.  Your current problem has to do with the emulator you are using.  Not every MAME emulator is universal with every ROM, almost every time a new emulator comes out, a new ROM will be needed, some files are added or deleted as required by the programmer.  If the ROM and Emulator are on the same page than you are in good luck but you need to be careful.  You just have to guess if the ROM will work and just pray that you have the correct Emulator.