TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
r4g

MLW FOLDS

This just makes me sad.

MLW seemed ready to actually make a splash in the wrestling world finally. Their death just makes wrestling programming look that much worse to your average cable network.

Guest Indikator

No. It´s just "Nooo, now we have to PAY for our shows, poor us"

MLW is out of business - Daddy-O couldn´t pay it any anymore. Hail to the business plans of almighty Curt! :lol:

Guest Dynamite Kido
Their titles don't match up with ROH (no cruiser title) and even if they did...ROH fans hate MLW so much they'd riot.

I see that they don't match up every title, but the ones they do match up with they should and then match up the Cruiser with the Jr. in CZW. I understand that ROH fans hate MLW, but it would put over the ROH guys big time if they won the belts.

Guest Jay Z. Hollywood

Yeah, but you've also gotta think ROH has a very WWE-ish attitude, in that accomplishments in other promotions don't really matter as far as your standing when you debut (unless it was Japan.)

For example, Sonjay Dutt, who was the IWA AND MLW Jr. champion when he debuted, got stuck in a scramble match his first time out, and former CZW Heavyweight champion Nick Gage got put in a meaningless 4way on a convention card.

Heck, darlings CM Punk and Colt Cabana, both multiple-time IWA Heavyweight champions, were stuck working undercard matches against each other (and Punk jobbed to Michael Shane in the opener of a gauntlet when he debuted) until the Raven/SCS angle came along.

Only debuts post-GBH1 I can think of that started off near the same level as they were in other feds were the Backseats, and they were a tag team, and ROH was pretty short on quality fulltime tag teams at the time.

Personally, I do think it's the right attitude, as it stresses the "big league" nature of the fed that they're going for.

Edit: On the original topic, only thing I thought when I saw that was, "now no more Chris Hero in the US EVER." That makes me sad.

Edited by DuskTillDawn

Guest Dynamite Kido
Yeah, but you've also gotta think ROH has a very WWE-ish attitude, in that accomplishments in other promotions don't really matter as far as your standing when you debut (unless it was Japan.)

For example, Sonjay Dutt, who was the IWA AND MLW Jr. champion when he debuted, got stuck in a scramble match his first time out, and former CZW Heavyweight champion Nick Gage got put in a meaningless 4way on a convention card.

Heck, darlings CM Punk and Colt Cabana, both multiple-time IWA Heavyweight champions, were stuck working undercard matches against each other (and Punk jobbed to Michael Shane in the opener of a gauntlet when he debuted) until the Raven/SCS angle came along.

Only debuts post-GBH1 I can think of that started off near the same level as they were in other feds were the Backseats, and they were a tag team, and ROH was pretty short on quality fulltime tag teams at the time.

Personally, I do think it's the right attitude, as it stresses the "big league" nature of the fed that they're going for.

Edit: On the original topic, only thing I thought when I saw that was, "now no more Chris Hero in the US EVER." That makes me sad.

I didn't even realize that, fuck this really sucks.

Guest ToddRoyal

Is Hero not working any future PWG show either? If so, that does kind of suck, though I know Hero gets used on TNA Xplosion shows roughly once a month, so maybe TNA will actually add him to the roster eventually...

Guest Jay Z. Hollywood

Well, here's a message from Hero via the IWA board:

[We received the below E-mail from Chris Hero today, and he asked that it be posted for everyone to read. Best of luck to Chris as he conquers Europe!]

This is extremely overdue, but I feel that I owe to you, the fans, a bit of a farewell. I'm sitting in a library right now, about 15 miles from Liverpool, trying my best to keep up with my e-mails. I'm touring currently for All Star Promotions all throughout England. The promoter, Brian Dixon, runs shows nearly every day and has been promoting shows for over 30 years.

It's been nearly a month since my last IWA match, and it was, without a doubt, the biggest match of my career. I wrestled for IWA Mid-South for three and a half of the most memorable years of my life. The promoter, John Williams, was like a father, and the fellow wrestlers, like brothers. Just about everything I know now, I learned in those three and a half years, and I owe quite a bit to Ian and IWA Mid-South. Hell, I even lived with Ian and Patti for a few months in 2001. IWA was and will always be something special to me. I've gained memories, experiences and friendships that will last me a lifetime. In 93 minutes, I defeated CM Punk but 20 minutes inside a cage was all Danny Daniels needed to send me away.

I'm fortunate to have done and seen so much and I'm thankful that everything has gone so well. I've spoken with Ian and Prazak and I know they value my opinion, so I may be gone from IWA Mid-South as a wrestler, but my influence will still be around whether it be behind the scenes or through a training aspect.

I'm really not sure how to word everything, but I guess what I want to say is that sooner or later, the time comes to move on. I work pretty steadily in Europe, right now for All Star and for other promotions like wXw and such, so I'm going to be rather busy for the next few months. But, past that, I'm not really sure what the future holds. I'm generally an optimistic person, so I have a feeling that everything will work itself out and fall into place accordingly.

I'm not going to name any names because I don't want to forget anyone, but thanks for everything. The fans. The wrestlers. Long live IWA Mid-South.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

RF's responce..

RFWrestling: the only court I know about just went out of BUSINESS

RFWrestling: did u see MLW new website

RFWrestling: outofbusiness.com

:)

I hope Feinstein gets hit by a bus... several times.

Anyway, everyone had to know this was going to happen but it is surprising to see it happen so soon.

I'm going to miss actually having a decent wrestling show on TV for once and seeing great workers like Hero, B-Boy, SD, AD, Sonjay, Quance, Havana Pitbulls, Homicide ETC

Guest OSIcon
I hope Feinstein gets hit by a bus... several times.

Yea, you wouldn't gloat a little bit if a promotor who had directly and indirectly messed with your promotion, went out of business. There are plenty of things to get on Feinstein about. Getting on him about making a little quip in a chat room about a competitor who messed with them going out of business is not one of them. I love when people become so righteous like this all of a sudden and act like they've never gloated like that and as if it is really *that* big of a deal.

How old is Hero?

If he he is relatively young (which I am sure he is), it seems like a pretty smart move to stay in Europe for quite a while. He still has plenty of time left in the business barring an injury or anything, so it seems smart to branch out to different opportunities when they present himself. Same thing with Bryan Danielson. Danielson is about 22, so he still has plenty of time left in wrestling. Instead fo just running through all opponents and promotions in the US, it seemed smart to me to take 8 months to wrestle in the UK when the opportunity came up. Between that and wrestling in Japan quite often, he'll help avoid the problem of "doing it all" before the age of 30.

If I was Hero, I would stay over there as long as I could and maybe try to tone his body a little more. No, it is not the most important factor os being a good wrestler, but it is a factor. There's a reason he has done dozens of TNA dark matches and not appeared on PPV. I would suspect that his look is one of them. If he spends a year wrestling in Europe, comes back here in better shape and with people dying to see him since it has been so long, he'll be in great shape.

It's not necessarily due to his gloating over this, I just have always disliked RF's attitude and think RF getting hit by a bus full of his own bootlegged poor VQ tapes would be hilarious comic irony.