TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EdwardKnoxII

Vince McMahon Pushing Again For Bret Hart's Return

Vince McMahon Pushing Again For Bret Hart's Return

The Hitman to return at WrestleMania XX?

Vince McMahon has been in contact with Bret Hart about appearing at WrestleMania XX. It is unknown what Hart's role would be at the show, but there seem to be three possibilities.

One would be induction into the returning WWE Hall of Fame.

Another would be to deliver a speech at Madison Square Garden. Hart actually has an understanding with McMahon that he would return for one time only to deliver a farewell speech at MSG.

The final option is to involve him in the Chris Benoit vs. Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels World Title match, possibly as a special ref. This would play up on his natural friendship with Benoit as he would likely help Benoit win the World Title. Hart, however, has been somewhat against coming back to work a storyline.

It remains to be seen if Hart actually does return for the show, but WWE is making an effort to get the Hitman to appear.

Credit: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Guest wildpegasus

I'd love it if Hart did some kind of powerplay and would only come to Wrestlemania if they made the triple threat match back into a singles match.

Bret as special referee would only work with the Benoit/HHH singles match.

Since they don't appear to be going that route, I say speech and Hall of Fame induction.

Bret being the guest ref would make it the single most anticipated match in history...well for me at least. I'd settle for any sort of appearnce at Mania though

I said it before the Royal Rumble. At that PPV, HBK should have defeated HHH for the title, and started a feud with Benoit over the title after Benoit one his shot at WrestleMania XX, with HBK playing an all out heel.

The one on one match at WM, Benoit/HBK, would then have Bret as the special ref. It works much better in that situation than in Benoit/HHH.

Guest Krazy Karter

Well, if they go the Wrestlemania X route they'd need 2 surprise special guest referees.

Shawn vs. HHH - first match

Shawn wins the world title. - Guest referee ?

Shawn vs. Benoit - second match

Benoit wins the world title. - Guest referee Bret Hart

Guest Anglesault

Bret knocks Shawn out and HHH walks into the a Crossface?

Nah.

Bret nails both with a chair, locks Shawn in the Sharpshooter. Benoit hits the headbut, but HHH kicks out. Benoit locks in the crossface, HHH powers out, Pedigree, reluctant count from Bret for the long three.

Seriously, I can actually almost see the first one happening.

Guest Krazy Karter
Have it be as good of a surprise as possible too, like Piper was at Wrestlemania X.

Well, the Wrestlemania XX equivalent of Piper is Bret.

So the Wrestlemania XX equivalent of Perfect is...Edge?

Guest Anglesault
Have it be as good of a surprise as possible too, like Piper was at Wrestlemania X.

Ew.

It should be CHYNA~!

uhm, no.

Imagine if Bret was the ref for the match, and he helped HBK beat Benoit, and post match Bret cut a heel promo saying he doesn't give a damn about the fans, never has and never will, and then he, HBK, and Vince all hug and leave with Earl Hebner right along side of them.

Guest Krazy Karter

Ew.

It should be CHYNA~!

uhm, no.

Well you have to think, it would be someone that has a history with HHH.

Foley would have been a given had he not come back already.

Um...X-Pac?

Imagine if Bret was the ref for the match, and he helped HBK beat Benoit, and post match Bret cut a heel promo saying he doesn't give a damn about the fans, never has and never will, and then he, HBK, and Vince all hug and leave with Earl Hebner right along side of them.

Uhhhh, NO. Are you crazy?

Guest Krazy Karter

But imagine if Bret calls for the bell after Shawn taps to the crossface, raises Benoit's hand and gives him the rub of a lifetime in one fantastic moment.

Guest Anglesault

Ew.

It should be CHYNA~!

uhm, no.

Um...X-Pac?

Nash actually would have been good.

I could see them saving Bret at WM for a surprise, and something happens there, which sets up him to be the special ref for the Benoit match at the following PPV, which would be promoted, obviously, as Bret being on that one for sure.

Guest Choken One

Ew.

It should be CHYNA~!

uhm, no.

Um...X-Pac?

THE WARRIOR!

Guest Choken One
Bret FUCKING Hart on WWE television again should not be saved as a "surprise". Hell, I'd save it for Backlash.

While I believe Bret Hart in some sense deserves to be a part of WMXX, I agree that Bret's presence in Edmonton means HELL of a LOT more.

Guest Krazy Karter

Ew.

It should be CHYNA~!

uhm, no.

Um...X-Pac?

If it's a ladder match, Hall would fit in perfectly.

Guest Anglesault
Bret FUCKING Hart on WWE television again should not be saved as a "surprise".  Hell, I'd save it for Backlash.

While I believe Bret Hart in some sense deserves to be a part of WMXX, I agree that Bret's presence in Edmonton means HELL of a LOT more.

Because all of Canada is his hometown?

Bret FUCKING Hart on WWE television again should not be saved as a "surprise".  Hell, I'd save it for Backlash.

Them seem to think so.

Hell, he's basically treated like Canada's son. Whatever the hell that means

Guest Choken One

Partially...

If Bret's coming back, WHy not in his Quasi-Home town?

Although Bret has more affection for MSG...

Guest Choken One

If they Hyped Bret to be at Backlash...How much more buyers do you think would actually tune in?