TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PLAGIARISM!

UK Types

This is a tricky one to describe, anyone seen it yet? I just have to say the actor that plays Dean Learner/Thornton Reed has tremendous delivery, I've not seen bad acting acted so well.

The concept is that a horror writer (Garth Marenghi) wrote, directed and starred in a sci fi show in the 80s, it wasn't shown, now that writer is documenting the making of it whilst the episodes are finally being shown 'To get the critical acclaim they deserve'. Bizarre, but there's some good stuff in there.

I really like that show so far, sure its completely daft and stupid but there's some very funny stuff in every episode up to now. I especially liked the first episode where all the background stuff about the show was covered, just very clever and very funny. The atention to detail is brilliant, every cliche of a bad 80's Sci-Fi/Horror show is present and correct, the opening credits are hilarious, the theme tune and sound effects spot on and little touches like the old Channel 4 logo appearing work especially well. I think it may have worked better as a one off special or two-parter or something like that but i do really enjoy it.

You're dead right about the Dean Learner/Thornton Read character, absolutely hysterical and has me in stiches when he delivers every corny line. His fake laugh and point captured every week in the opening credits is gold.