TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mr. S£im Citrus

Random thought

As did many other posters here, I ordered NWO to support Eddy's push. I was re-watching the show today, and had an odd thought after the title match; being a big fan of the high-fliers, watching Eddy win the title with the Frog Splash was a total markout moment for me, which got me to wondering: when was the last time the WWF World Championship changed hands on a top-rope move? :huh:

Would have been WMXIX, but Lesnar fucked up his SSP.

Yokozuna falling off the ropes at WMX would be the last.

when was the last time the WWF World Championship changed hands on a top-rope move?[/color]  :huh:

Does Yokozuna's Banzai Drop count?

If not, then yeah...Savage's elbow drop.

It was asked "top rope".

Thus the last time was probably Savage. Although for some reason, I keep thinking Michaels (I know he didn't, but I keep thinking it).

You mean at IV? Because, for some reason, I remember Savage winning with some kind of rollup, though I haven't seen the match in several years, so I admit to faulty memory. Can anyone confirm this?

when was the last time the WWF World Championship changed hands on a top-rope move?[/color]  :huh:

It was asked "top rope".

Thus the last time was probably Savage. Although for some reason, I keep thinking Michaels (I know he didn't, but I keep thinking it).

Michaels won Wrestlemania XII, RR 97 and Survivor Series 2002 with Sweet Chin Music.

You know how he won the other one.

Ah. So I just had my wires crossed, then.

In that case, they're probably the only two; I can't recall any other previous World Champions (other than Guererro, Michaels and Savage) that even had a top rope move as part of their regular moveset.

It was asked "top rope".

Michaels won Wrestlemania XII, RR 97 and Survivor Series 2002 with Sweet Chin Music.

You know how he won the other one.

Thank you for telling me what I knew was true, but kept on doubting myself. Thanks Barron.

Ah. So I just had my wires crossed, then.

In that case, they're probably the only two; I can't recall any other previous World Champions (other than Guererro, Michaels and Savage) that even had a top rope move as part of their regular moveset.

Kane has his top rope clothesline. Undertaker has his Old School. Just to name a few. Benoit (as he WILL be World Champion) with his headbutt. Lesnar with his SSP (which would've been his regular move set, but he botched it, and so now it's like a really risky thing to do if ever). Kurt Angle's moonsault.

A lot of them have top rope regular moves. It is just they've never won a title with'em as it is "risky moves". You know, they could play up on that with Guerrero being the only one since Savage to use such a "risky move" to win the WWE Title. It'd get the finisher over even more so than before.

And yes, I said Kane. His 24 hour reign still was real. Whether people like to admit it or not. No one overturned the decision, he just lost the title the next night.

Guest Ray

Jericho won the title from HHH with a quebrada.

But that "never happened"...

And that's a move off the second rope...

OK, I'll shut up now. ;)