TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Ghost of bps21

Bret Hart/Mania. possible Benoit WM plans

Guest PowerPB13

It's reached the point where I've followed wrestling steadily for the past thirteen and a half years and it's no longer worth it. Simple as that. Even when something does go right, I just feel like it'll get screwed up somehow, whether it's WWE or another organization.

-Patrick

I hear what you're saying Loss, I agree that it isn't a crime to want a good match.

However, it seems like HHH wants good matches IN WHICH HE GOES OVER. I know it's Wrestlemania. Last year it was Wrestlemania, HHH pulled everything out against Booker T, including the race card, and he still managed to pin him after a delay. Why should I expect anything else just because this year's worker turned in a great Rumble? Fact of the matter is, Benoit wasn't even the guaranteed favorite to win the Rumble.

Guest Loss
Fact of the matter is, Benoit wasn't even the guaranteed favorite to win the Rumble.

They pushed him hard in the weeks before the show. And should he have been the absolute pick? Would that have negated the strength of his win?

Guest Loss
However, it seems like HHH wants good matches IN WHICH HE GOES OVER.

How so? HBK got the pinfall in the RAW match and he drew with Shawn at the Rumble. One really good match he was lucky to escape with his title and a draw. His only televised victory this year has been over Spike Dudley.

Fact of the matter is, Benoit wasn't even the guaranteed favorite to win the Rumble.

They pushed him hard in the weeks before the show. And should he have been the absolute pick? Would that have negated the strength of his win?

Cena was pushed as well. As Rudo said before, Cena was the power player in getting Benoit in the Rumble. In fact, if I heard correctly, the final decision for the Rumble was down to Cena, Benoit and Goldberg. I just thank god Willie didn't win it.

And the Raw jump wasn't guaranteed to Benoit as well. He was only chosen over Cena because Michaels didn't want to be overshadowed by a more charismatic worker like Cena. Yeah that really shows they care about Benoit.

Guest Loss
And the Raw jump wasn't guaranteed to Benoit as well. He was only chosen over Cena because Michaels didn't want to be overshadowed by a more charismatic worker like Cena. Yeah that really shows they care about Benoit.

That was the opinion of Wade Keller that circulated as news. I think there's some truth in it, but there has been no indication given that Cena was ever seriously considered.

How so? HBK got the pinfall in the RAW match and he drew with Shawn at the Rumble. One really good match he was lucky to escape with his title and a draw. His only televised victory this year has been over Spike Dudley.

I'm speaking from history.

HHH/Jericho Fully Loaded (HHH goes over)

HHH/Angle Unforgiven (HHH goes over)

HHH/Benoit No Mercy (HHH goes over)

HHH/Angle Royal Rumble (Austin interferes to give Angle the win)

HHH/Austin No Way Out (When Austin needed the momentum leading to Mania against Rocky, HHH goes over)

HHH/Taker Mania (One of the few times he is willing to go over)

Gets hurt

HHH wins Rumble (That's okay)

HHH/Angle No Way Out (HHH loses here but he gets the job back the NEXT NIGHT)

HHH/Jericho Mania (HHH goes over)

HHH/Hogan Backlash (Jobs due to interference by Taker)

HHH/Jericho Judgment Day (Goes over)

HHH/Taker KOTR (Jobs because of Rock)

HHH/HBK Summerslam (Jobs, gets the last laugh)

HHH awarded the Raw title for no reason (Other than a flimsy excuse that is Taker/HHH Raw contender match)

HHH/RVD Unforgiven (Goes over)

HHH/Kane No Mercy (Goes over)

HHH/Elimination Chamber Survivor Series(Jobs to his friend HBK)

HHH/HBK Armageddon (Goes over)

HHH/Steiner Royal Rumble/No Way Out (Goes over)

HHH/Booker Mania (Goes over)

HHH, Jericho, Flair/Nash,Michaels, Booker (HHH goes over)

HHH/Nash JD and Badd Blood (HHH retains belt)

HHH/Elimination Chamber Summerslam (Goes over despite a poor showing)

HHH/Goldberg Unforgiven (Jobs but still made to look good)

HHH/Goldberg Survivor Series (Surprisingly he puts Goldberg over)

HHH/Goldberg/Kane Armageddon (Had no reason to be there, but hey he goes over)

HHH/HBK Rumble (Draw)

Mania ???

See where I'm drawing my conclusions?

That was the opinion of Wade Keller that circulated as news. I think there's some truth in it, but there has been no indication given that Cena was ever seriously considered.

Yet they were running angles of Heyman/Cena which indicated Heyman sending Cena over to Raw.

Guest MikeSC
How is speaking out against the wrong thing irrational?

You just assume that giving Benoit the gold at WM is the RIGHT thing.

Fact is, if they give Benoit the belt, they will have a problem because ANYBODY he jobs the belt to will lead to incessant complaints by, well, a lot of you.

-=Mike

Fact is, if they give Benoit the belt, they will have a problem because ANYBODY he jobs the belt to will lead to incessant complaints by, well, a lot of you.

-=Mike

Not if it is done right.

Guest MikeSC

-=Mike

Not if it is done right.

It couldn't be done properly for some here. They could have Jericho going over him and there would be complaints.

This angle is being booked rather well and there is nothing but incessant complaints.

-=Mike

-=Mike

Not if it is done right.

It couldn't be done properly for some here. They could have Jericho going over him and there would be complaints.

This angle is being booked rather well and there is nothing but incessant complaints.

-=Mike

Explain how it is being booked well? Benoit jumps to Raw for no reason, enters a feud with HHH and HBK (who has no reason to be there), Benoit is treated like shit by HHH and HBK in an interview, HBK beats Benoit, it's going to be a 3 way at Mania and Benoit probably won't win. Yeah, great booking.

I'm speaking from history.

HHH/Jericho Fully Loaded (HHH goes over)

HHH/Angle Unforgiven (HHH goes over)

HHH/Benoit No Mercy (HHH goes over)

HHH/Angle Royal Rumble (Austin interferes to give Angle the win)

HHH/Austin No Way Out (When Austin needed the momentum leading to Mania against Rocky, HHH goes over)

HHH/Taker Mania (One of the few times he is willing to go over)

Gets hurt

HHH wins Rumble (That's okay)

HHH/Angle No Way Out (HHH loses here but he gets the job back the NEXT NIGHT)

HHH/Jericho Mania (HHH goes over)

HHH/Hogan Backlash (Jobs due to interference by Taker)

HHH/Jericho Judgment Day (Goes over)

HHH/Taker KOTR (Jobs because of Rock)

HHH/HBK Summerslam (Jobs, gets the last laugh)

HHH awarded the Raw title for no reason (Other than a flimsy excuse that is Taker/HHH Raw contender match)

HHH/RVD Unforgiven (Goes over)

HHH/Kane No Mercy (Goes over)

HHH/Elimination Chamber Survivor Series(Jobs to his friend HBK)

HHH/HBK Armageddon (Goes over)

HHH/Steiner Royal Rumble/No Way Out (Goes over)

HHH/Booker Mania (Goes over)

HHH, Jericho, Flair/Nash,Michaels, Booker (HHH goes over)

HHH/Nash JD and Badd Blood (HHH retains belt)

HHH/Elimination Chamber Summerslam (Goes over despite a poor showing)

HHH/Goldberg Unforgiven (Jobs but still made to look good)

HHH/Goldberg Survivor Series (Surprisingly he puts Goldberg over)

HHH/Goldberg/Kane Armageddon (Had no reason to be there, but hey he goes over)

HHH/HBK Rumble (Draw)

Wow. This guy really is that damn good.

Michaels winning at WM disgusts me. He has no reason to. He's had MULTIPLE times of WM glory. I can compare this situation to Hogan's title win at Backlash. And I hate hate hate how WWE tries to make Backlash out to be important when it really isn't.

-=Mike

Not if it is done right.

-=Mike

Explain how it is being booked well? Benoit jumps to Raw for no reason, enters a feud with HHH and HBK (who has no reason to be there), Benoit is treated like shit by HHH and HBK in an interview, HBK beats Benoit, it's going to be a 3 way at Mania and Benoit probably won't win. Yeah, great booking.

the audience seems to like it....

-=Mike

Not if it is done right.

-=Mike

Since when does WWE care what the fans want?

HHH over Booker, RVD, Kane, Goldberg, even Nash, the fans hated that and they didn't care.

Didn't the fans love Benoit winning the Rumble? If crowd reactions are that important, he should be winning a 1 on 1 at WMXX.

-=Mike

Not if it is done right.

-=Mike

HHH over Booker, RVD, Kane, Goldberg, even Nash, the fans hated that and they didn't care.

Didn't the fans love Benoit winning the Rumble? If crowd reactions are that important, he should be winning a 1 on 1 at WMXX.

but when the Clique point out the reaction to Vince...theyre listened to.

unless the pops are for Cliquers, Taker, a Mcmahon, Brock, Hogan etc....Vince seems to suffer hearing loss.

Guest MikeSC
Michaels winning at WM disgusts me. He has no reason to. He's had MULTIPLE times of WM glory. I can compare this situation to Hogan's title win at Backlash. And I hate hate hate how WWE tries to make Backlash out to be important when it really isn't.

You could, conceivably, wait for the event to happen before griping about who goes over.

-=Mike

Guest KJ Brackish

Didn't the fans love Benoit winning the Rumble? If crowd reactions are that important, he should be winning a 1 on 1 at WMXX

I loved when HHH went over; Booker, Kane, Goldberg, and Nash, so I guess I don't fall into that demographic, but I can understand your frustration. I don't want HHH to keep the belt, but I really don't mind HBK getting the belt at Mania. Give it too him just one more time. His time (WWE-wise) is almost up, so let him have one last hurrah in the biggest stage of them all. That's how I see it at least, and I'm thinking that's how Vince's mindset is. Doesn't it make sense though?

One last hurrah? This could be Benoit's FINAL chance to actually shine in WrestleMania. Heck, HBK has already had WM Main Event wins, so can someone tell HBK to stop being greedy? He's breaking a sin.

Guest KJ Brackish
One last hurrah? This could be Benoit's FINAL chance to actually shine in WrestleMania. Heck, HBK has already had WM Main Event wins, so can someone tell HBK to stop being greedy? He's breaking a sin.

Bwah ha ha! That's the best I've ever heard.... Is it, "Thou Shalt Not Steal." or "Thou Shalt Not Job....er.....that's HHH's own personal sin" I think Benoit still has some time left in the fed. I think HBK should get the title one more time, but that's only my opinion. As long as the title leaves HHH, I'll be happy.

DFA

Guest Loss

From a kayfabe point of view, this is a little silly. Does the fact that Shawn has won at 'Mania in the past mean he should never try to win the big one at 'Mania again?

If he has nothing to prove, then yes, he really shouldn't try. I don't see Ric Flair trying shove himself into the Main Event at WrestleMania, he knows his time has passed.

Guest Loss
If he has nothing to prove, then yes, he really shouldn't try. I don't see Ric Flair trying shove himself into the Main Event at WrestleMania, he knows his time has passed.

If Flair was truly aware just how much his time had passed, he wouldn't be on TV at all.

Shawn's character has to prove that he can unequivocally defeat HHH and put the issue to rest over which is better. That's probably the only unsettled score he has left at this point.

Yes, HBK should be given one last run with the belt, and then retire.

Just like Hogan graciously retired after winning the belt last year.

Oh wait...

NOBODY retires in this business until they're dead or actually unable to walk to the ring. "one last run before retirment" should never be an excuse to put the belt on someone. If it were, Hogan, Foley and Terry Funk just to name a few would have like an extra 20 titles.