TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

Yo Listen Up

In the closing of rawmvp's thread you said that you agreed with the people asking to close it because it had run it's course but what about those who wanted it to remain open? You basically snubbed them based on your personal feelings on the matter that while a judgement call, could be questioned as being truly impartial as well. Aren't Mods supposed to be somewhat impartial and objective when making these judgement calls?

I was objective. A judgment call like that requires you to weigh the merits of one side against another. I did that without any bias toward either side, but my judgment was in favor of those who thought the thread had more than run its course and should have been closed.

Yo

Why WAS the Paris thread closed? Not that I care, I downloaded the video. But I don't understand? Was it over the portly broad?

And Tom, instead of closing this thread, move in to the appropriate folder. It'll be fun. You can laugh. We can laugh.

So why was it closed?

Because the exchanges between Ghettoman and me had, IMO, become bigger than the thread. Anyone can start a new thread about it with a link to the first one; heck, I'll do it if no one else does.

Guest FrigidSoul
Dames deletes pictures of spiders because he has arachnophobia and thinks the images grotesque, and no one bitches.

Maybe that's because THIS IS HIS BOARD. Get that through your thick skull. You do not own this place. You are here to put in place HIS RULES not make up your own.

and sorry Adolf, I don't sell out my friends just so you can know who doesn't like you.

Guest FrigidSoul
So why was it closed?

Because the exchanges between Ghettoman and me had, IMO, become bigger than the thread. Anyone can start a new thread about it with a link to the first one; heck, I'll do it if no one else does.

5 or so posts between the two had become more than the hundred plus other posts on the matter *crosses off "ability to do math" from list of things nessecary to know for moderating*

I think people wouldn't be so aggressive about it if they weren't talked down to with each response. A simple response without the "try again"s and "kid"s and "laddie"s might not get such a reaction. Moderator does come from "moderate," after all.

I'm actually not trying to talk down to anyone. I've always used things like that in my posts.

Guest FrigidSoul

I like how this is feedback on one of the site's moderators, but since it isn't good feedback its moved to hardcore discussion. Of course everybody(Banky) asked for it to be moved so it was.

And Tom, instead of closing this thread, move in to the appropriate folder. It'll be fun. You can laugh. We can laugh.

It's now in HD, for those who may not have seen.

I've been laughing for three pages now. This was a much more entertaining way to spend my Saturday afternoon than working with MS Access.

After I moved it, though, no posts showed up in Site Feedback at first. That was freaky.

Maybe that's because THIS IS HIS BOARD.

Get that through your thick skull. You do not own this place. You are here to put in place HIS RULES not make up your own.

and sorry Adolf, I don't sell out my friends just so you can know who doesn't like you.

Yes, I know.

You do not own this place.

We've established that. Try to keep up.

You are here to put in place HIS RULES not make up your own.

Funny thing about that... Dames and I collaborated on the rules, so they're as much mine as they are his, by that standard.

So why was it closed?

5 or so posts between the two had become more than the hundred plus other posts on the matter *crosses off "ability to do math" from list of things nessecary to know for moderating*

I knew some idiot would try to reduce what I said to the number of posts made about each topic.

A winner is you!

"Bigger" was clearly meant in terms of scope. Brush up on your reading comprehension, will you? Your lack of it is becoming tiresome. You bore me.

I think people wouldn't be so aggressive about it if they weren't talked down to with each response. A simple response without the "try again"s and "kid"s and "laddie"s might not get such a reaction. Moderator does come from "moderate," after all.

I'm actually not trying to talk down to anyone. I've always used things like that in my posts.

Yeah but that's the problem, it ends up sounding like you're trying.

It's a good thing this got moved to Hardcore Discussion. Now Tom can be mean GRRRRRR.

He comes up with a valid point, and you just pull the old, "I was waiting for someone to say that," on us? Incredible.

I like how this is feedback on one of the site's moderators, but since it isn't good feedback its moved to hardcore discussion. Of course everybody(Banky) asked for it to be moved so it was.

Christ, but you're a chronically miserable one. I hereby appoint you to be the President Emeritus of the TSM Serial Whiners Society.

I moved it to HD because it's pretty much turned into a flaming thread, and thus belongs here.

And no, I don't care if you agree with my decision.

I'm sure this was all a counter-active method to make sure that no one's post count increases.

Damn you, Tom, and your sneakiness.

Heh. I hadn't even considered that, actuall...

Er...

Of course! This was all part of my EVIL PLAN~! MUAHAHAHAHAHA~!

I am still satisfied with the events of this thread.

He comes up with a valid point, and you just pull the old, "I was waiting for someone to say that," on us? Incredible.

It wasn't a valid point. If I'd meant "more posts," I would have said that.

Guest FrigidSoul

I don't think you do know that this isn't your board. I'm also very displeased that this was moved to Hardcore discussion since I wanted to leave that folder be for the next few weeks.

Either way I'll end it like this. This is why you have no friends and you suck. As a mod you're suppose to act better, that's what responsability does. If you lived across the street from me I'd ring your doorbell, punch you in the face, pour water into your hard drive and be done with it. You suck, not just as a mod but as a human being. Drury isn't so bad when being compared to you, that's how much you suck. Scott Keith is probably a very pleasant human being, both in conversation and in body odor when being compared to you...that's how much you suck.

You should leave, nobody wants you here...really, look around. People dislike you so much they spent their day of relaxation telling you that you suck.

When Dames comes back I hope he takes a look around at what you've done and actually holds a petition to see that you be stricken from the mod team. People don't dislike the mod team, just you.

If by now you haven't figured it out, you suck.

I am still satisfied with the events of this thread.

Considering you came back... again... it seems you don't need much to be satisfied. Hey look.... tin foil. Shiny huh?

tin_foil.jpg

Guest cobainwasmurdered

this is sad.

but i've learnt that whinging and giving feedback are interchangeable.

I never had a problem with tom before the last month or so but this is just stupid.

I know I may sound like I'm whining but really I only want what's best for the board and the POSTERS. If Tom see's that as whinging then too bad for him, because It's not intended as that.

Guest FrigidSoul

Valid points used against Tom are whining, with that I'm really gone from this thread

Guest Bottled Black

Off topic:

I'd just like to point out that all these arguements can be put to rest by banning the real source of the problem here. Munky...

WTF?

On topic:

Umm yeah count me in the camp with the Paris thread being closed for a weak reason. A handful of posts out of 3 pages does not constitue going woefully off-topic.

Guest cobainwasmurdered
Whining. 1 G.

Sorry CWM... I know of your spelling issues... but that just bothers me.

fuck. thanks Rant.