TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Just call me Dan

Flair

I was watching Judgment Day 2002 today because I had never seen it, and watching the handicap match between austin and Flair/Show got me thinking. When was the last time Flair looked at the crowd and got them going with a WOO? Has he been completely neutered or am I just deaf?

Guest Deebo

I haven't really been playing close attention,so I'm sure he's done it since this, but he did it like twice in the promo he gave with Batista after the tables match at RR.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

Dan, you're weird.

I think he whoos all the time still.

Guest Loss

Flair was told to cut down on the whoo-ing when they paired him with HHH because they didn't want the manager overshadowing the wrestler. I wish I was making that up.

Flair was told to cut down on the whoo-ing when they paired him with HHH because they didn't want the manager overshadowing the wrestler. I wish I was making that up.

right, I heard that news a long time ago. thing was, flair kept on doing it, and, to me, it seems like only recently it has been completely stopped.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

Flair can't whoo but they allowed Jimmy Hart to run around with a Mega-phone? Man, how times have changed....

Guest Loss

That's because most managers are there to do promos and get the wrestler over, but Flair is with HHH to make everyone think Flair endorses HHH as the 'new him'.

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame

He definately did one after the Tables Match at RR when he was cutting a promo on Benoit.

Something like "...the best damn wooo technical wrestler alive, but you're not in the league of..."

Guest Choken One
Well to be fair, Hart wasn't a sixteen time World champion who is one of the most constantly over superstars in wrestling history.

Factor In, Hart managed complete DUDS for the most part (save for the Foundation and Hogan)...He HAD to provide the promos for his "talent"...

HHH doesn't need a manager to overshadow his faults...

Guest I Got Banned for Sucking

Off the top of my head, I think it may have been at the Royal Rumble.

Guest Mad the Swine

Tonight.

Backstage segment with the rest of Evolution. Pretty sure he 'woo'ed.

Guest Repo Man Reborn

Whoo-ing is allowed if it is followed by praise for The Game.

ex. "WHOOOOO! TRIPLE H IS THE GREATEST WRESTLER ALIVE TODAY!"

I knew that someone would associate this with HHH...

Well, IMO, regardless of the past, "Wooing" is now associated with him being a face. The crowd mimics it, and if he's going to be a heel, he shouldn't really be playing to the crowd that way. I know it worked before, but today's wrestling audience is another beast.

On the subject of Flair, am I the only one who thinks he should cut his hair short? I don't know if it's because he's getting older of if the bleach has just COMPLETELY fried his hair, but it looks horrible nowadays. I think that if it were shorter, that'd it look less like.. I dunno, straw?

The backstage segment with Evolution at the Rumble was incredible.

He splashed champagne on Josh Matthews, turned it on himself, and the champagne shot about 6 feet in the air. I must've watched that at least 10 times.

On the subject of Flair, am I the only one who thinks he should cut his hair short? I don't know if it's because he's getting older of if the bleach has just COMPLETELY fried his hair, but it looks horrible nowadays. I think that if it were shorter, that'd it look less like.. I dunno, straw?

I agree.

I don't know what it is but Flair's hair looks terrible these days. Really it does. He used to have really thick hair but now it seems all thin and stringy. He should go back to the short and spikey look he had in WCW in 2001. It was much better.

Guest Repo Man Reborn

You guys are picking apart his hair?

Isn't Will and Grace on somewhere?

I'm sure it is, but I don't watch it.

I don't see whats wrong with not wanting Flair to look like a shaggy old coot...

I don't know. I've never watched it. I've never wanted to.

However, the subject of Flair's hair is something I have talked with other people about. In fact it was my girlfriend who noticed it and she agreed that the short spikey hair looks better.

Guest JumpinJackFlash

Did you see Flair last night on RAW? He looked like he was on crack! Just look at him throughout the entire interview. It may be hard, since HHH's nose is taking up the whole screen.

And I thought it was stupid when he did his strut, and said "Follow the Champ!"