TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest glennsoe

Rumored next wrestler to be released....!!

Guest glennsoe

The Pro-Wrestling Torch Newsletter is reporting a rumor that the current backstage speculation is that Tommy Dreamer could be the next released from WWE.

This should be taken with a huge grain of salt, as no confirmation has been made and I have not heard anything with regards to WWE officials actually even considering this move. A few weeks ago, various names were mentioned as possible candidates for release, and while some did end up true, the majority were simple rumor.

What is known is that some wrestlers were talking about Dreamer being a candidate, and that Dreamer had expressed some fear of getting his 90-day notice a few weeks ago.

Again, before this gets out of hand and causes any panicking, take it as a simple rumor right now.

[News Source: The PWTorch.com Newsletter]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After this weeks Raw maybe Lita should be sent down to OHW to work on her skills a little ?

- But when it comes to Tommy, he's better of in ROH and the indy's where he has a LOYAL fanbase !!

- Glenn -

Tommy could actually fit into the TNA Raven angle in addition to doing indies. My problem with releasing Dreamer isn't related to his wrestling. You have someone who could contribute something to the company as an agent or creative consultant. I'd give him the option of an office/agent job or his release.

These rumors and speculation are just that. A very good "source" that I know who writes freelance for some wrestling mags and does a weekly wrestling column told me weeks ago that Kanyon, Dreamer, Scotty 2 Hotty, Rikishi, Val Venis and Shawn O'Haire would be let go. While the others are still a possibility, I can't see them giving Scotty and Rikishi the tag titles and a Mania slot to release them.

pnr1.gif

LISTEN TO THE PITTSBURGH MUSIC SCENE

I hope they at least offer him something behind the scenes. He seems like one of the truly good guys in the business. If he still has it in him to wrestle, then this will be good for him as he deserves one last run in the indies where he will be appreciated.

But when it comes to Tommy, he's better off in ROH and the indy's where he has a LOYAL fanbase !!

Right...cause I'm sure the indies pay much much better than the WWE. And being that he just had a kid it's really the right move.

But when it comes to Tommy, he's better off in ROH and the indy's where he has a LOYAL fanbase !!

Right...cause I'm sure the indies pay much much better than the WWE. And being that he just had a kid it's really the right move.

Considering Tommy's place in the WWE I doubt he's getting paid that much and with a big a name as he is on the indies I'm sure he could get paid just as much if not more then what he's making now. I mean even Raven says he's making good money on the indies.

Guest nikowwf

This is horrible for Tommy. WWE is steady paycheck no matter what. Being able to scrape and scam your way to an equal paycheck doesn't strike me as a good thing. Plus he'd have to kill himself doing hardcore sh*t all the time.

If they do this, they are truly heartless pricks. Tommy WANTS to be there. I think he'd freaking off someone if vince asked him too. He has a wealth of knowledge, is NOT a troublemaker or complainer (as far as I know) and has enough name value to be able to fill a midcard slot at any time.

i hope this is a rumor.

niko

Tommy Dreamer isn't the same Tommy Dreamer of ECW, and frankly I don't want to see him wrestle much anymore. I also don't see why he would be released, since he is well liked backstage, reportedly does not cause trouble, etc, and expressed interest in working in the other aspects of the business. Make him a road agent or something.

And I'll never understand this facination with the indies, if they were as great as everyone seems to believe then they would be more successful, but they are not. Say what you will about Vince and the way he runs things, at the least working for him is a steady paycheck, and any company that gives second chances to their employees (see Eddy and Jeff) cannot be that bad.

Guest Coffey

I don't know. Raven & Tommy, I suppose, could rekindle their feud in NWA:TNA. The problem is that Raven is a face now, so it wouldn't really work. They would have to play off of their acceptance of each other during Raven's final run in ECW when Tommy Dreamer won the ECW World Heavyweight Title from Tazz.

I like Tommy, and I have for quite some time. I think he might be better off at home with his family and just working a "normal" job. His body has been through a lot, and working in the Indies would just give him an excuse to bang it up more.

Of course, this is all assuming he gets released from WWE. Obviously he'll be riding that until the final day. I'm sure he still loves working house shows and occasional TV spots anyway.

I'd really hate to be Tommy Dream and read this on the net, and it end up not being true.

Well, I'd like it not being true but, eh, you know what I mean.

I'm not surprised to see his name, but I don't want to see him get released though.

I'm not surprised to see his name, but I don't want to see him get released though.

Does it really matter though? As it is, you almost never see the guy on TV at all, it's like he isn't even in WWE. If he is released, at least we'll more than likely see him work in groups like ROH and TNA.

Who here wouldn't be up for a Raven/Dreamer program in TNA?

I just want to see him work, and at this point, I don't care where it is done at as long as I can see it.

Guest Goodear

I think the major problem with that DH is that (unlike Kanyon, Spanky or Raven), Tommy really is way too broken down to do more than a five minute special on HEAT every couple of weeks. It's not like he's going to get into the indies and be able to work a decent twenty minute match without continuing to hurt himself at the same rate he was doing so in ECW. And its not like Tommy can change his style at this point either, he was never a great worker and indy crowd will have short patience for him if the hardcore stuff goes away.

Raven/Dreamer wouldn't work now. TNA wouldn't give them the time they need to do it, Dreamer or Raven can't go at that speed anymore, plus they'd have to start at scratch. Just best to leave that one dead and remember how good it was.

Live crowds love Tommy, and he gets zero tv time. Live crowds don't react one bit to The Bashams, Mark Henry, or Jazz...yet they get tons of time.

Guest Salacious Crumb

This is bad news for Tommy. He was basically getting paid pretty well in the WWF for just being a trainer. Now he has to go out onto the indies and further cripple himself just to make ends meet.

This is bad news for Tommy. He was basically getting paid pretty well in the WWF for just being a trainer. Now he has to go out onto the indies and further cripple himself just to make ends meet.

It's a rumor. He hasn't been released.

Guest Brian

Tommy's put in his time in the indies. He had a serious revival of great, Puerta Rican-esque brawling a few years back. The man deserves a steady check, and has earned a spot working in the back where he can put his mind to use and save his body.

Wasn't the WWE at one time allowing Tommy to sit in on production meetings? It's shocking that they don't just make him part of the production team since he could probably be the guy that keeps track of the little things.

The only plus I could see with Tommy working TNA or ROH is he works less dates and spends time with his family. The negative is they expect him to be the Innovator of Violence which could end him up severely hurt.

If he can make more money with TNA than the WWE, then I hope he gets released. The one date plus more money in only one location sounds easier and gives him more family time.

If the WWE is paying more and can offer him a production job then I hope he stays. At this point, as much as I enjoy Tommy's work I would rather he has time with his family and the money to support them.

Guest Brian

And then they supposedly kicked him out for asking too many questions or something of the sort.

Guest Deviant

Wow, this news is like completely new. I haven't heard anything about this before now. We sure are lucky to have a few credible sites out there providing us with brand new information as it happens.

And I do wish people would fianlly realise that it is possible to make MORE money on the indies than in WWE when you are more respected there and get way more bookings. The real issue here is that in his current role, Tommy is being paid and is not working on his back, which is destroyed.

Contrary to popular belief the tommy dreamer back injury was more work than shoot. ECW must have down that storyline right, as everyone still buys it. I remember both the observer and the torch reported on how during a match with Lance Storm Tommy suffered a herniated disc in his back. Both reported it did not need surgery and rehab would enable tommy to continue wrestling. It was an ecw storyline that tommy needed surgery and just put it off to continue wrestling. Since Tommy does not wrestle much anymore he is in better physical shape, not talking about weight, than in a long time.

Guest hunger4unger

Dreamer doesn't add anything of note, is pretty much banged up and unable to work an even light schedule..i'm not sure what he adds in his capacity as a worker in the back but I wouldn't imagine it's much. The only thing that has kept him around for this long is that he's tight with Heyman. Dreamer would made a good announcer for Velocity but seeing as Morrus is doing that to a good standard already, there really is no reason to keep Dreamer around.

The reason that I don't put much faith in the "next wrestlers to be released rumors" is that it's always with wrestlers that aren't earning much money. Regardless of how stupid they sometimes are with their booking or choices for pushes, the people behind the scenes are still running a business, and one of the best ways to save money is to cut spending. (that way, even if not much money is coming in, less money is going out and it makes it easier to make a profit) Why would they release/cut/fire Dreamer or SOH, when neither are paid that much, but keep Rikishi or Gunn, who are?