TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Rising Star

Which artists/bands do you loathe?

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent
I smoke asstons of weed, and I really don't like Sublime at all, either. "Pawnshop" is a catchy number, but the rest of it really pulls out my mushroom tip. It went drip drip drip. I think their singles are especially revolting in a sunny sort of Uncle Kracker way, the punk songs aren't punk enough, the acoustic songs are total campfire tunes, and everything is about sex, heroin, malt liquor, and Southern California.

The only solo work I've heard of Bradley Nowell's was a disc called Bradley Nowell and Friends or something along those lines, and was him basically too fucked up to play, resulting in high-wire emotion magnified by drugs, manifested in sloppy acoustic guitar, recorded poorly. Absolute crap.

His posthumous releases shouldn't count. They were a low rate band when the majority of thsoe recordings where recorded - so they sound is always terrible. Nowell's strength is his voice. I've always dug his acoustic tracks for that oen reason. Even when he is one the ground laying in a pool of his own blood - his voice is always remarkable. Guitarplaying? bah, he's not great. And I'd say their more "punk" stuff was on their first two releases (40 Oz and Robbin' The Hood)