TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Rising Star

Which artists/bands do you loathe?

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Redbaron, I know I've asked you before, but how can you hate DEP? You're a guitarist fer chrissakes.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Ever heard their Mike Patton collaboration? Everybody likes Mike Patton...

I really can't stand Missy Elliot, i can't stand any of her songs i've heard.

Guest Coffey
Why do you hate Tool, of all bands? I think they're one of, if not the best act going today.

Because of people like you?

Creed & Nickleback are like Tool & Radiohead. You either like them, or you just wish people would quit fucking talking about them.

Why do you hate Tool, of all bands? I think they're one of, if not the best act going today.

Because of people like you?

Creed & Nickleback are like Tool & Radiohead. You either like them, or you just wish people would quit fucking talking about them.

Bolded for emphasis, just in case you thought you were seeing things.

Incubus, Metallica, and a whole bunch of other bands that I don't feel like naming right now. Oh yeah, System of a Down are pretty shitty too.

Lil Jon- I hate him adlibing every song with screamning yeaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! or Okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!! and his Overrated beats/production.

Nelly- to corny and cheessy

Chingy- To lame, he's like a pimp version of Nelly

Underground Suburban rappers- They just try too hard to be abstract.

Thats all I got for now.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

Darkness.

Thats all fo' now.

Fuck Kid Rock and anyone associated with him (past or present).

I also pretty much despise 95% of all rap, country, and teen pop acts...there are some songs here and there that don't bother me...but overall... it's horrible.

Guest El Satanico
Lil Jon- I hate him adlibing every song with screamning yeaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! or Okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!

WWWWHAAAAT?

Overkill

Quite a bit of Barlow-era Iced Earth (I don't think Barlow's vocals fit with the music at ALL)

85% of Ozzy Osbourne's "solo" work

Every emo band not named Husker Du (who helped start emo)

DMB

Phish

Turn on the radio to a rock station. Hear that song? Chances are I hate that band.

Radiohead

Radiohead

Radiohead (my hatred for these bastards is so much that they deserve to be mentioned thrice...speaking of which...)

Thrice

Anal Cunt (you can only hear "I Just Saw The Gayest Guy On Earth" so many times)

post-Laced Reveille

Staind

Nickelback

Creed

Creed (yes, deserve two mentionings)

RE: Tool

They have their strong moments, oh yes they do. I just like most of their songs are drawn out WAY too long. I heard the full version of "Lateralus" once, and I'm like "wow...they could've shaved a couple minutes off of the breakdown in the middle." Also, the fans that say their marvelous musicians need to punched in the fucking head, because their guitarist is average-at-best. Wow! So the drummer can drum in awkward time signatures? So? His drumming still doesn't sound as magnificent as everybody likes to think it does. The bassist isn't too bad, but he's not especially good either. And let's not get into Maynard's "hey, look, I like to be profound so people can try to read into my lyrics" writing style. MJK, you're a fag that got beat up in military school, now shut up.

If you think TOOL is too drawn out, then pick up Opiate.

Cold and Ugly, Sweat, Jerk off, and Part of Me are all great songs, and they're not 10 minute long Pushit's. Although I DO love me some Pushit...

50 Cent

Lil' Jon and the Eastside Boyz

Nelly

Sean Paul

Beyonce

Those stupid dance songs I hear on 103.5 KTU in New York

Good Charlotte

Simple Plan

Jennifer Lopez

Limp Bizkit-post Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavored Water (I actually like that album, 3 Dollar Bill Ya'll and Significant Other alot. "My Way" is one of my all-time favorite songs. The rest sucks big time)

G-Unit

50 Cent

50 Cent

Britney Spears

Christina Aguillera

50 Cent

Tobey Keith

Celine Dion

Justin Timberlake

Ja Rule

Master P.

Juvenille

Cash Money Millionaires

R. Kelly

P. Diddy

Da Band

Pretty much everything on MTV, VH1, and FUSE that's NOT Outkast, Avril Lavigne, Eminem, Ludacris, Chingy (I can't believe I like his songs!), N.E.R.D., Linkin Park, 311, Snoop Dogg, DMX, Kanye West or Twista

Did I mention 50 Cent?

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent
Their one hit is the worst song ever, though.

Not worse than anything the Drakness has shat out.

How in the hell is KISS a drum machine away from being F'n DISCO?!?! Sure they made 3 disco songs(All of Dynasty wasn't Disco) but thats a off the wall comment.

%90 of their catalog is Rock, %5 Grunge, %5 Pop/Disco

Sorry but people defended Bjork, and Tool, so i defend my home band! :headbang:

P.S

Tool sucks. :)

DEP and Mike Patton?

Can I get some song titles please?

"Hollywood Squares"

"Pig Latin"

"When Good Dogs Do Bad Things"

"Come To Daddy"

Yes, the latter is a cover of the Aphex Twin song. It's pretty frickin' incredible.

I feel pretty much the same way about Tool as Agent. Seeing them live - seeing them play an intro that looked it would be "Aenema" but ended up being a 12-minute "Opiate" - knocked me off my feet. It's been almost 3 years now since the last album, though, and I need more.

Bringing the post full-circle, Mike Patton opened the first time I saw Tool, with his Tomahawk project. It was...very silly.

Guest Wildbomb 4:20

The White Stripes. I think if I hear Seven Nation Army EVER again, my head might 'splode. I take an almighty shit on their entire collection of work.

The same should be said of Korn. Yet another band that got way too much attention than they ever deserved.

The Darkness has become more of a guilty pleasure than a true hate.

Radiohead, I enjoy some of their stuff, so I can't truly say I hate them.

Oh, wait...almost forgot: Tantric. They opened for the 3 Doors Down show I went to, and I was the only one standing up, and I was giving them a mock standing applause. Hi-fucking-larious. 3 Doors, I must say, put on a great show that featured a very nice 10 minute drum solo. Good shit.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Maynard James Keenan can use his voice as another musical instrument, and not just a guy singing things. Three people can do that which I've heard: Maynard, Adrian Belew, and Mike Patton. I'm not counting any beatboxers.

Tool is the perfect example of a band that's more than a sum of their parts. Their strength lies in songwriting and arrangement, not ripping cheeseball solos where they don't belong. Everyone in the band is superior at their given instrument, but combined, they're quite incredible. Also, they take a lot from primordial progressive bands, so the time spent on interesting atmosphere and contrast is pretty compelling stuff, I think. Then again I friggin' love King Crimson, and no one's better at that than they are.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Tomahawk's really pretty straightforward when compared to Fantomas..now there's some whacked-out racket. They're great.

SHIG-AI!!! SHIGGA DA-BU DA-BU

Nirvana

The tenth anniversary of Kurt Cobains death is next month and the fuckin' radio stations here are already talking about it and playing Nirvana a lot more then usual. And it will only get worst next month, radio, MTV, FUSE, etc., will be all over this due to the new "rock" fab, wannabe grunge bands.

Nirvana can suck my balls. Nevermind and Bleech were good, and I liked everything else well enough. But they're not one of the greatest bands ever like they're being billed as.

I loathe almost all metal bands that are over distorted and have the lead singer mumble incoherently. And I especially hate the ones that have titles to songs about fucking Jesus or whatever so that little goth kids can think they're all tough.

And Abba.

Barlow's voice suits well with Iced Earth.

Then came Ripper, and Ripper is greater than Barlow.

Oh and Black Metal fans will hate me, cause I can't stand Bathory.

Lil Jon- I hate him adlibing every song with screamning yeaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! or Okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!

WWWWHAAAAT?

NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER

Guys how can you hate the greatest hype man since Flava Flav?