TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Youth N Asia

The Shield, season 3. Official Thread

I was loving Vic making fun of Dutch whenever he got the chance.

The teasing would have worked better if they had Dutch respond back with an equally nasty diss aimed at Vic. At least that way, we'd have something new be tossed into the Vic and Dutch hate each other storyline, with Dutch pulling out his own vile insults to counter Vic's bullying that freaks Vic out.

The notion that Dutch can freak out Vic even more than Vic can make Dutch feel like a loser would be a great addition to their interaction and make for some good verbal sparing between the two actors...

I also like how they ended the episode before they went to talk to Lem at his house so that we don't know for sure if he's staying or not.

Well Kenny Johnson has stated he'll be back for season four so unless season four starts immeadiately following the end of season three, there is a good chance that Lem's problems with the ST might be ironed out off-camera....

Guest Brian

I'm still thinking it will be awhile before they blow-off the Shane-Vic feud. It still seems like there's so much to explore, and Mora (sp?) is going to probably screw him over and drive Shane back to the team.

I think the season should pick up the same night. Like Six Feet Under did this year.

And why was David checking up on the hoochies...seemed like a pointless few minutes.

The best thing about The Shield is that there isn't one season better then the next. It's all equally great to me.

Guest Brian

Acevada was thinking about getting a blowjob at gun point. He's still thinking about the rape but he can't get it out of his mind with his wife, so he's becoming obssessive over trying tgo figth the homosexual urges.

Idea I'd like to see.

New season starts a couple of months after season 3 ended.

Strike Team is broken up.

Shane and Vic are still partners.

Lem and Tavon are partners.

Ronnie and Dutch are now stuck as partners pending Claudette's promotion.

Everyone's still bitter about everyone else.

Keep it that way for 5 or 5 episodes. Then have one huge case that ends up bringing the Strike Team back together, unwillingly at first.

Ronnie could get to know Ducth and start defending him against Vic and Shane. Plus Dutch has gotta sucker punch Vic sometime next season...just has to happen.

Idea I'd like to see.

New season starts a couple of months after season 3 ended.

Strike Team is broken up.

Shane and Vic are still partners.

Lem and Tavon are partners.

Ronnie and Dutch are now stuck as partners pending Claudette's promotion.

Everyone's still bitter about everyone else.

Keep it that way for 5 or 5 episodes. Then have one huge case that ends up bringing the Strike Team back together, unwillingly at first.

Ronnie could get to know Ducth and start defending him against Vic and Shane. Plus Dutch has gotta sucker punch Vic sometime next season...just has to happen.

Nice idea but two problems:

1. Tavon was written out of the series during the finale, as Vic stated that Tavon had quit the team inbetween episode 314 and 315.

2. At the end of the season finale, Acaveda relayed a message from the Chief to Claudette about how she had lost her promotion and that he had picked another person to replace Acaveda.

That being said, I offer the following alternative set-up:

The Strike Team is disbanded, Claudette is in the doghouse, and Dutch is still trying to get Vic for his involment in the Money Train heist. In order to keep Dutch occupied and to keep Ronnie and Lem around as a favor to Vic, Acaveda uses his pull to create a sex crimes investigation group (similar to L&O's SVU) with Dutch leading it. As part of the squad, Ronnie and Lem are working together and are the only members of the ST who are on speaking terms, especially after Ronnie befriends Dutch and starts defending him to Vic, who is furious that Ronnie would take Dutch's side over Vic's.

Claudette meanwhile is paired with Shane, who has officially severed all ties with Vic and become even more of a lose cannon (do to the fact that his wife Mara has miscarried and blames Shane for her miscarriage), to such an extent that Acaveda has been ordered to stick the two together in hopes that they do something that will give the Chief the excuse to fire both of them.

Vic meanwhile is working with Dani (who's magically been promoted to Detective status inbetween seasons) and mentoring her. Sadly their relationship is convoluted do to the fact that Dani has started sleeping with Vic again despite having feelings for Dutch. Meanwhile Vic is ultra-bitter at Dutch for getting hs sex-cirmes investigation group greenlighted in the wake of the ST being disbanded.

The status quo stays that way for a while (around 4-5 episodes) until a full-fledged gang war breaks out in Farmington, which leads to the reformation of the ST with Vic in charge. However Ronnie and Lem refuse to rejoin the team, so Vic is forced to rebuild it from scratch with Dani, Claudette (who is convinced by Acaveda to join so as to keep Vic in check) and Shane, who by this point in the series has made up with Vic after Mara leaves him. Meanwhile Dutch and Dani finally have sex, behind Vic's back.

Keep this going for several more episodes until the last couple of episodes of the season, when Vic's team and Dutch's team both are forced to work together to catch a drug-dealer/rapist. During this team-up, Dani let's it slip that she had sex with Dutch to Vic, which leads to Dutch and Vic to finally have it out and fight.

I'd also toss in Claudette trying to reform Shane and bring him into the straight and narrow path of good and Shane being torn between Vic and Claudette.